Alex

12/7/2019 - Removing Downvotes on the Forum

12 hours ago, Alex said:

Hello,

This is just a heads up that I have disabled "downvotes" and negative reputation on the forum. It may take some time to reset all users with negative reputation to the new minimum (zero) so if you're reading this and that hasn't been completed yet, please bear with me for some time.

It's been suggested many times that we revise / eliminate the reputation system, and I've finally decided to act. "Downvotes" are really just the laziest way to voice disagreement with someone, and contribute to the negativity and toxicity that is plaguing the game currently.

If you disagree with someone's post, you'll be forced to type a response explaining why. Single word posts like "no," "this sucks," etc. are still spam and will still earn you warning points as they always have per the Forum Rules.

Also, I've enabled the "Thanks" react to posts as well. Feel free to try it out on this post here :)

This makes no sense. People did reply to arguments and gave good ones. If s person has 26 downvotes for making a toixc argument, and someone replies and has 26 upvotes, are you implying the 26 people who have the same argument should be replying at the same time? I don't understand why you're protecting toxcitiy so adamently.

I guess Thanks is the new downvote. Thanks for this garbage change 

Meanwhile the server is a mess and missing turns. 

• Thanks 1

is there some actual reasoning behind this action? because i dont think its on account of the handful of users that are in the high negatives but rather some other group id rather not name who has been struggling with their community reputation lately

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

SoundsAwful.....Next you'll be charging for entry to the OWF.
Thanks Alex, it's nice to see where your priorities lie. (Hope you haven't forgotten about your Quarterly Report)

Really solid focus of your time and efforts when the game has been crashing and basically unplayable for the last, what, 3/4 days?   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Inst said:

Now, will someone give me a ton of ironic thanks and spike my kamras to the roof?

thanks

• Thanks 1

Game server isn't working properly....

Alex: i'Ll DiSsAbLe DoWnVoTe BuTtOn. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr James Wilson said:

Really solid focus of your time and efforts when the game has been crashing and basically unplayable for the last, what, 3/4 days?   

Alex clearly has his priorities straight, lmao.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

Game server isn't working properly....

Alex: i'Ll DiSsAbLe DoWnVoTe BuTtOn. 

Every time the server is down, I secretly and openly pray that it'll be down for good. Really it's the only way we'll be able to rid ourselves of this Nazi incel neckbeard filled cesspool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rollo said:

Every time the server is down, I secretly and openly pray that it'll be down for good. Really it's the only way we'll be able to rid ourselves of this Nazi incel neckbeard filled cesspool. 

My good sir have you considered become an ally of Goons? Getting rid of 2 out of 3 of those things ain't bad!

OKLWFwy.png

8 hours ago, rollo said:

you forgot "snowflakes" but close enough XP

• Haha 2

On 12/8/2019 at 2:06 AM, Inst said:

-Snip_

👎

Edited by Pasky Darkfire

I’m just here to do a slight gravedig, and downvote this suggestion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

well...its nice to see you are as consistent as always @Alex. denote the downvote as lazy and a contributor to toxicity but leave the upvote alone so that it can be mindlessly spammed by lackeys and boot lickers. good job. all the sanitizing in the world wont stop us responding to your trash in a negative way. i hope you have enjoyed this post you obviously wanted rather than the simple downvote i would have left

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On 12/8/2019 at 8:30 PM, Mars said:

is there some actual reasoning behind this action? because i dont think its on account of the handful of users that are in the high negatives but rather some other group id rather not name who has been struggling with their community reputation lately

Probably a desire for cultural change.  A fixation upon a dichotomous response approach to ideas is contrary to a culture that values debate and compromise.  I think it is about supporting a healthier forum for PnW players rather than sitting back and watching the toxicity devolve to ever greater depths.  Sometimes all long term change requires is a subtle alteration to a dynamic.  We will see given enough time I guess.

• Like 1