The "Retarded" Thread

Fizban

Everything, pretty much.

This community is so amazingly aggressive and yet so sensitive. lol.

I mean, the whole Nordreich thing was just rediculous, and every now ant then we get something simmaler like this.

Its so stupid. This is the internet. If youre that sensitive, you should probably put your tin foil hat back on, stop going outside and remember that the vast majority of the internet is probably offensive in some shape or form, thus you should get your parents permission to log onto www.politicsandwar.com if you would like to play.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

It's not like people are FREAKING OUT about the word "retarded", this is merely a discussion of whether we should/do use it in real life.

• Upvote 2

Also, I think its worth adding that Im a perfectly decent human and believe in the use of any and all words imaginable. I use the F word alot. I use "retard" just as much. To me, logically speaking, words are words, just like any word. The entire meaning of a word is not set in stone. It can easly change with time and culture.

I suggest you all get used to that, because its a fact.

In japanese, the word "ho" means fire. In Englih, we use it to refer to skanky girls. Oh, Im sorry. Did the word "ho" offend you?

Im almost 100% sure that even Google chrome doesnt include a suit of armor. Welcome to the internet.

Oh come on, this is complete moral ambivalence. Some words are clearly offensive, and unless you think that Presidential candidates should start calling each other c***s in the middle of debates becuse "it's just a word" you can't pretend that words are meaningless.

• Upvote 3

Except that if the word retard were banned, just like Nazism, this would be the first game like this Ive heard of to do so. Even in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), its perfectly acceptable to use the term and even use it as an insult in some debates.

Further more, using the term "retard" has become so common place in america that it has become a mostly harmless jab at anyone displaying a lack or intelect or perseption.

It is not harmless - you think it is harmless because you're ignorant.

Nazism and the rest are banned everywhere else on the internet, except for in extreme cases such as 4chan, where they are merely tolerated. There is a reason that Nordreich only exists in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and nowhere else, and that is because the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) admin is the only person stupid enough to actually allow such a malignant tumor in his community. No real game with a serious number of subscribers could ever get away with such filth.

• Upvote 1

It's not like people are FREAKING OUT about the word "retarded", this is merely a discussion of whether we should/do use it in real life.

Which in and of itself is indeed retarded to means I cannot possibly explain.

Oh come on, this is complete moral ambivalence. Some words are clearly offensive, and unless you think that Presidential candidates should start calling each other c***s in the middle of debates becuse "it's just a word" you can't pretend that words are meaningless.

I can and do. Should have seen my own states debates. Even being super conservative we had two candidates, (being as obcenenly rightist as they where) who were added to the debates as a way of showing openeness in the Republican party.

That totally ended well. Not like it ended with littereally everyone laughing at said two candidattes or anything......

Nazism and the rest are banned everywhere else on the internet, except for in extreme cases such as 4chan, where they are merely tolerated. There is a reason that Nordreich only exists in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and nowhere else, and that is because the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) admin is the only person stupid enough to actually allow such a malignant tumor in his community. No real game with a serious number of subscribers could ever get away with such filth.

I beleive in freedom of speech.

Anytime you want to kick me form your AA, Im OK with it...

Im here because you tell me to be here. Thats it....

Edited by Sheepy

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I double post often. If that equally offends you, I suggest you stop using the internet.

Holy !@#$, this community is irritatingly trollish. PN and PT were bad, but this place is BAD

You keep using that word and I think you don't know what it means. 
of·fend·ed
əˈfendid/
adjective
resentful or annoyed, typically as a result of a perceived insult.

Your double post is not an insult. If anyone is even somewhat insulted by double posting, then I agree that they shouldn't be on the internet. It is merely annoying. As you can see here, double posting is typically frowned upon in internet forums. It can also be used to inflate your post count. Post count is typically not a problem, but Sheepy has recently added new rewards based on post count. Double posting could possibly be seen as cheating. Also, proven by this post, it can lead to off topic discussion that is not necessary and can derail the thread. We have an edit button for a reason. 

