A Rebellion in Meonesia

Ekejen Luish

We are happy to see the peacekeeping forces. In any conflict, the innocent are the biggest victims. We have no intention with interfering in humanitarian efforts and will assist them in any way possible. In fact, depending on the situation, we may be willing to even limit out own tactical options just to appease them.

You're going to cut ties with your brothers and sisters in Christ over a little operation that means absolutely nothing to Cherigovian interests? That's fine. You never helped us with anything anyways.

Following Chernigov's separations of ties, The Evenstar is officially closing our embassy in Chernigov and cancelling our ''general ally'' treaty with them.

(OOC: We eventually just stopped posting and messaging and I just assumed that it didn't matter. If you want to talk it over, PM me.)

You're damn right it'll help the war; we'll put the rebel dogs down for good! I'd also like to reiterate that we will heavily review our actions to ensure that we do not interfere with the peacekeeping/humanitarian forces.

I do wish there could have been another way. I am open to reopening them at a later point

The Australian government thanks Evenstar for plans "The Australian Peacekeeping Force would like to understand the full scope the operation, so we do not accidental walk onto military bases and warn that any attack on Peacekeepers will result in a military response should the peacekeeping Nations choose too.

OOC: Isn't this Meonesia's third or fourth revolution.... Well at least is better than the last one,

Hungadada will not take sides in this conflict, however in the interests of civilians and other non-combatants it will help the Finnish Red Cross in their mission. 

His Royal Highness Emperor Tristar Majestica

Emperor of the Imperial Republic of Hungadada

Rebel dogs? you call the people who are battling for their rights dogs? i understand you are concerned for your meonesian relations but the people a right to freedom. the fact you are another empire helping crush the rebels will make it worse. in my experience more force never works it will only force more people to fight. i highly doubt you plan on killing them all. opression will never win. the war might be won but at what cost? their own people? perhaps stand down and allow the war to play out. help with aiding the people. and try again for relations with whicheve meonesia comes out on top.

The Caledonian Empire--In Space

Rebel dogs? you call the people who are battling for their rights dogs? i understand you are concerned for your meonesian relations but the people a right to freedom. the fact you are another empire helping crush the rebels will make it worse. in my experience more force never works it will only force more people to fight. i highly doubt you plan on killing them all. opression will never win. the war might be won but at what cost? their own people? perhaps stand down and allow the war to play out. help with aiding the people. and try again for relations with whicheve meonesia comes out on top.

Are you aware of the history of Meonesia? They're only been an independent country for about six or seven years now (Orbis time). Yet, they have been through a large number of wars, civil wars, and revolutions. The constant cycle of nonsense within the country needs to stop. Letting these warlords rise up and overthrow the country every other year is a terrible thing to let happen. Let me also inform you that Meonesia had a pro-aristocracy revolution last time- the people fighting for 'their rights' now fought against 'their rights' last time.

i highly doubt you plan on killing them all.

Fiat iustitia, et pereat mundus

Killing them all is a perfectly acceptable option. After all, it would set quite the precedent and leave a lasting impression on all those who'd try to commit treason. The Kingdom of The Evenstar holds order to be the highest virtue.

new_forum_sig_2.png

The United States in an effort of peace will be cancelling our 10,000 US Troops. Though since the Evenstar is openly supporting a corrupt and genocidal regime, we as the United States can not stand idlely by. 

The United States is rerouting our entire 4th Fleet which is currently stationed about 1000 Miles off the coast of the US. We will be there to make sure no nation can intervene in the Civil War. We will be donating over 10 Million(US Dollars) to whoever wins the war. We can not let the Monarchy last, we must have Democracy, in whatever form it comes in. If the rebellion wins, they have our word that a treaty will be signed immediately and a US Army regiment will be stationed in Meonesia to ensure peace. 

Recap, the 10,000 Troops are being recalled immediately while the entire 4th Fleet be redirected to be stationed outside of Meonesia.

Sincerely,

The Red and Blue soldiers of Project Freelancer 

The United States in an effort of peace will be cancelling our 10,000 US Troops. Though since the Evenstar is openly supporting a corrupt and genocidal regime, we as the United States can not stand idlely by. 

