Albion Online

Buorhann

So I'm looking for people who are interested in this game and haven't gotten into it yet.

If you're familiar with Ultima Online or Runescape, this game is very similar to both of those.

An introductory video.

Some important notes:

-It's in beta still

-Whatever package you buy, will be fully restored to you once the game goes Live

-There is a FINAL wipe in July before the game goes Live

Some important Q&A:

-When does the game go Live?  Supposedly July 17th.

-What package is best?  Whatever tailors to you.  There won't be a mandatory subscription apparently, but you do get a lot of perks for having Premium on your account.  Helps with Fame (XP) grinding.

-Why bother playing in Beta if there's a wipe?  So you can figure out how the game works and plan ahead on what lines to Fame Grind down on.

-How much is the game when it goes Live?  Supposedly it's $30.  I don't know if that comes with Premium time or not though once it's Live.  Right now there's a $29.99 package that gives you 1 month of Premium, which will be fully restored once the game goes Live for you.

-Are there levels?  Not necessarily.  There's "Tiers", but that's mostly to what gear/tools you can have access to.  Anything you do gains you Fame towards your Tier.  So even if you're mining Copper (Tier 2 resource, which is basically the starting resource), you're still gaining Fame to raise your Tier.

Tiers go up to 8.

-Are there classes?  Again, not necessarily.  It's all gear dependent.  Similar to Guild Wars (2), but without the class professions.  Whatever gear you wear gives you a choice of abilities to select from.

-Is there PvP?  Most definitely.

-Are there safe zones for those who don't want to PvP?  Yes.

If interested, I'd highly recommend using someone's referral code.  Depending on interest, I may create a guild for all of us to join in so we can go conquering the lands across Albion.

Any questions?  I'll gladly answer to the best of my knowledge.

My Referral Code:  https://albiononline.com/?ref=1ETBTVDUMR

IMPORTANT:  When using someone's referral link, such as mine right above, it will take you to the home page of the game.  Just create an account and confirm it through your email when it's sent for validation.  If you go Back or Refresh, it removes the referral.  You won't be able to tell if you got it right or not, just let the person know that you used their referral link so that they can check their Referral Statistics to see if it got in.

(Just a note:  You cannot attach referral links to pre-existing accounts.  So make sure you use someone's referral link before creating an account, to make full use of the bonus' and perks)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 2

Guest Karl VII

Already playing it lel. Even though not that much cus grinding is not that fun when you know that there is going to be a wipe.

But it is pretty good and worth a try guis.

It'll be $30 at release. I think the only difference is the month of premium and bonus gold attached to it if you buy it now (it gets fully restored at release).

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/50136-Price-on-release/

Just posting a guide for those to access it from Discord and whatnot.

----------------------

Remember, before making an account on their website, please use someone's referral link.  Mine is: https://albiononline.com/?ref=1ETBTVDUMR 

You cannot attach yourself as a referral to a pre-existing account, hence why it's best to click the link THEN make your account (Whether you buy a package or not).  So make full use of referrals.

Ok, now to the Guide

>What do I do?

First, go through the Tutorial area. I won't help you with this. You'll explore this area yourself, but it's very quick and easy.

Second, when you go to the next zone, you'll enter a newbie town called a Crossing. There's Forest Crossing, Mountain Crossing, etc. Go to the large chest in the middle and stash your gear or just destroy it (I'll explain later). You want to be naked, pretty much.

Third, some pictures to help.

Locate the Shipyard on the LOCAL map ("N" is the hotkey for the local map, "M" is the hotkey for the main map), as you see here in this picture.

DesknGF.jpg

Go talk to the Captain and switch to Mountain Crossing, if you're not there already.

dinpjsL.jpg

fY4xkRp.jpg

Remember when you got rid of your gear? Now it should be zero charge to get you to Mountain Crossing. Once there, you'll need to recreate your Beginner gear (You can go back into the Tutorial area for the Mountain area to speed this up, since there's nothing but "rough" resources to help recreate those items).