Please take my disorder seriously. It actually seems a bit ironic that you aren't taking a disorder seriously in a thread about the word "retarded", based on the past meaning of the word. OCD is a serious disorder that changes how I would probably go about my day. When I go to bed, often I wake up after I go to sleep to check a few random things - loaded gun, locked door, and phone on the charger. One night I recorded myself to figure out how much sleep I lost because of this. I am losing around fifteen minutes of sleep each night because of my disorder. Fifteen minutes doesn't sound like much, but that is one hundred and five minutes each week. Here is your friendly reminder that time is slipping away. While that site isn't accurate, it gives you a visual idea of how long you really have. 

Earlier today, I was in a bar with friends. There were paintings on the wall. One was slanted. I was in the bar for hours, thinking of how I could fix that picture or how I could get out of there without my buddies seeing me leave. I was considering "dropping" my bottle and "accidentally" stepping on the glass as an excuse. Once I got the nerve to do it, they had to get back to work and left. 

I suggest you read on my disorder or become more tolerant of others who are different than yourself. 

• Upvote 1

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

of·fend·ed
əˈfendid/
adjective

Your double post is not an insult. If anyone is even somewhat insulted by double posting, then I agree that they shouldn't be on the internet. It is merely annoying. As you can see here, double posting is typically frowned upon in internet forums. It can also be used to inflate your post count. Post count is typically not a problem, but Sheepy has recently added new rewards based on post count. Double posting could possibly be seen as cheating. Also, proven by this post, it can lead to off topic discussion that is not necessary and can derail the thread. We have an edit button for a reason. 

Please take my disorder seriously. It actually seems a bit ironic that you aren't taking a disorder seriously in a thread about the word "retarded", based on the past meaning of the word. OCD is a serious disorder that changes how I would probably go about my day. When I go to bed, often I wake up after I go to sleep to check a few random things - loaded gun, locked door, and phone on the charger. One night I recorded myself to figure out how much sleep I lost because of this. I am losing around fifteen minutes of sleep each night because of my disorder. Fifteen minutes doesn't sound like much, but that is one hundred and five minutes each week. Here is your friendly reminder that time is slipping away. While that site isn't accurate, it gives you a visual idea of how long you really have. 

Earlier today, I was in a bar with friends. There were paintings on the wall. One was slanted. I was in the bar for hours, thinking of how I could fix that picture or how I could get out of there without my buddies seeing me leave. I was considering "dropping" my bottle and "accidentally" stepping on the glass as an excuse. Once I got the nerve to do it, they had to get back to work and left. 

I suggest you read on my disorder or become more tolerant of others who are different than yourself. 

Not even debating anymore as I honest dont give two flying !@#$. It doesnt matter how this thread turns out because Ill use my lingo as I will, if you qll are too !@#$ to handle it, IDGAF. I ll still !@#$ use it. Please enjoy the alientation and unreasonable banning of your own community as you have many times before.

!@#$ YOU ALL AND GDAY!

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Everyone just ignore him/her. We can have a civil debate, Fox-Fire is just after attention. Let's get back on subject.

I think saying Retarded is okay, and I'm never for censorship, but I think that people need to be aware of how the words that they're using can change the world around them. I also think that Political Correctness is something that noone should strive for--instead, people should just try to be decent human beings. What's your guy's stance?

• Upvote 2

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

OK, just ignore my comments because Ive not only been here longer than EVERYONE here, Ive also followed the game the whole time. I was even a mod here....

But ignore me please..... By god, you must all be smarter.....

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

What relevance does how long you've been on this site have to a general debate about the use of a particular term in our everyday lives?

If this were a discussion of moderation issues for this forum, your past experience as a moderator (assuming you are telling the truth) would matter. But really, who cares how long you've been here?

• Upvote 2

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

What relevance does how long you've been on this site have to a general debate about the use of a particular term in our everyday lives?

If this were a discussion of moderation issues for this forum, your past experience as a moderator (assuming you are telling the truth) would matter. But really, who cares how long you've been here?

Which, back to my very point, doesnt need discussed....

