Conditional surrender

ELPINCHAZO

There is already a option to offer mutual peace but I think it might be interesting if parties would be able to offer a 'conditional surrender'  

i.e. if I give you $200k will you go away or if you give me $500 steel you can end this war.

The major problem I have with the idea is possible abuse via multis and such but maybe they will be very obvious and it may be no different than what they do currently.

• Administrators

I think that the issue with multis makes it potentially more harmful than beneficial. 

You can always negotiate a conditional surrender in-game without an in-game mechanic, and failing that if you can defeat the opposing nation you "earn" a conditional surrender bonus.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I think that the issue with multis makes it potentially more harmful than beneficial. 

You can always negotiate a conditional surrender in-game without an in-game mechanic, and failing that if you can defeat the opposing nation you "earn" a conditional surrender bonus.

so by the same token if it doesn't require the game mechanic it shouldn't be deemed more harmful than beneficial.

I think this takes away drama potential (ie. someone taking reps but not giving peace, or accepting peace without paying reps), but that might be a good thing as it makes all of our lives easier. I could go either way on this.

I already know several people who have payed to get out of a war. It is already handled in-game without the need of additional mechanics.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Whenever I see a war that ended in a peace agreement I wonder if there was actually mutual peace made, or if someone surrendered to the other. I like the option of being able to offer an opponent the option to surrender in lieu of peace. It could purely be cosmetic and really only serve as bragging rights. 

Whenever I see a war that ended in a peace agreement I wonder if there was actually mutual peace made, or if someone surrendered to the other. I like the option of being able to offer an opponent the option to surrender in lieu of peace. It could purely be cosmetic and really only serve as bragging rights.

"You lost the war!"

"No, you lost the war!"

"Well why can't we just white peace?"

"Because you lost! So surrender!"

:popcorn:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

An in-game mechanic would prevent nations from black-mailing the nation that it was combatting against.

​EXAMPLES:

​IN-GAME MECHANIC: *Samedi intends to exchange $500,000, 1,500 food, and 200 munitions in exchange for peace.* *ACCEPT or DECLINE*

*Accepted. Samedi is currently beige*

​Out of Game: *Private message*

​Nation 1: "Can I exchange $500,000, 1,500 food, and 200 munitions for peace?
​Nation 2: Sure. Transport the funds in exchange for peace.

​*Nation 1 transports funds to Nation 2*
 â€‹Nation 1: Why didn't you accept the proposal?
Nation 2: HAHAHAHAHA!
​*Nation 2 continues to assault nation 1*

An in-game mechanic would prevent nations from black-mailing the nation that it was combatting against.

​EXAMPLES:

​IN-GAME MECHANIC: *Samedi intends to exchange $500,000, 1,500 food, and 200 munitions in exchange for peace.* *ACCEPT or DECLINE*

actually it prevents nothing.

actually it prevents nothing.

It doesn't prevent blackmailing. It just prevents people from conning another person into funding their own destruction. Having an in game option for conditions would actually guarantee peace for the nation being attacked.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

​EXAMPLES:

Why wouldn't you just use a 3rd party for escrow?

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link