The United States is rerouting our entire 4th Fleet which is currently stationed about 1000 Miles off the coast of the US. We will be there to make sure no nation can intervene in the Civil War. We will be donating over 10 Million(US Dollars) to whoever wins the war. We can not let the Monarchy last, we must have Democracy, in whatever form it comes in. If the rebellion wins, they have our word that a treaty will be signed immediately and a US Army regiment will be stationed in Meonesia to ensure peace. 

Recap, the 10,000 Troops are being recalled immediately while the entire 4th Fleet be redirected to be stationed outside of Meonesia.

That does absolutely nothing. All forces that will invade Meonesia to support the government are already in Evenstar-Meonesia. The fleet really can't do anything:

I3qNb0c.png

EDIT: The map is outdated. Meonesia controls everything except for Evenstar-Meonesia. However, unless you placed the 4th fleet really close to the shores (in range of all our artillery), you can't stop our transports.

Edited by Thalmor

new_forum_sig_2.png

That does absolutely nothing. All forces that will invade Meonesia to support the government are already in Evenstar-Meonesia. The fleet really can't do anything:

Ahhhhhh I didn't realize that, but at least if the war starts going in your guy's favor then I got a lot of ships to rain fire down on key government buildings and such etc.

Should we cancel the cancelling and good forward with sending the 10,000 Troops

Sincerely,

Ahhhhhh I didn't realize that, but at least if the war starts going in your guy's favor then I got a lot of ships to rain fire down on key government buildings and such etc.

Should we cancel the cancelling and good forward with sending the 10,000 Troops

That's okay, we can come to blows. I'm inching for another fight.

new_forum_sig_2.png

That's okay, we can come to blows. I'm inching for another fight.

The United States, in the name of Freedom, accepts that Challenge!

Sincerely,

You barely holding your own now as your main army is still surrounded. Not to mention the USA is protected by UDAC and I can guarantee you won't be able to hold off should we need forced to intervene as well many of us are members of SEACO. I strongly urge you to reconsider war.

The Caledonian Empire--In Space

Most members in UDAC are not Democratic which makes me wonder why UDAC would ultimately help us especially when we are pushing this battle due to Democracy. I mean either way it's fine but I'm curious. 

The United States Joint-Chiefs of Staff and the President will be discussing further action that should be taken to ensure a Democratic Victory!

Sincerely,

Finnish Peacekeeping Coalition (FPC) update: 

The Finnish government and the Finnish Red Cross have accepted offers of help from Russia, Australia and the UDAC.

Russia: Peacekeeping mission under FPC

UDAC: Funding and Equipment

Australia: Peacekeeping mission under FPC

We would also like to thank nations like The Evenstar that have agreed to recognize to not shoot on FPC troops, who are all carrying the flag of the Finnish Red Cross, United Nations, the Finnish flag and the flag of the UDAC, Australia or Russia depending on their nationality. However, despite this, a few accidents have still occured.

Opposing force: Meonesians

FPC force nationality: Finnish

Finnish soldiers were evacuating citizens from a village that was planned for an attack by the Meonesian government and a possible bombing in the dark of night. Suddenly, several shots rang out from a small group of about 12 Meonesian soldiers who likely mistook them for Rebels, despite the illuminated Red Cross symbol next to the Finnish flag on the armoured cars used for transport and on troops clothing. FPC injuries number 2, Meonesian deaths and or injuries number around 7.

Opposing force: Rebels

FPC force nationality: Australian

Australian forces were attempting to negotiate the release of a Meonesian mayor who had been tortured by angry rebels for enjoyment. However, either rebel civilians or rebel soldiers began hitting the Australians with fists and metal batons. The Australians had to use physical force and some warning shots to leave unharmed. No FPC injuries number 1, a broken knee. Rebel injuries likely number around 5.

We have plans to administer over 50,000 hours of medical work and 200,000 meals to Meonesian citizens in the next month alone, and this number will increase next month thanks to UDAC funding.

That concludes today's FPC / Finnish Red Cross update.