Should I start with ABCs or do you got that one already?

And yes, I was one of the first mods in PaW!! I hope thats a story. Unfortunately for me and Sheepy its actuallly true. Back then there was a moderation disaster. I honestly didnt think hed take me as a mod, as Ive never done it before, but he did, along with Unkajo, the idiot who ruined the whole thing for me.

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

If you don't want to discuss it, stop discussing it. I really don't get why this is so upsetting to you.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were getting offended.

Edited by Grillick
  • Upvote 3

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

If you don't want to discuss it, stop discussing it. I really don't get why this is so upsetting to you.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were getting offended.

TBH, Im actually just drunk. I seriously have stopped trying to give two flying &#33;@#&#036; about this game anyomore. Theres literally no point.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I think we should consider that we are not here to consider whether or not any of us are wrong or right. I was hoping this thread would become something of a way to understand the use of "retard" and similar terms considered to be derogatory. As Wilhelm stated, I was very surprised to learn that retard was used in an acceptable manner. This also shows that in different places, things are more and less acceptable. I learned something from that. I have not learned a single thing from this biased squabble.

• Upvote 1

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

I used it commonly until my ex-boyfriend got me to stop.  He was the social justice warrior type.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Nazism and the rest are banned everywhere else on the internet, except for in extreme cases such as 4chan, where they are merely tolerated. There is a reason that Nordreich only exists in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and nowhere else, and that is because the (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) admin is the only person stupid enough to actually allow such a malignant tumor in his community. No real game with a serious number of subscribers could ever get away with such filth.

Nordreich isnt even Nazi. Its so blatantly obvious that its styled after some strange combo of both German reichs and Scanadanavia. Theres nothing wrong with them, especially considering its all RP, and not RL. Funny how you attack Admin, knowing full well that (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) is far more succesful than PaW.

Theres a reason that Nazism is banned in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), yet NoR is not. Because NoR =/= Nazism.

Just like runes =/= Nazism, and I find it insulting that you equate them to such, but you seem to have sucefully made the opposite a fact around here.

You guys are not this sensitive. Youre just trolls.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I use the words "retard" and "retarded" in casual conversation every so often, but not consistently, because I was raised in a very politically correct environment (for context, when I was in preschool, my mother told me that the F-word was "fat" and the S-word was "stupid" to try and keep me from offending anyone). I only very rarely use it in writing, and even then it is usually intended to be interpreted as per its original meaning (for example, "The hostility of the Russian winter retarded the progress of the German Army's once-rapid advance.").

However, I don't see any reason to frown upon these words in a casual context. There are words that offend me a hell of a lot, too, but I've learned to shrug them off. We have to learn to accept that other cultures often don't adhere to our moral standards; why is Western liberalism necessarily the pinnacle of moral righteousness?

This type of argument says a lot more about the person making it than it does about the internet. The fact that the internet is full of trolls and obnoxious idiots does not mean that it is unacceptable for people to try to make it better: quite the opposite.

The problem with accepting this type of behavior because "this is the internet" is that it implies that the internet is a homogenous thing that is only suitable for one type of person. The goal of all societies should be to be more inclusive and make people feel welcome. Even if the conscious goal of using this type of language isn't to make people feel unwelcome, that is still the result.

Your problem, my friend, is that you think that there is a change that can be made which will make the Internet objectively "better". I'm not so sure that there is. In addition, I agree with you that the Internet is not a homogeneous entity; it is a fragmented collection of entities, each with a varying level of homogeneity or heterogeneity, but most tending towards homogeneity. Like the U.S., the Internet is no longer a melting pot; it is a salad bowl. Unfortunately for your argument, however, a salad where lettuce is banned because tomatoes don't want to share the bowl with such a bland ingredient is a salad which has just become more, rather than less, homogeneous.

Look at it this way: if two friends have to order a pizza, and one loves pepperoni and would never eat a pizza without it but the other hates it and would never eat a pizza with it, what do they do? Should they argue for hours over the pizza's toppings? Should they order some non-pizza food that neither of them actually wants? Should they order the pizza entirely with or without pepperoni, thus forcing one friend to go hungry? These are all terrible solutions. What the friends should do is order a pizza with pepperoni on one half, and no pepperoni on the other half. Then, everyone will be happy.

