P&F: Politics and Farmville

Insert Name Here

Pixel hugger-friendly or not?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. If you had your own alliance, would you let deserters in?

• Yes.
    • No.

Yes and no, i've gone to war with meatshields, and they'r usually alot more trubble than worth.

the constant crying on the forums, the desertion, the not attacking the targets theyr asigned and so forth.

15 good, active players are worth 100 meatshield/Tax Cows.

Oh I will not argue that with you.  I am just saying that they have some utility.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Honestly? If I ran my own alliance and someone deserted in a war then applied to mine, I'd probably just ZI them for wasting my and/or my ministers !@#$ing time. Hell, I'd probably keep a list of everyone participating in an ongoing war and just dow deserters from the sidelines regardless of any politics whatsoever.

Deserters should be driven from the game, they serve no purpose and are worse than a million neutrals. At least some Neutrals will stand and fight, no deserter ever will.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Honestly? If I ran my own alliance and someone deserted in a war then applied to mine, I'd probably just ZI them for wasting my and/or my ministers !@#$ time. Hell, I'd probably keep a list of everyone participating in an ongoing war and just dow deserters from the sidelines regardless of any politics whatsoever.

That seems like a terrible waste of resources on something I doubt would actually be worth the cost. Plus, you'd waste even more time by attacking him or her for wasting your time in the first place, which is pretty counterproductive. Personally, I'd probably just kick them out and feed them to Arrgh or something, I'm sure they could use the pixels.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

That seems like a terrible waste of resources on something I doubt would actually be worth the cost. Plus, you'd waste even more time by attacking him or her for wasting your time in the first place, which is pretty counterproductive. Personally, I'd probably just kick them out and feed them to Arrgh or something, I'm sure they could use the pixels.

"waste of resourses"

You don't know me very well, do you?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Do you expect me to? Our interactions have been limited.

Has anyone ever told you that you're extremely !@#$in' boring?

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Nah, but I can see why you'd think that.

You should change, change is good, change is healthy

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

You should change, change is good, change is healthy

Just because you think that I'm boring and because I understand why you would think so doesn't mean it's actually true. Change indeed is good but there's no point in forcing it when it's not necessary, it will happen when it happens.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Just because you think that I'm boring and because I understand why you would think so doesn't mean it's actually true. Change indeed is good but there's no point in forcing it when it's not necessary, it will happen when it happens.

Be the change I want to see in you. It's good for the soul :^)

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Yes, but if you are a commonly know deserter, no. If you deserted your alliance during wartime, you are not welcome. If you have a valid reason for leaving during pressured times, then yes you may join. It depends on the circumstances really...

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Be the change I want to see in you. It's good for the soul :^)

Since i want to be civil here, i'll just say this

Stop existing.

Anyways, i'd have to say that a weak member (speaking mental capabilities, as someone who leaves their alliance during a war isn't the smartest person in the world) is worse than no member.

Icwalk.gif

underlordgc, weren't you in UPN before? During Oktoberfest?

Ha was, and like me he found he was too elite to be Anywhere but TEst ;)

Oh I will not argue that with you. I am just saying that they have some utility.

Haha you are just more ofa glass half full kinda guy than me, i guess ;)

Edited by Ole

Ole2.png

"Meat shields" do mean something though. They take up an offensive war slot or 3. Then you expend some of your daily rebuy smashing them down.

Meat shields are also a backdoor to the alliance banks. It's very possible for attackers to end a war richer than they started if they were hitting meatshields who do nothing but launch nukes.

Meat shields are also a backdoor to the alliance banks. It's very possible for attackers to end a war richer than they started if they were hitting meatshields who do nothing but launch nukes.

Are you speaking of any alliance in particular =)

It is the will of Dio to grind such into dust though.

-signature removed for rules violation-

A lot of alliances do this in fact. It looks like standard procedure to load up meatshield tax farms with a huge nuke and missile stockpile, so that they don't need to be trained or dragged into IRC. It's double bad when you tell the meatshield nations to keep huge warchests.

Edited by Rin

Since i want to be civil here, i'll just say this

Stop existing.

TIL "civil" means "I'm a little baby that's scared of the big bad mods and don't want to get a warn point."

How about instead of being "civil" you grow some !@#$ balls and just tell me to kill myself. Seriously, we all know what your trying to say but you're clearly to childish and scared to do it like a little girl. You're not fooling anyone, you're just making yourself out to be a retarded !@#$. How about you grow some !@#$ balls then get back to me.

Edited by underlordgc

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

underlordgc, weren't you in UPN before? During Oktoberfest?

Ha was, and like me he found he was too elite to be Anywhere but TEst ;)

Don't speak for me, you don't know me, you don't know my life!

But yes, I joined UPN right after a bit of fun messing with GPA and ended up fighting in GW3 before I'd even finished rebuilding. I left again a couple days after GW4 doe.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

TIL "civil" means "I'm a little baby that's scared of the big bad mods and don't want to get a warn point."

How about instead of being "civil" you grow some !@#$ balls and just tell me to kill myself. Seriously, we all know what your trying to say but you're clearly to childish and scared to do it like a little girl. You're not fooling anyone, you're just making yourself out to be a retarded !@#$. How about you grow some !@#$ balls then get back to me.

'

"H

Go kill yourself." :P

mods, thats a joke. Please chill your balls.

Edited by greatkitteh

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-