Selective racism

SoS

There's pervasive racism in the general discussion/debate subforms, which goes completely unchecked. When I created a satyr of that racism, applied to a different race, I was warned for racism. Can we please clarify which races are to be protected and which are fair game? I would hate to advocate nazi-like policies for any races other than the select race (s) the moderators deem acceptable targets.

• Upvote 5

I like how Four closes threads; doesn't even explains why just links to the rules.

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

I'm not trying to hate on any particular mod. But, the rules are so open to mod discretion that you need a complete psych profile of the mods to discern how they will apply the rules. And, they do not at all allow for sarcasm or satyr, which is ofc the highest form of political commentary.

Know that I'm not in the slightest degree a racist. Sometimes you can't convey through contradiction. Sometimes you have to convey through applying a standard (applied to one group) to a group that applying that standard to is unthinkable. How is it acceptable to (constantly) suggest doing the exact same things I suggested, but to a different race?

Perhaps you're just moronic and you tried equating two incompatible things resulting in two possible outcomes for the mods to think, your dumb or your hateful. I'll be honest they might have being heavy handed, should have just went with you being dumb. 

Are you gay, female or non-white?

On an ending note perhaps now you will appreciate how you need facts to make posts like that, we got the facts. You had no facts and ultimately it was your downfall both as a troll here and as a leftist in your natural habitat. 

Edited by Lightning
  • Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

Ahem no, they're too close together to waste time doing that.

So are goat-men.

>thinks I must be gay, female, minority to care about human justice. I even volunteer as a minotaur for underprivileged minority children.

What I was doing was obviously a satyr to anyone that's followed the other topics.

Edited by SoS
  • Upvote 1

So are goat-men.

>thinks I must be gay, female, minority to care about human justice. I even volunteer as a minotaur for underprivileged minority children.

What I was doing was obviously a satyr to anyone that's followed the other topics.

You posted in a forum that is for discussion.

Discussion topics must meet a standard of etiquette, which you did not provide. In addition your post was blatantly racist. Should you have been talking about any other race, it would still be racist - whether or not you say it was satire or not. Check out these rules:

Flaming, Baiting, Trolling, Racism, and Name Calling
  • Flaming - posts targeted at a player in an effort to anger, hurt, insult, harass, or provoke.
  • Baiting – coercing a player into breaking the rules.
  • Trolling - deliberately provocative posting with the aim of inciting an angry response.
  • Name Calling - abusive or insulting language referring to a person or group. *Prohibited everywhere except role play forums, and only in role play forums where it is being used within reason with no intent to flame, bait, troll, insult, or hurt.
  • Racism - having or showing the belief that a particular race is superior to another.

Nazism, Terrorism, and Other Hate Groups

It is against the rules to promote hateful ideologies such as Nazism, Terrorism, Racism, and others not listed here. We will allow references to, historical discussions of, and satirical usage that does not violate other forum rules.

Even though you believe and say it was satire - It might not be satire to someone else. If you wanted to create a discussion on the subject matter, you need to provide facts to actually discuss. You presented what seemed to be an opinion in a discussion forum. Not acceptable. 

Should you need further clarification of the rules and why you received a warn, shoot me a message.

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

I'd prefer to discuss it publicly, if you don't mind.

There's no posted rule stating discussion topics must contain facts or sources. Although, my topic did contain the well known fact that there was an incident of terrorism.

If anyhing, I should have definitely been warned for multiple other reasons. But, I was warned for racism. That rubs me the wrong way, because exactly what I said has been said repeatedly towards another race. And, I feel it's important to show how inappropriate it is to suggest such actions against any race.

I'd prefer to discuss it publicly, if you don't mind.

There's no posted rule stating discussion topics must contain facts or sources. Although, my topic did contain the well known fact that there was an incident of terrorism.

If anyhing, I should have definitely been warned for multiple other reasons. But, I was warned for racism. That rubs me the wrong way, because exactly what I said has been said repeatedly towards another race. And, I feel it's important to show how inappropriate it is to suggest such actions against any race.

I don't mind - hence the reason I am responding in kind.

When posting in the discussion forum it is assumed that you are providing an actual substantial base for discussion. Maybe in your mind you presented your topic in a correct manner - but the fact is you didn't. All you say is "black terror" and then go on and list a course of action we should take to basically rid ourselves of the terror. There is no substance in which to create a discussion.