4chan is a pizza where every topping is welcome, and anyone who doesn't like it can keep their picky hands to themselves; P&W is a pizza where only some toppings are allowed, and anyone who can't tolerate the presence or absence of a particular topping would be advised to look elsewhere for satisfaction.

Intellectual diversity is important. The Internet is intellectually diverse right now, but if we try to force a universally acceptable culture upon it, then we will destroy the vast majority of that intellectual diversity. The fact is, of course, that you aren't trying to force a universally acceptable culture upon it; no, you're trying to do something much worse. You're trying to force a specific, highly politicized culture upon it, which is overtly hostile to anyone and everyone of a different culture. The unfortunate fact is that every culture is exclusive to some degree or other.

The way that I see it, the Internet is infinitely large, so why not give Fox Fire his corner, and you yours? Neither one of you even has to look at the other, and anyone who doesn't like one corner can go to the other. If you're unhappy that you can't have both corners, well... get over it, I guess.

Every word and phrase has its time and place. Presidential debates are on the extremely formal end of the spectrum of possible contexts, but there's a lot of less formal contexts. If a friend of mine used the word that you mentioned above - or the word "retarded", for that matter - in a casual conversation, I wouldn't think any less of him, depending on the context in which he used the word; but if he were running for political office, and he used one of those words in a televised advertisement to describe a political opponent, I would probably think much, much less of him, and I'm sure many other people would, too.

I prefer to keep my own writing on the formal end of the spectrum in every context - which means that I only rarely use the word "retard" or "retarded" as an insult in writing - but some people don't, and I don't see a problem with that, so long as they are mindful of the context in which they are writing.

of·fend·ed
əˈfendid/
adjective

Your double post is not an insult. If anyone is even somewhat insulted by double posting, then I agree that they shouldn't be on the internet. It is merely annoying.

Have you ever heard the phrase "it offended his sensibilities" or even "an offensive smell"? There's a reason that your definition specifies that being offended is typically (that is, not always) the result of a perceived (that is, not necessarily real) insult. Fox Fire was using the word correctly, even if he was being less-than-polite while doing so.

Nordreich isnt even !@#$. Its so blatantly obvious that its styled after some strange combo of both German reichs and Scanadanavia. Theres nothing wrong with them, especially considering its all RP, and not RL. Funny how you attack Admin, knowing full well that (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) is far more succesful than PaW.

Theres a reason that Nazism is banned in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), yet NoR is not. Because NoR =/= Nazism.

Just like runes =/= Nazism, and I find it insulting that you equate them to such, but you seem to have sucefully made the opposite a fact around here.

You guys are not this sensitive. Youre just trolls.

Look, I agree with a lot of what you've said so far - with several notable exceptions - but you've got to stop dragging the past into this. You talk about how people on the Internet need to learn not to overreact and attack ideas that are offensive to them, but you're overreacting and attacking P&W. In the same way that you think others should accept that you and the communities that you are a part of use and will continue to use the words "retard" and "retarded" in any context that you like, I think that you should accept that this community is more committed to the principles of modern social justice - for better or worse - and will probably frown upon anything perceived to be contrary to those principles.

P&W can't impose its culture upon you (much as some in the community may believe that its culture is a universal good), and you can't impose your culture upon P&W (much as you may believe that its existing culture is unfair and oppressive). That's just the way it is, and I hope we can all agree that that's the way it should stay.

Which in and of itself is indeed retarded to means I cannot possibly explain.

I can and do. Should have seen my own states debates. Even being super conservative we had two candidates, (being as obcenenly rightist as they where) who were added to the debates as a way of showing openeness in the Republican party.

That totally ended well. Not like it ended with littereally everyone laughing at said two candidattes or anything......

Idaho? And it's not like they started cussing.

