Of Longboats & Men

ooohu

Of Longboats & Men: A Poll on Raiding  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently raid or support raiding?

• Yes I do.
    • No, I don't.
  2. 2. What are your views on alliances that support raiding?

• They're cool man, I love em!
    • As long as they don't raid my alliance I don't care about them.
    • I despise raiders, they're immoral and a blight on this game.
  3. 3. If you could eliminate raiding entirely would you?

• No I wouldn't, it's a valid way of playing the game.
    • Yes I would, we have an obligation to protect the unaligned and weak.
  4. 4. Would you ever treaty or befriend an alliance that raids?

• I would.
    • I wouldn't.

The premise of this poll is pretty simple, it's meant to gauge the communities opinion on raiding and raider alliances. Voting positions will be hidden so your choices will be entirely anonymous and so you'll be able to answer without fear of having your alliance, allies, or enemies finding out your opinions on this dirty deed.

If you're for raiding or against it, vote and tell us why you feel that way. Whether it be from experiences formed in this game or elsewhere it's all valid.

So tell me, what's your views are on this guys!

02irv.gif

I support it.

Raiders must die

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

For me as long as they raid only the unaligned , I do not see much problem with it. If you do not wanted to be raided , join an alliance, simple as that. But if you are talking about an alliance such as Red Guards or Raiders Return, then that is a threat to the safety of all. Those alliance raid like no one's business and basically is raiding at everything they could get their hands on.

eh its all in the eye of the beholder.

I'm indifferent on the basis of raiding. I feel that if an alliance has the need/want to raid then they shall raid  - whether the raided nations are aligned or unaligned is up to that said alliance. I mean if they have the guts(balls) to do it then by all means do it. This is after all a nation simulation, creating alliance basically creates "countries" per se - therefore countries will raid other countries just like in the real world. All is game.

Those who don't support it and work to ban it will always fail in my opinion and you stand on no grounds to actually work to ban it. Let it be as it is, if you're worried about being raided build up your nation and alliance for protection - that's the way to do it.

As long as you only hit those unaligned , you should be ok, it is unlikely they would be able to cause major damage even if they were to fight back. And always be prepared to offer peace if they join any alliance. Their ally might not appreciate anyone hitting their members or applicants.

So long as they don't threaten the total destruction of an aggressor over a person that applied 2 thier alliance days into thier asskicking, i agree. Peace is easy 2 find in this realm. Unless u act an a-hole.  I think some around here could learn the power of politeness. #2cents

I can tolerate raiding as a part of the game, but I couldn't stand it when some raiders get upset when people strikes back and demand the rest of the game to cater to his personal needs, which come from others' expenses.

• Upvote 1
UedhRvY.png

Raiding is a natural and interesting part of the game.

There needs to be a balance though, because if raiding becomes too prevalent, it can discourage people from playing the game.

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus Christ this thread won't die.

It's the votes, every time someone votes it forces this to the top of the new content list where another person sees it and votes which forces it back up to the top of the new content list and repeats ad infinitum

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

It doesn't help that the lot of us keep posting nonsense to the thread, either.

No kidding, we must be wasting everyone's time with these pointless notifications.

"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."
     - Emperor Haile Selassie I

The Republic

The Republic Map

Raiding is part of the game. So I agree with it. It keeps things interesting. But an alliance that does this on the regular unless already huge probably won't get far.

Its part of the game.  However, I do get some schadenfreude when I watch a nation that is a chronic raider (always at all times in 5 wars), then they finally get hit back.  They throw a little hissy fit, then become inactive.