Limit Number of Trades Per Resource Per Nation

Placentica

Ashland, while that may (or may not, I really couldn't say) be his ulterior motive for supporting this suggestion, I don't think it's a bad one. Let's be real here for a moment. Right now either a lazy person, or a diabolical person, or just a plain inconsiderate person for that matter, can post up a crapton of offers at, lets say 1000 units each for some substantially lower price. Now, if it's the latter, they may not even have those resources right after they post them. Then the market is spammed with uncompletable offers, right?

If it's a lazy person, he (or she... nah, women aren't lazy, right?) can just post up an offer of 3 something at one rate, when it goes down he posts again, etc. etc. We still result in a bunch of uncompletable offers. So those who are trying to buy the valid offers will buy those, and then the lazy person's offers will be bunched around, thus still reducing the market's price.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

Did you consider that if they have 1000 food, they could just post three offers of 333 and not post an incomplete offer?

Because that's what I do.  You punish yourself for posting uncompleted offers.  Much more than anyone else.  Go post uncompleted offers.  See how long people will keep trying to buy your stuff.  Test your theory if you're so confident.  Go on.  If we're going to slant the system towards certain people we should have a damn good reason.  Not a portrait of a cat shrugging and saying "Well, maybe the hurpadur and the durpadur could furpadur."

EDIT: And how the hell do you not think that's a bad motive?!  That's like saying "Oh, well, the evil dictator MIGHT want to claim power to wipe out my entire race, but that's really not a bad motive."  What?! Of course it is!

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Aamir just reminded me of horrible trading method people did back in Alpha, I wouldn't be surprised if he played Alpha too. 

By people I probably mean just me. 

Any nations here to perma-raid him? This +1$ shit needs to be stopped

A non-VoC member showing you're a hypocrite isn't VoC making you look bad.

But it does provide some insight, you left your offers running for just over a week and mine are running for a couple of days(not over a week) as they mostly started on the 9th(2 days ago).

Lucky I realized I had so many now and will get around to removing them. 

No you know that's false.  Your steel trades have been up for quite a while.  His screenshot of my iron trades showed them being up for two days, not a week and you know this.  My trades were long deleted, lol.  And I personally would love it if there was a limit to trades because when I had a few more up than needed, I would be prompted to delete them. 

And the screenshot isn't even what I'm talking about since there is clearly movement in the trades whereas your trades are all right next to each other.  So it's not even apples to apples.  Staggered trades are fine, but you had about 5 trades within 3% of price change only.

No you know that's false.  Your steel trades have been up for quite a while.  His screenshot of my iron trades showed them being up for two days, not a week and you know this.  My trades were long deleted, lol.  And I personally would love it if there was a limit to trades because when I had a few more up than needed, I would be prompted to delete them. 

You have a screenshot of my trades in the OP, they go back to the 9th of November.

Yours stretched from the 28th of October to the 4th of November, that's more than 2 days obviously

And the screenshot isn't even what I'm talking about since there is clearly movement in the trades whereas your trades are all right next to each other.  So it's not even apples to apples.  Staggered trades are fine, but you had about 5 trades within 3% of price change only.

Yours at one point were $10 apart from each other, hows that any different?

IpHGyGc.png

It's clear why he wants this limit imposed.  Posting multiple offers is a quick, easy way of cutting into his profits without taking a huge risk because you leave your options open.  Having a trade limit disproportionately benefits people who have more time to play the market, i.e. Placentica and Aamir.  It's really just that simple.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, I'm sorry man.  You clearly don't realize or didn't take the time to check and see that I'm not even doing any both buy/sell side right now.  Old screenshots, not looking at current trade data -  you need to actually do some research before you just think this is September or something, lol.

This doesn't help anyone whether they are active or not as much.  You either have the top offer or you don't.  Having 5-10 other trades up at lower prices for thousands of units of one resource just means they sit there.  It only cleans up the trade market.  And if the suggestion doesn't happen it will only cost us all more time looking through trades that are clearly not going.  In the end I'm surprised some people are so against this.  I'm glad at least Diablos sees why this is alright.

And by all means, if you think it gives you an advantage to have 5-10+ trades up, Ashland, get to it and put them up bro.

You have a screenshot of my trades in the OP, they go back to the 9th of November.

Yours stretched from the 28th of October to the 4th of November, that's more than 2 days obviously

Yours at one point were $10 apart from each other, hows that any different?

Those trades were 11/2-11/4.  And for amounts that were staggered.  It happens that there were a few too many and they were deleted a long time ago and you've corrected your mistake as well, so thank you.  I wonder if you even would've if I hadn't suggested it here though.  I did mine without being prompted since I never like to have too many trades up of one resource.  The one from Oct. 28th is a lower value trade in case lead dropped to that rate, which it would sometimes.  I have no issues with staggered buying.

Your trades were 3% value difference - nothing basically.  The obsolete data being used "against" me is a value change of 55% - big difference and there were trades in between each one of them.

Oops.

You're welcome Ashland.

What?

And the screenshot isn't even what I'm talking about since there is clearly movement in the trades whereas your trades are all right next to each other.  So it's not even apples to apples.  Staggered trades are fine, but you had about 5 trades within 3% of price change only.