>However, I don't see any reason to frown upon these words in a casual context. There are words that offend me a hell of a lot, too, but I've learned to shrug them off.

tell me your deepest darkest secrets; the things that really grind your gears

your biggest weakness

the thing that has caused you the most pain and suffering in your entire life

and then let me use it as a casual insult and laugh at you for it, and tell you that you need to learn to shrug it off

this perspective could only come from someone who was raised in such a cushioned environment as yours; in a white bread middle class fantasy world without perspective and divorced from the rest of the world

knowing you, you have no problems except for the fact that your life is so sanitary and insulated as to be in another world completely

lucky you

excuse me u bigoted piece of !@#$, i identify as a hereno and i'll have u know that herenos like me are a persecuted minority in dis country, every day i suffer under the psych-o-logical weight of bein called "commie" and "red" and treated like i am not an expert on errything that i think i am, and ppl like u make my life a living hell

Edited by Dietrich

Blatant insults that are basically OOC attacks are not ok and should be punished in communities. The internet is bad place where terrible stuff happens with or without you, you don't need to add to it's sins by being a terrible person because it's still going to be just as bad without you. That doesn't mean you don't have to a reasonable human being that isn't a complete toolbag online. 

• Upvote 2

IpHGyGc.png

I use the words "retard" and "retarded" in casual conversation every so often, but not consistently, because I was raised in a very politically correct environment (for context, when I was in preschool, my mother told me that the F-word was "fat" and the S-word was "stupid" to try and keep me from offending anyone). I only very rarely use it in writing, and even then it is usually intended to be interpreted as per its original meaning (for example, "The hostility of the Russian winter retarded the progress of the German Army's once-rapid advance.").

However, I don't see any reason to frown upon these words in a casual context. There are words that offend me a hell of a lot, too, but I've learned to shrug them off. We have to learn to accept that other cultures often don't adhere to our moral standards; why is Western liberalism necessarily the pinnacle of moral righteousness?

Your problem, my friend, is that you think that there is a change that can be made which will make the Internet objectively "better". I'm not so sure that there is. In addition, I agree with you that the Internet is not a homogeneous entity; it is a fragmented collection of entities, each with a varying level of homogeneity or heterogeneity, but most tending towards homogeneity. Like the U.S., the Internet is no longer a melting pot; it is a salad bowl. Unfortunately for your argument, however, a salad where lettuce is banned because tomatoes don't want to share the bowl with such a bland ingredient is a salad which has just become more, rather than less, homogeneous.

Look at it this way: if two friends have to order a pizza, and one loves pepperoni and would never eat a pizza without it but the other hates it and would never eat a pizza with it, what do they do? Should they argue for hours over the pizza's toppings? Should they order some non-pizza food that neither of them actually wants? Should they order the pizza entirely with or without pepperoni, thus forcing one friend to go hungry? These are all terrible solutions. What the friends should do is order a pizza with pepperoni on one half, and no pepperoni on the other half. Then, everyone will be happy.

4chan is a pizza where every topping is welcome, and anyone who doesn't like it can keep their picky hands to themselves; P&W is a pizza where only some toppings are allowed, and anyone who can't tolerate the presence or absence of a particular topping would be advised to look elsewhere for satisfaction.

Intellectual diversity is important. The Internet is intellectually diverse right now, but if we try to force a universally acceptable culture upon it, then we will destroy the vast majority of that intellectual diversity. The fact is, of course, that you aren't trying to force a universally acceptable culture upon it; no, you're trying to do something much worse. You're trying to force a specific, highly politicized culture upon it, which is overtly hostile to anyone and everyone of a different culture. The unfortunate fact is that every culture is exclusive to some degree or other.

The way that I see it, the Internet is infinitely large, so why not give Fox Fire his corner, and you yours? Neither one of you even has to look at the other, and anyone who doesn't like one corner can go to the other. If you're unhappy that you can't have both corners, well... get over it, I guess.