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

-snip-

The United States also has given it's word to minimize any causalities that may come around from the US Intervening in the Civil War, as a token of our gratitude for your excellent work, the US would like to donate 20 Million(US Dollars) to the Finnish Red Cross.

Sincerely,

The Finnish Red Cross and the Finnish Peacekeeping Coalition thanks the United States. Our banks are overflowing and we have decided to monitor illegal torture closer, along with civilian misconduct. The FPC has also volunteered to act as the de facto police at the time, as police are busy attempting to hold major Meonesian installations. We will prevent sexual assaults, looting, homicides, etc, but will not attempt to stop trespassing and assaults as they are on the fence, after all this is a war.

Some disturbing events have come out concerning torture and the general situation:

-Meonesian official hanged on the corner of a Red Cross tent - ridiculously disturbing.

-Civilian reports of a mass execution of Meonesian government officials in a major city.

-Reports of civilians kicked out of houses for rebel bases, and thousands homeless. They are currently living in Red Cross tent cities and being fed good food, water, receive materials and also have spaces to play games and entertain themselves.

But there has been light in the darkness as well. Hundreds have been nursed back to health from the brink of death on entirely preventable medical situations like diarrhea and blood poisoning. Thousands have recieved stitches and had ankles or knees or arms put in casts. And funny enough, there was a report of a family who was actually happy to have their house destroyed and come to the Red Cross camp. Apparently, the living conditions within the village were worse than inside the camp, and their house was covered by a out of country insurance company anyways.

Red Cross Update #2 finished.

OZFC3Z0.jpg

-snip-

OOC: These events in your report were not agreed to by me... but this is fine. Next time, ask me first please.

-snip-

Or this one. But it's also fine. But again, no more without by agreement.

This is very small

UPDATE:

Meonesian and Rebel forces clashed for eight days on either side of the River Dutchvaatsen. Neither side could cross the 200 yard thick river without being shot or swept away by the current. Eventually, Meonesian government coordination led to airstrikes on the rebel side of the river and Meonesian royalist forces being able to cross to the other side with river rafts. After three more hours, royalist forces were able to secure both sides of the River Dutchvaasten and now have access to Veswesten. Major encampents have been set up.

This is very small

Eric, on 01 Sept 2016 - 7:12 PM, said:snapback.png

-snip-

OOC: These events in your report were not agreed to by me... but this is fine. Next time, ask me first please.

Eric, on 01 Sept 2016 - 7:28 PM, said:snapback.png

-snip-

Or this one. But it's also fine. But again, no more without by agreement.

---

The Finnish Red Cross and the Finnish Peacekeeping Coalition understands the concerns of the Meonesians and hereby apologizes to the Meonesians. 

The FPC and FRC understand that Meonesia would like to have greater sovereignty over their lands and control over their affairs. Therefore, the Finnish divisions of the FPC and FRC will hereby from henceforth be reducing their operational zones by 30% (the capital city et environs, Dutchvaasten area, Veswesten et environs) and will also be withdrawing troops from positions as "de facto police" and will serve only as (1) rescuers and investigators into human rights abuses (2) medics (3) supply distributors. In addition, the Finnish divisions of the FPC and FRC will no longer post detailed reports on the progression of the work on Meonesia in compliance with the Government's wishes, but only broad, brief reports.

We will continue to use internationally provided money and funds wisely and will continue to give the same amount of service, just within a less sensitive and populated zone. Don't worry - each food parcel we have available will still go into the mouths of hungry civilians, each shot of medicine to save a life, and each man-hour we have towards keeping the country safe and prosperous when the war is over. Anything you give will be used. It will never be enough. :P To sum it up, basically we will be doing the same amount in a smaller area, so more for a concentrated area. This was a very difficult decision to make and we hope that it is the right one.

At this point in time, we will still work alongside the Aussies and Russians and UDAC and continue sending international funds to them as they have chosen to join under the banner of the FRC. You may leave at any time if these changes mean the end of our partnership. It is up to the Australians, Russians and UDAC to pull their troops or keep them there if they so wish. We cannot make that decision. We thank you for working alongside our troops. This has been a excellent training experience, and an excellent humanitarian mission, and it shall continue, with some necessary accommodations.