You had enough trades so that if I posted a new buy order it would show upon page two.  Sometimes.  It's weird.  Sometimes the buy orders are ordered properly and sometimes they are not, regardless of how I search for them.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, I'm sorry man.  You clearly don't realize or didn't take the time to check and see that I'm not even doing any both buy/sell side right now.  Old screenshots, not looking at current trade data -  you need to actually do some research before you just think this is September or something, lol.

This doesn't help anyone whether they are active or not as much.  You either have the top offer or you don't.  Having 5-10 other trades up at lower prices for thousands of units of one resource just means they sit there.  It only cleans up the trade market.  And if the suggestion doesn't happen it will only cost us all more time looking through trades that are clearly not going.  In the end I'm surprised some people are so against this.  I'm glad at least Diablos sees why this is alright.

And by all means, if you think it gives you an advantage to have 5-10+ trades up, Ashland, get to it and put them up bro.

Oh, boy.  Please, calm down.  I don't know what's going on between you and DEIC, but I'm not a part of it.  Had I known it would open up such a can of worms I would not have posted what, really, is a picture that isn't that incriminating.  As you say later on, your trades aren't clumped together.  But you were getting a little high and mighty, acting like this was something you never had a hand in and that you never made this mistake.  If this is how you respond to me just posting a picture of something you did, then I can understand the animosity between you and others.  Jesus Christ, man.  You embargoed me for NOTHING other than posting a picture of something that you indisputably did.  I hadn't even posted anything else by that point.  So obviously it struck a nerve.  If you didn't care, you wouldn't have done any of what you've done in retaliation.

And I think it helps when I don't have the time to constantly check prices.  It allows me to price down without pricing ALL my inventory down.  It's really that simple.

For what it's worth, I do agree that what you did and what Diabolos did are two different animals.

This exchange has drastically impacted my opinion of you.  You have displayed a level of maturity that is several factors of ten less than what it should be for the average eating, sleeping, breathing adult human.  Your first reaction to even the first whiff of a challenge from me was immediately to drag it in-game.  Then you behaved condescendingly and insulted me.  Your success is so much less impressive to me now.  What a childish way to behave.

Thank God I didn't post anything really incriminating or you'd be busy bribing people to attack me by now.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frankly I don't understand why certain people cant accept the fact this is a simple suggestion to limit the number of trade and that's about it. Yet they need to post tonnes of garbage link just to make the person who made the suggestion look bad. sigh or perhaps is just a tactic to increase this post count?

Edited by Vincent

Frankly I don't understand why certain people cant accept the fact this is a simple suggestion to limit the number of trade and that's about it. Yet they need to post tonnes of garbage link just to make the person who made the suggestion look bad. sigh or perhaps is just a tactic to increase this post count?

Fine. Duly noted.  I'll refrain from discussing it any further if you think, perhaps rightly, that this derailed the topic.

aUel2fG.png

2dd.jpg

This got intense

Just like in real life economies can go to shit or standstill because of idiots, but I dont think we limit it. Adding more features to it to make it more dynamic would be nice though

Edited by Dolphman

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS

Placing an embargo just because you didn't like how that someone is playing the trade market?absolutely unjustified.

Actually, I think its entirely justified.  Thats what embargo is for.  To not give profit to someone you disagree with.

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

• 3 weeks later...

A non-VoC member showing you're a hypocrite isn't VoC making you look bad.

But it does provide some insight, you left your offers running for just over a week and mine are running for a couple of days(not over a week) as they mostly started on the 9th(2 days ago).

Lucky I realized I had so many now and will get around to removing them. 

I guess this might need more discussion.  These trades have been up for several days now and I just took the screenshots of them now.

u5xoIU8.jpg

vTt8VZv.jpg

FoX3Asf.jpg

v4B7rwz.jpg

I13tyZx.jpg

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 2

I think one buy and sell order per resource should be sufficient.

Best suggestion. Simple.Clean. Efficient.  You want to sell higher or lower than your last offer, just remove previous offer.  I'd like to see the game mechanics inform you that you already have an existing trade for "x" resource when you attempt to post another offer for the same resource, and reject the attempt to post another until the previous is sold or removed.

• Upvote 4

c3Ct0v4.png

We need to limit the number of trade one nation can bid to buy for any one resources. Go take a look at the offer to buy for Steel ( out of 30 offers to buy , 19 is from the same nation) and aluminium - out of 29, 16 are from the same nation) No I am not going to name that nation , you just need to take a look yourself. This is purely irritating for any genuine seller who wish sell their resources fast for instant cash, they need to flip through two page before coming to one which is actually making an bid that make sense and decent. We really need to do something about limiting the number of bid for the resource one nation can do at any one time.

Edited by Vincent

Best suggestion. Simple.Clean. Efficient.  You want to sell higher or lower than your last offer, just remove previous offer.  I'd like to see the game mechanics inform you that you already have an existing trade for "x" resource when you attempt to post another offer for the same resource, and reject the attempt to post another until the previous is sold or removed.

I'd support this if the error message gives you the option to delete the existing trade offer and post the attempted offer in one click.

• Upvote 4

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Meh, it wouldn't be hard to convince 13 people to fill up the first page with crap offers so I don't care either way. 

In case you didn't notice, I changed my mind on the whole not doing it again. I'm just getting so much food and oil for so cheap that it would be idiotic to stop.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win