Every word and phrase has its time and place. Presidential debates are on the extremely formal end of the spectrum of possible contexts, but there's a lot of less formal contexts. If a friend of mine used the word that you mentioned above - or the word "retarded", for that matter - in a casual conversation, I wouldn't think any less of him, depending on the context in which he used the word; but if he were running for political office, and he used one of those words in a televised advertisement to describe a political opponent, I would probably think much, much less of him, and I'm sure many other people would, too.

I prefer to keep my own writing on the formal end of the spectrum in every context - which means that I only rarely use the word "retard" or "retarded" as an insult in writing - but some people don't, and I don't see a problem with that, so long as they are mindful of the context in which they are writing.

Have you ever heard the phrase "it offended his sensibilities" or even "an offensive smell"? There's a reason that your definition specifies that being offended is typically (that is, not always) the result of a perceived (that is, not necessarily real) insult. Fox Fire was using the word correctly, even if he was being less-than-polite while doing so.

Look, I agree with a lot of what you've said so far - with several notable exceptions - but you've got to stop dragging the past into this. You talk about how people on the Internet need to learn not to overreact and attack ideas that are offensive to them, but you're overreacting and attacking P&W. In the same way that you think others should accept that you and the communities that you are a part of use and will continue to use the words "retard" and "retarded" in any context that you like, I think that you should accept that this community is more committed to the principles of modern social justice - for better or worse - and will probably frown upon anything perceived to be contrary to those principles.

P&W can't impose its culture upon you (much as some in the community may believe that its culture is a universal good), and you can't impose your culture upon P&W (much as you may believe that its existing culture is unfair and oppressive). That's just the way it is, and I hope we can all agree that that's the way it should stay.

Yup. I was pretty drunk last night.

Regardless, I suppose it doesnt matter if this becomes a rule, because I wont follow it.

Idaho? And it's not like they started cussing.

Yeah. Instead, they started bashing homosexuals and reading bible verses, which I find to be far worse.

excuse me u bigoted piece of !@#$, i identify as a hereno and i'll have u know that herenos like me are a persecuted minority in dis country, every day i suffer under the psych-o-logical weight of bein called "commie" and "red" and treated like i am not an expert on errything that i think i am, and ppl like u make my life a living hell

Hereno is a race?

Blatant insults that are basically OOC attacks are not ok and should be punished in communities. The internet is bad place where terrible stuff happens with or without you, you don't need to add to it's sins by being a terrible person because it's still going to be just as bad without you. That doesn't mean you don't have to a reasonable human being that isn't a complete toolbag online. 

So we should punish people for their culture!! Brilliant!!! (In the rediculous Guiness commercial voices)

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

That's quite a leap, I'm not even sure how that targets culture.

That said if retard is used commonly around you then your community is probably a pile of !@#$heads in one way or another. 

On the contrary, YOUR community is a pile of !@#$heads.

Now what?....

Isnt diversity great? (Even though it doesnt exist in PaW)

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I don't have a community, I just sit ideally by and judge others. 

However if I did have a community it would be a pleasant place and not one that encourages aggression and repulsive tones.

I question your logic, you think you're smarter than everyone because you were a mod and were here for a long time before most people. 

If anything your emotions are the driving force behind your time in this game, even when you were a mod which could be argued is why everyone was amazed that you were one. I expect mods to be calm and collected which is traits you do not possess. 

Edited by Diabolos

IpHGyGc.png

I don't have a community, I just sit ideally by and judge others. 

However if I did have a community it would be a pleasant place and not one that encourages aggression and repulsive tones.

I question your logic, you think you're smarter than everyone because you were a mod and were here for a long time before most people. 

If anything your emotions are the driving force behind your time in this game, even when you were a mod which could be argued is why everyone was amazed that you were one. I expect mods to be calm and collected which is traits you do not possess. 

Actually, I was just being drunk and egotistical last night.

My point is, this whole discussion is what most people mean, when they call something "retarded."

My point is, this doesnt need discussed. If someone is offended by something, there is this cool thing called "reporting it to the staff" that frequently works great for solving all sorts of issues.

Banning use of the term "retard" or "retarded" is likely going to cause far more issues than it solves.

This issue simply needs to be solved at moderation discretion.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--