We may try to do good in the world, but obstacles, whether safety-related, financial, or bureaucratic, do exist, and sometimes, we must adapt with it - and both the FRC and FPC are proud to do so.

Thank you again, and for my last post here for a while.

OOC: Sorry bout that. :P
Edited by Eric

OZFC3Z0.jpg

5x7dhjp.png

This is a reminder to all forces in the Meonesian Region. 

UDAC is on a peacekeeping mission. Backing Finland and working to secure their resources and personnel as well as other nation's personnel and resources. UDAC will use force where it is deemed necessary. It is our mission to continually secure land and property affected by this Meonesian conflict and push to stabilize the surrounding region left destroyed by the conflict. 

UDAC consists of 9 nations total spread across the world of Orbis. We are able to operate our military and coordinate land, sea, and air breaches with immense timing. We advise all parties on the edge of war to remove yourself from Meonesia and allow Meonesia to pick themselves up from this conflict. Evenstar, this message is for you. Your previous statements have brought up numerous concerns regarding UDAC and our area of operations - as we are currently discussing our next step, we advise disarming your military and backing out of the region. Your presence and your actions seem to only be drawing tensions.

That is all.

- UDAC Spokesman, Max -

Evenstar, this message is for you. Your previous statements have brought up numerous concerns regarding UDAC and our area of operations - as we are currently discussing our next step, we advise disarming your military and backing out of the region. Your presence and your actions seem to only be drawing tensions.

I've expressed nothing but support for the UDAC's humanitarian operation in Meonesia. I would like to know what these ''numerous concerns'' are. 

new_forum_sig_2.png

I've expressed nothing but support for the UDAC's humanitarian operation in Meonesia. I would like to know what these ''numerous concerns'' are. 

Take a look at your public statements. 

Yes, you have expressed support for UDAC - however - in effort to bring peace and ease the tensions of the region we are concerned over your other statements. 

1. Your swift move to cut off Chernigov ties and cancellation of the general ally treaty. 
  2. Advocating for war against the rebel meonesians 
  3. Your seemingly eager way of stepping in on a country at their worst time. 
  4. "Fiat iustitia, et pereat mundus"   <-- the meaning alone brings concerns to UDAC. Although commonly used throughout International Relations, simply meaning that for justice to prevail the total annihilation of a civilization or group of people is necessary to keep that justice. 
  5. Your eagerness to fight or cause an international war. 

As you can see, there are numerous reasons/statements as to why your actions are raising the concern of UDAC. Like stated in my previous post, UDAC is currently discussing the conflict in the region - however - it should be known that we cannot allow a genocide of people, it is against our mission statement. 

At this time, I am putting in a public order to start the mobilization of military to the region from our respective 9 nation coalition. This will act as a safeguard for our personnel and resources on the ground as well as others operating in a peacekeeping capacity.

The Australian Peacekeeping Force is currently working on a cease-fire plan which most of the rebellion seemed like a good idea. 

The Australian Peacekeeping Force can confirm some violence between Meonesian Rebels and Australian Peacekeepers, 12 Peacekeepers were slightly injured, 2 were arrested and we are willing to hand them over to Meonesian Authorities. 

We also have reports that both Government and Rebellion forces are committing atrocities unconfirmed report, we also have reports foreign fighters are gathering in Meonesia.

The Australian Peacekeeping Force urges Meonesia to allow the Peacekeeping Force, if they are forced out. The World will never truly grasp what is going on, unless Meonesia has something to hide to the International Community. 

The Australian Government will oblige with the verdict set by the Meonesian Government, should they ask us to leave, minimize our activity etc...

• Upvote 1

Australian Peacekeeping Forces are withdrawing to their main base in Southern Meonesia, the Red Cross is experiencing mass refugees, and the Finnish and Australian Medical Personnel are running low on their supplies. 

We have been working on helping the displaced people and urge the international community to send aid, and offer a home to the Refugees, 

The Australian Government is already taking in 3,000 as of right now.