If you believe that moderation missed a post that had racism in it, point it out - we will address it. I can say that most topics that discuss race or specific groups are monitored to ensure they stay positive with a constructive basis of discussion. Those that go over the edge are warned and stopped, for the most part. In addition, people that do discuss race or specific groups approach the OP will no or little bias providing facts and ideals from both sides of the line. 

Posting to just draw attention to what you think is going wrong and then complaining that you were warned is a bad idea. Should you have wanted to address it, you could have just made a post here or contacted mod team or admin directly.

Bottom line is, you made a post that was in violation of the rules of the community and specific sub-forum. Your topic was locked, you were given a warn.

The moderation team in general needs to be more "flat"  and consistent in applying rules. As it stands with the current application of the rules by the team it appears haphazard, unprofessional and at times immature; leading to many of these situations where the validity and reasoning behind moderation actions.

VyuMj7s.png

The moderation team in general needs to be more "flat"  and consistent in applying rules. As it stands with the current application of the rules by the team it appears haphazard, unprofessional and at times immature; leading to many of these situations where the validity and reasoning behind moderation actions.

If you could please point out where Moderation has been haphazard, unprofessional, and immature - just so we can visually see the problem and correct it for the community, that would be great. Thanks italiarule.

• Upvote 1

I like how Four closes threads; doesn't even explains why just links to the rules.

Being someone who has received warns in the past (and still currently has one). when you receive a warn, you are given an explanation why. I'd assume those that broke rules in the thread being discussed received a warn and an explanation. I know thats not written in the public closing post moderators are posting, but yeah. 

Plus I mean. Rules are up there, its better than just closing with no response.

Edited by Mad Max
  • Upvote 1

I don't mind - hence the reason I am responding in kind.

When posting in the discussion forum it is assumed that you are providing an actual substantial base for discussion. Maybe in your mind you presented your topic in a correct manner - but the fact is you didn't. All you say is "black terror" and then go on and list a course of action we should take to basically rid ourselves of the terror. There is no substance in which to create a discussion.

If you believe that moderation missed a post that had racism in it, point it out - we will address it. I can say that most topics that discuss race or specific groups are monitored to ensure they stay positive with a constructive basis of discussion. Those that go over the edge are warned and stopped, for the most part. In addition, people that do discuss race or specific groups approach the OP will no or little bias providing facts and ideals from both sides of the line.

Posting to just draw attention to what you think is going wrong and then complaining that you were warned is a bad idea. Should you have wanted to address it, you could have just made a post here or contacted mod team or admin directly.

Bottom line is, you made a post that was in violation of the rules of the community and specific sub-forum. Your topic was locked, you were given a warn.

No, in my mind I made a post that would only be understood in the context of many other threads in the social hub. And, I doubt that anyone that frequents these threads didn't get my meaning.

I'm not so sure you're right this was a bad idea. This seems to be the only place an honest, level conversation is possible.

I acknowledge I deserved a warn, just not for racism.

No, in my mind I made a post that would only be understood in the context of many other threads in the social hub. And, I doubt that anyone that frequents these threads didn't get my meaning.

I'm not so sure you're right this was a bad idea. This seems to be the only place an honest, level conversation is possible.

I acknowledge I deserved a warn, just not for racism.

Well, clearly we can go back and forth on this for the rest of our lives. Bottom line is no matter what you think you were trying to convey in your post it came out as blatantly racist. You had no substance to actually support anything you were saying to form any sort of proper discussion. It doesn't matter if you were posting to make a point of...anything.

It was racist. Period.

If you want to believe it wasn't, so be it. Your post reflects it as racism and so does your warn report.

In the future if you wish to "make a point" I'd advise, like I said before, reporting an issue, talking to moderation or Alex, or posting the issue publicly in the moderation forum to be discussed.

All I see here is someone who wrongfully posted in a subforum, got a warn, and is upset by it.

Shit I got so carried away last post I forgot to correct you, what you seen wasn't racism as it wasn't about any specific race and it wasn't saying any race was superior or inferior to another. You're using the word racism incorrectly as well.  

Edited by Lightning

IpHGyGc.png

Can we also deal with Lord Flof Flof's blatant racism itt? You can observe that he/she/they/them posted a melanin deficient satyr.

Clearly she/they/them/he is displaying racism against melanin enhanced satyrs. I recommend a warn to deter this behavior in the future.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

Well, clearly we can go back and forth on this for the rest of our lives. Bottom line is no matter what you think you were trying to convey in your post it came out as blatantly racist. You had no substance to actually support anything you were saying to form any sort of proper discussion. It doesn't matter if you were posting to make a point of...anything.

