Tutorial Errors

Grillick

When I go to any of my city screens, I see the following message:

Tutorial

Marvelous! You now have room for 2 more improvements. Time to build a Power Plant, if you built a Coal Mine you'll want a Coal Power Plant, or if you built an Oil Well you'll want an Oil Power Plant.

Click the Power link to see the Power Plants and build one.

I do not have room for any improvements, and I already have a Nuclear Plant in each of my cities, so this message is completely erroneous. Also, I've been playing the game for eight months, so I don't really need a tutorial.

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

There is also a random "10" in everyone's nation page

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

Yes, the tutorial is supposed to be only for new players. It appears there was just a minor bug.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Tutorial

This is your capital city page. You'll see a lot of information about your city here. Your city's population is decided by a multitude of factors, but most important is Infrastructure. Your city starts with 10 infrastructure, but you'll want to expand it to grow your city and nation.

In the table titled Grow City below you'll see how much infrastructure and land your city currently has, and input boxes to buy more. Buy 100 infrastructure by entering '100' into the input box and clicking Go to advance to the next step in the tutorial.

I already spent all my money on infra before I started the tutorial.  Now I can't get the money for completing the tutorial. (Why is there a reward for completing the tutorial anyway???)

Edited by Aenir

Just read the tutorial and do what it says word for word. It works. If you buy different amounts or buy out of order it won't work.

There should be no distinction between things like buy 100 infra or two lots of 50. And it shouldn't matter the order in which you buy a powerplant/power manufacturer. 

Having incentives for the tutorial doesn't even make sense.

Edited by Saru
  • Upvote 2

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

• Administrators

There should be no distinction between things like buy 100 infra or two lots of 50. And it shouldn't matter the order in which you buy a powerplant/power manufacturer. 

Having incentives for the tutorial doesn't even make sense.

You need to buy the infra required to be able to be the improvements to complete the tutorial. You can't get a farm, resource imp, power plant, and barracks if you only buy 50 infra.

So what do you do if you already bought all it says and have no cash?

My first thing is How to declare war. So I have to attack people right off before buying troops?

What are you talking about how to declare war? We're not talking about the tutorials page.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

You need to buy the infra required to be able to be the improvements to complete the tutorial. You can't get a farm, resource imp, power plant, and barracks if you only buy 50 infra.

What are you talking about how to declare war? We're not talking about the tutorials page.

He means if you bought 50, then bought 50 more infra. You still have 100 infra, but the tutorial doesn't account for that. Or when the tutorial tells you to buy infra to get to 2/4 improvements. You can buy to the 200 mark (not 210 as tutorial has you do) and have 2/4 slots. But the tutorial doesn't recognize it.

The only way the tutorial recognizes it is if you do EXACTLY what it says on the screen it's on.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

• Administrators

He means if you bought 50, then bought 50 more infra. You still have 100 infra, but the tutorial doesn't account for that. Or when the tutorial tells you to buy infra to get to 2/4 improvements. You can buy to the 200 mark (not 210 as tutorial has you do) and have 2/4 slots. But the tutorial doesn't recognize it.

The only way the tutorial recognizes it is if you do EXACTLY what it says on the screen it's on.

Right, but it's not that hard to read and follow some basic instructions is it? Plenty of people have passed the tutorial just fine.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Right, but it's not that hard to read and follow some basic instructions is it? Plenty of people have passed the tutorial just fine.

Alot of people (like me) didn't notice the tutorial until it was too late then couldn't reset their nation or make a new account.  

Alot of people (like me) didn't notice the tutorial until it was too late then couldn't reset their nation or make a new account.  

How could you not notice it? 

The problem for most who blew this is that they didn't read everything there was to read before rushing forward to start building.  It was all there, it wasn't hidden, there wasn't any fine print, there were no tricks, the tutorial worked the way most do.  Earn $100k for completing, or proceed and not earn it.   

It was the notion that "I don't need a tutorial" that bit some experienced players in the !@#$. They saw "tutorial" and ignored it.  That's not Sheepy's fault.  Instead of just charging forward a little bit of time reading, what was some obviously new content, would have been warranted.  

Edited by Taureg
  • Upvote 1

Just look for the instructions on the city screen, and follow them exactly.

But it should be able to work without jumping through rigid hoops with no margin for error.

The cookie cutter is a bad shape and needs to be optimised to allow more shapes from the dough.

• Upvote 2

How could you not notice it? 

The problem for most who blew this is that they didn't read everything there was to read before rushing forward to start building.  It was all there, it wasn't hidden, there wasn't any fine print, there were no tricks, the tutorial worked the way most do.  Earn $100k for completing, or proceed and not earn it.   

It was the notion that "I don't need a tutorial" that bit some experienced players in the !@#$. They saw "tutorial" and ignored it.  That's not Sheepy's fault.  Instead of just charging forward a little bit of time reading, what was some obviously new content, would have been warranted.  

Even so, I think you should be able to reset your nation in case you messed up.  The idea that you can't reset your nation until after 3 days and that those who did the tutorial have a massive advantage over those who didn't seems somewhat unfair to me.  Atleast let us reset our nation if we screwed up.  There is literally zero margin of error with the tutorial (Spend too much, and you have to wait a whole week to complete it, spend too early, you might as well give up on it).  

Sheepy did nothing wrong though, it's just the internet mentality of skipping through everything and charging ahead.  

Edited by Nuke

• Administrators

Even so, I think you should be able to reset your nation in case you messed up.  The idea that you can't reset your nation until after 3 days and that those who did the tutorial have a massive advantage over those who didn't seems somewhat unfair to me.  Atleast let us reset our nation if we screwed up.  There is literally zero margin of error with the tutorial (Spend too much, and you have to wait a whole week to complete it, spend too early, you might as well give up on it).  

Sheepy did nothing wrong though, it's just the internet mentality of skipping through everything and charging ahead.  

1) The reason I'm not resetting anyone and everyone who botched the tutorial is because you could send all your money to someone else, have your nation reset, do the tutorial right, then get your money back for an unfair advantage, etc. That's why you can't delete your nation for 3 days because people will spam new nations, send themselves money, delete the nation, and repeat to cheat.

2) I'm working on making the tutorial easier to complete. I'm going to lock this thread, but if you get stuck on a step post a report and I will do my best to make the tutorial passable for that step even if you didn't follow the instructions entirely.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link