Fourth, after you recreated your Beginner Gear, start exploring the newbie town and become familiar with it. Keep in mind, each NPC has multiple tabs on the left for different things. Such as the Tool NPC also has tabs to create Bags, Capes, Housing materials, etc. The Repair NPC also has tabs for Salvaging and Upgrading.

Also, be familiar with the resource nodes and what they look like. Every resource is inside the newbie town, right by where you refine them. For example, in this picture below, you'll see Copper Nodes right by the Smelter.

All of the resources have a certain look to them and will continue to look EXACTLY like that in the outer zones. Don't get confused as every tree being a Birch Tree, for example. Normal looking trees will always be "rough". You'll need to find trees that stand out from the typical "green leaves/brown trunk" look.

Copper:

kTn17Sh.jpg

Birch Trees:

VDaYhg7.jpg

Cotton:

lEkCA2W.jpg

Foxes:

W5HGaIE.jpg

Stone: (Sidenote: Notice there's a difference between the ones I circled and the ones I didn't. The ones I didn't are Rough Stone, but the ones circled are Limestone)

QA7uRgK.jpg

These are all Tier 2 Resources. They'll be extremely valuable as the game goes on, as you need Tier 2 resources to refine up to Tier 3, Tier 3 to refine up to Tier 4, etc. It all starts with Tier 2, so collect these as much as possible.

Once you have yourself a set of Novice Gear and Tools, you're ready to venture out.

Fifth, pay attention to the zone you're in.

Map:

N3wXCDt.jpg

You'll see here on the map where you're at and what nearby zones are around you.

Let's click on the SW zone, Croes Gorge.

gpwljfW.jpg

Notice that Croes Gorge has this Blue Diamond right by it's name. This symbolizes it's a Safe Zone. Players cannot attack you. There are different colored zones throughout the wide world (There's 4 Continents so far, so the world is pretty huge). There's Blue, Yellow, Red, and Black. In that order.

Blue = Safe Zone

Yellow = Neutral Zone (Players can attack you, if they're listed as Hostile, but they cannot Execute you and they cannot take your gear. If you're attacked while listed as a Non-Hostile, you get a buff to fight off your attacker. If you get 'knocked out', you'll get back up after some time with a super shield buff and a major run speed to prevent people from camping your body)

Red = Hostile Zone (Players can attack you AND execute you. Mobs can also execute you. You will lose gear if you die in these zones, so be careful.

Black = Death Zone (Tough mobs and even tougher/braver players. You're automatically listed as Hostile and can be engaged freely.)

Keep in mind, with risk comes reward, whenever you earn Fame in higher threat areas or craft something in higher threat areas, you will earn a bonus to it or have materials returned to you.

Clicking on Croes Gorge, however, will show more information.

qdzMV8G.jpg

The Red arrow/circle shows what resources you can find in the area and what tier spread. The Purple circle shows you a cave/dungeon that you can explore, usually mobs are camped around these areas to protect it. The Green arrow shows you what can happen in this zone (Which this one obviously shows you cannot be attacked by other players).

More to be posted soon.

(Sidenote: Why Mountain Crossing? Lots of metal in the area, makes buying weapons cheaper unless you're going into Lumber. Plus, if you're with us, I can easily assist you in-game as you'll be closer to my location.)

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1

Reminder:  Use a referral link when making an account.  (Click the link, then make account - DO NOT REFRESH IT WIPES THE REFERRAL OFF)

So it's looking more and more like that we'd prefer to make our own alliance of autists.

As pseudo-leader of this guild, here's what I'm thinking.

Starting Zones:

Mountain Cross - Metal Ore, Fiber, Stone

Desert Cross - Metal Ore, Fiber, Leather

Highland Cross - Metal Ore, Lumber, Stone

Forest Cross - Leather, Lumber, Stone

Swamp Cross - Leather, Lumber, Fiber

All of these zones are good.  Forest is between Ice and Desert.  Ice is between Forest and Swamp.  We should discuss on a area that would best work with us.  Initially I was consider Ice, but Desert and Highland are also pretty damn good starting points too.