It was racist. Period.

If you want to believe it wasn't, so be it. Your post reflects it as racism and so does your warn report.

In the future if you wish to "make a point" I'd advise, like I said before, reporting an issue, talking to moderation or Alex, or posting the issue publicly in the moderation forum to be discussed.

All I see here is someone who wrongfully posted in a subforum, got a warn, and is upset by it.

I'm really not upset by this. I'm more upset sarcasm and satire aren't welcome here. But, I'll adjust my interactions accordingly.

Shit I got so carried away last post I forgot to correct you, what you seen wasn't racism as it wasn't about any specific race and it wasn't saying any race was superior or inferior to another. You're using the word racism incorrectly as well.

Are you talking to me or Four?

Are you talking to me or Four?

You.

I'm really not upset by this. I'm more upset cuckoldly isn't welcome here. But, I'll adjust my interactions accordingly.
Sure you will.
Edited by Lightning

IpHGyGc.png

The Muslims being attacked on these boards are generally Semites. Overwhelmingly, muslims are non-white. I only attacked culture in my post, as everyone else does here. Had I spoken in code (or spread some bs to beat around the bush) and attacked the culture, without mentioning which race I was referring to I suppose it would be fine. Let assume for a moment that attacks were exclusively directed at the religion without any racial/ethnic connotations. Still, slurs superiority/inferiority directed towards a religion is against the rules in the same paragraph as slurs against races/ethnicities.

What's going on here and in the larger world is the increasing (and increasingly socially acceptable) vilification of a group. That's never ended well for the vilified group.

Sure I will. Next time I'll refer to racial stereotypes that denote race, thereby not naming the race. Don't name the race, everything's cool.

Perhaps you're just moronic and you tried equating two incompatible things resulting in two possible outcomes for the mods to think, your dumb or your hateful. I'll be honest they might have being heavy handed, should have just went with you being dumb. 

Are you gay, female or non-white?

On an ending note perhaps now you will appreciate how you need facts to make posts like that, we got the facts. You had no facts and ultimately it was your downfall both as a troll here and as a leftist in your natural habitat. 

I always love your posts, they're so uplifting and nice.

d0r0WcS.gif

The Muslims being attacked on these boards are generally Semites. Overwhelmingly, muslims are non-white. I only attacked culture in my post, as everyone else does here. Had I spoken in code (or spread some bs to beat around the bush) and attacked the culture, without mentioning which race I was referring to I suppose it would be fine. Let assume for a moment that attacks were exclusively directed at the religion without any racial/ethnic connotations. Still, slurs superiority/inferiority directed towards a religion is against the rules in the same paragraph as slurs against races/ethnicities.

What's going on here and in the larger world is the increasing (and increasingly socially acceptable) vilification of a group. That's never ended well for the vilified group.

Sure I will. Next time I'll refer to racial stereotypes that denote race, thereby not naming the race. Don't name the race, everything's cool.

The Muslims being attacked on these posts have dumb logic and deserve any ridicule as do you and the warning you received for thinking you were smart. 

Well this is another thing you failed on, you compared being black to an ideology, it counted all blacks regardless of their "culture" which isn't the same for people from the Middle East locations who are vastly different. 

You were beating around the bush and it was extremely dumb, anything more would have being even dumber. 

Slurs? I guess facts could be considered slurs but if that is the case we may as well call it a safe space. 

Its not socially acceptable, they're a pretty messed up group. You don't see people going around vilifying the Japanese, cause and effect my friend. 

You say that never ends well but its like you're oblivious the fact the "vilified" group is the one causing the problems, this isn't an innocent group like the ones from history you're probably going to try and allure to. 

IpHGyGc.png

• Administrators

I personally thoroughly enjoy satire and sarcasm. However, in the context of an internet forum where text is the primary medium of communication, it can be difficult for the reader to understand what is intended to be satire and what is intended to be taken literally. For this reason, we must be stricter in regards to satirical content that could be construed as racist, or otherwise breaks the rules.

We do not tolerate racism or prejudice against any group. If you believe that a particular group or race is being targeted in a thread or post and is going unwarned for, please click the "Report" button at the bottom left of the post. It's possible the post has not been seen by a moderator, and that no one else has bothered to report it.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link