The Death Penalty

Karl Marx

Pol Pot: Leader of the Khmer Rouge which is responsible for 1.4-2.2 million deaths.

Death

Andres Behring Breivik: Killed 77 people, and injured 319

Death

Jeffrey Dahmer: Killed 17 people but was also convicted of child molestation

Death

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold: Killed 13 people and injured 21

Death

James Eagan Holmes: Killed 12 injured 70

Death

George Zimmerman: Killed 1

Hard labor in prison or death. Depends on my mood and the evidence.

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Pol Pot: Leader of the Khmer Rouge which is responsible for 1.4-2.2 million deaths.
Public Execution with a sharp stick
Andres Behring Breivik: Killed 77 people, and injured 319
Death by Snu Snu
Jeffrey Dahmer: Killed 17 people but was also convicted of child molestation
Death by Firing Squad
Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold: Killed 13 people and injured 21
Death by Stoning
James Eagan Holmes: Killed 12 injured 70
Public Execution
George Zimmerman: Killed 1
10-20 years prison (if it was even murder)

DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Too many posts to respond to in one reply. I firmly believe in the death penalty in certain cases. With today's technology, DNA and video, etc, those that commit murder in the first, serial child molesters and serial rapists should get the death penalty. In the case of the latter two, after their first offence....sure, jail time and rehabilitation...once they get out and commit the same crime again....death penalty. One of the biggest problems is the length of time someone sits on death row. The death row sentence needs to be revamped. I'd like to see something like....the criminal gets 5 or so years from the time of the original sentence to make as many appeals as they can, but on the final anniversary of the original sentence, regardless of the fact if they are currently in the middle of an appeal trial, the sentence would be carried out. The method....who cares. To those who say the methods we use are inhumane, is it humane for the murderer to filet the flesh off of their victims while they are still alive? I also believe a member of the victim's family should have first choice on the method of execution and implementation of the execution. If the family wishes to spare the murderers life....fine, that's their call. If they wish to have the death penalty to be issued, but can't do it themselves, then someone from the state would carry it out.

• Upvote 1

X4EfkAB.png

The method....who cares. To those who say the methods we use are inhumane, is it humane for the murderer to filet the flesh off of their victims while they are still alive? I also believe a member of the victim's family should have first choice on the method of execution and implementation of the execution. If the family wishes to spare the murderers life....fine, that's their call. If they wish to have the death penalty to be issued, but can't do it themselves, then someone from the state would carry it out.

An excerpt from our Bill of Rights:

Article the eighth... Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Your proposition is unconstitutional.

Edited by Karl Marx

"Your 'order' is built on sand. Tomorrow the revolution will already 'raise itself with a rattle' and announce with fanfare, to your terror: I was, I am, I will be!" - Rosa Luxemburg

An excerpt from our Bill of Rights:

Article the tenth... Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.[/size]

Your proposition is unconstitutional.

Ha, ha......you fell into my trap beautifully! Have you ever heard of an "Amendment"? I guess not! Edited by Coach

X4EfkAB.png

... I also believe a member of the victim's family should have first choice on the method of execution and implementation of the execution. If the family wishes to spare the murderers life....fine, that's their call. If they wish to have the death penalty to be issued, but can't do it themselves, then someone from the state would carry it out.

If a member of my family was murdered and I could choose the method of execution for the convicted murderer, it would be by lethal injection and I'd have it in a stadium.  There would be dozens of cameras but none of them would be directed at the murderer. Instead, they would be focused on the spectators whose actions and expressions would be broadcast to the world. Shortly after the "death", the murderer would open his eyes, rise, and announce to the audience that the injection was a placebo. Great television!

6hu5nt.jpg

If a member of my family was murdered and I could choose the method of execution for the convicted murderer, it would be by lethal injection and I'd have it in a stadium.  There would be dozens of cameras but none of them would be directed at the murderer. Instead, they would be focused on the spectators whose actions and expressions would be broadcast to the world. Shortly after the "death", the murderer would open his eyes, rise, and announce to the audience that the injection was a placebo. Great television!

You've got your priorities right!  :lol:

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Solomon, I would do something similar.

I would have all the cameras watching the crowd, and make the guy think that we weren't going to kill him. Then as soon as he stands up, and tries to walk off, I would announce that what we injected in him was nitroglycerin. Imagine the look on his face as he tries to figure out what to do without exploding!

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Ha, ha......you fell into my trap beautifully! Have you ever heard of an "Amendment"? I guess not!

Amendments cannot be ignored just because they are amendments. According to Article Five of the Constitution, ratified amendments are "valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution". Because the Eighth Amendment is, in fact, a part of the Constitution (shocker!), violating it would be unconstitutional. Your proposition creates the potential for cruel and unusual punishment. This means it violates the Eighth Amendment. This means it is unconstitutional, and will be until the Eighth Amendment is repealed (i.e. hopefully never).

"Your 'order' is built on sand. Tomorrow the revolution will already 'raise itself with a rattle' and announce with fanfare, to your terror: I was, I am, I will be!" - Rosa Luxemburg

Amendments cannot be ignored just because they are amendments. According to Article Five of the Constitution, ratified amendments are "valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution". Because the Eighth Amendment is, in fact, a part of the Constitution (shocker!), violating it would be unconstitutional. Your proposition creates the potential for cruel and unusual punishment. This means it violates the Eighth Amendment. This means it is unconstitutional, and will be until the Eighth Amendment is repealed (i.e. hopefully never).

Well, do you think a rapist cares about what is considered 'cruel'? Why should we care how he is treated if he is willing to rape and beat a weaker woman? (Not meant in a sexist way.)

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

Well, do you think a rapist cares about what is considered 'cruel'? Why should we care how he is treated if he is willing to rape and beat a weaker woman? (Not meant in a sexist way.)

Why do you automatically think all rapists are men who rape women?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Why do you automatically think all rapists are men who rape women?

Likely because what man would report being raped by a woman? The social stigma would be extreme and I wouldn't be surprised if the police themselves made fun of the person reporting it. Edited by Don Juan

Men are physically stronger than women (averages). So for a woman to rape a man is very uncommon. And those people that report it are shamed and made fun of.

YOU ARE A PIRATE!

...one in six adolescent boys, have been sexually or physically abused or forced to have sex against their will

http://listen.nycagainstrape.org/learn.html Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

At no point did I say whether or not I think a criminal deserves cruel and/or unusual punishment. I was merely stating that Coach's proposition (regardless of whether it's morally right or wrong) has the potential to violate people's rights as outlined in the Constitution.

That is statutory rape. I consider that different.

:rolleyes: 5% of rape reports are by men so *shrug*

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 1 month later...

Doesn't deter crime, costs tons of money and innocent people get executed, sad that we still have it in the 21st century

>debate section

>stating opinion without proof

Please try to debate. We haven't had enough executions to know if it does or doesn't.

It is cheaper than life in prison if they are executed in a timely manner.

It is cheaper than life in prison if they are executed in a timely manner.

The cost of the trial itself is what skyrockets the cost. Didn't I post like 20 links a page or two back?

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The cost of the trial itself is what skyrockets the cost. Didn't I post like 20 links a page or two back?

I posted a link earlier, too. The reason it goes up most of the time is because of those groups who say it is unconstitutional or groups who purely want to stop them from dying.

http://www.fed-soc.org/publications/detail/the-next-time-someone-says-the-death-penalty-costs-more-than-life-in-prison-show-them-this-article

No, the reason the cost goes up is because executing people is unconstitutional, and right-minded advocates are doing what they can to convince the courts of that fact.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q