The main concerns for early development is Lumber, Metal, and Fiber.  Stone is only important for base building.

Tax Rate: 2% to 5%.

Taxes will strictly be used in upgrading buildings and helping new players to be sufficiently geared up.  The game does allow people to donate money into the bank, which may be asked when and if necessary, otherwise everybody that can sustain themselves will be asked to do so (Such as making sure you have plenty of gear sets set in the bank just in case you get looted).

While grinding up on farming silver, mobs early on don't drop a lot of silver where the tax is noticeable - however, high end mobs can drop lots of silver (As we've seen with some mobs dropping up to 1k silver a pop).  I'm not a huge fan of taxes killing that from the player, as that kills any incentive for the player to work the market themselves on their own time.

The taxes can be adjusted according to emergency needs, but I'd like to keep it within the 2% to 5% area as I believe that will be enough to sustain regular maintenance costs of city plots and buildings - while also leaving enough to supply a new player with a mount and some gear once they reach Tier 3/4 area.

Gathering:  Everybody will be required to Gather resources.  You can focus on one resource, or you can work them all.  Doesn't matter to me.  Preferably I'd suggest focusing on two resources that you can get in a zone.  Depending on our starting zone and our neighboring areas, that should help you decide on what to focus on here.  Unless you're going to be a crafter.

Crafting:  I'd like it if people could craft, but it can be painstaking higher up in tiers.  If you're going to craft, focus on one area.  Such as Staves, Cloth Armor, Plate Armor, Tools, etc.  Don't spread yourself out too much because getting Tier 8 in a craft is a pain in the ass.

Group Builds:  There's 5man and 20man builds.  I'm looking at a 35% Support, 20% Tank, rest in DPS setup - roughly.

2 Healer, 1 Tank, 2 DPS setup for 5man.

7-8 Healer, 4 Tank, 8-9 DPS setup for 20man.

Specifically for the 5man, a definite need in Nature and Holy healer setup for the support.  The Nature Regen compliments the burst healing of Holy.

Right now, this is what we have going on in Beta:

Buorhann - Tank (Hammer weapon)

Pillow - Tank (Mace weapon)

Zaharis (Redarmy from PnW) - Tank (Hammer weapon)

Rickky (Rickky from PnW) - DPS (Claws/Dagger weapon)

TUGT - DPS (Fire Staff weapon)

Tenshibo - DPS (Bow weapon)

Hekter - Healer (Holy weapon)

LadyWillow (my lady) - Healer (Nature weapon)

There's also 4 others that I've yet to get a role from that they were interested in.

IMPORTANT:  When using someone's referral link, such as mine right above, it will take you to the home page of the game.  Just create an account and confirm it through your email when it's sent for validation.  If you go Back or Refresh, it removes the referral.  You won't be able to tell if you got it right or not, just let the person know that you used their referral link so that they can check their Referral Statistics to see if it got in.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this.

The game goes Live on July 17th.  If you were on the fence on joining, I'd highly suggest buying into it now.  It's $30, no mandatory subscription.  Just a one time buy and you're in.

If you buy early, you get "more bang for your buck".

I believe if you buy now, you'll get a gold bonus (2000 gold for $30 package buyers) and 1 month premium, but if you buy after the game goes Live, you don't get a gold bonus - you just get 1 month premium and the game, that's it.

If you do buy into this game, please use someone's referral when creating an account (Mine is at the top, in the OP).

Also, we're looking for individuals who like to PvP, so that we can conquer territory from the zergy Russians and Brazilians.  Those who like to gather/craft resources and equipment are also highly desired too.

• 2 weeks later...

Beta ends July 9th.

If you purchase a package now, you're awarded 10% more gold of that package.

Gold is supposedly removed from the packages after the game goes Live on the 17th.

Edited by Buorhann