Full Soldiers vs Soldier+Tank Army

Ace

1) Which is better in your view?

2) And why?

Explain and defend your opinion with arguments! :D

Basically I am making this topic because I don't think this is actually addressed anywhere else. I've checked the tuts or the forum. And the specs to how useful tanks are actually are isn't described in the Military>Tanks anyway other than "dramatically increase the effectiveness of soldiers" a good question would be "how dramatically?"

Munitions for Soldiers are clearly defined and well. 1.75x effectiveness for the price of 600-1000$ (market average price for Munitions). That's a HUGE gain.

But until someone can explain why Soldier+Tank army is better than a full Soldier with Munitions army. I wouldn't bother the super high cost of building a Factory and buying the 1500+ priced steel and gasoline to use it.

That's my take.

Now, whose gonna prove me wrong? (Or right, lol)

~

tumblr_lvdwo8dqCe1qcm0i5o2_r1_250.gif

" Fighting through the Storm "

~

1) Which is better in your view?

2) And why?

Explain and defend your opinion with arguments! :D

Basically I am making this topic because I don't think this is actually addressed anywhere else. I've checked the tuts or the forum. And the specs to how useful tanks are actually are isn't described in the Military>Tanks anyway other than "dramatically increase the effectiveness of soldiers" a good question would be "how dramatically?"

Munitions for Soldiers are clearly defined and well. 1.75x effectiveness for the price of 600-1000$ (market average price for Munitions). That's a HUGE gain.

But until someone can explain why Soldier+Tank army is better than a full Soldier with Munitions army. I wouldn't bother the super high cost of building a Factory and buying the 1500+ priced steel and gasoline to use it.

That's my take.

Now, whose gonna prove me wrong? (Or right, lol)

1 tank is worth 40-50 soldiers. So 100 tanks 4000-5000 soldiers, 500 tanks 20k-25k. And so on.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

Put it this way, 20k soldiers and 500 tanks beats 40k soldiers

Is it worth the amount of 30000 + steel to make the factory + $/steel to buy the tanks + gaseline to operation them.

Or Its better just to spend 30000 to buy 10 barracks and will cost less to train the troops?

But I guess I kinda understand. To save building slots it will cost more anyways.

~

~

A good combination of both. Soldiers are good and all, but faced with tanks they're just target dummies unless you field a ridiculous amount of them.

Yeah, I think tank's description on the military page should be updated

I agree. The tank page should be more descriptive.

And overall. Many great answers in here! Thanks

~

~

• Administrators

I'll update the tank description page, but essentially 1 tank = 40 soldiers, or like 22-23 armed soldiers (w/ munitions). 

Tanks are very expensive, cost a lot in upkeep for gasoline/munitions, but also are destroyed less often than soldiers are killed in battle. Who wins a battle is (generally) determined by overall army size, so if you factor in soldiers along with tanks at their soldier value (40/22) then you can get a better idea of when you might want to have them and when you might not want to have them.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Don't forget that air superiority halves tank effectiveness. So tanks are worth 40/20

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win