[RP] World Map

Stormrideron

Alrighty, fellow RPers! I am going to introduce a RP World Map with rigid rules where everyone will have strength that have actual means instead of using magic, fiction or unrealistic forces or known as "Godmodding" as an easy victory out of 90% wars. I present you a showcase, using this map.

J9UEx8Y.png

As you have seen, I have added new icons to the map - there are four different types of icons. Now onto the rule set. I have laid out the grounds, see if everyone agrees with this or wants to make a few changes. We need to have players to agree and to have an enjoyable roleplay game.

Table of Contents
1... Starting up your country and Funds
2.... Military Force
3.... Economic
4.... Nuclear Weapons
5... Conquering and War

1 - Starting up your country and Funds

When you are starting up your country, it is important to keep yourself limited at the beginning due to limited starting funds. You can't have that large land because that would leave you with sparse amount of fund to protect your land from attacks. To accomplish this, you must strike a balance between economic and military.

All players starts with $10,000,000 and 15 free country pieces - as long as it fits with your wanted country. When selecting countries, you can't spread too far. As noted above in the map, I have 14 selected country pieces (4 from Greenland, 1 from Iceland and 9 from Denmark). It fits my nation role as Svalbard Empire. The reason for the starting limit of 15 country pieces is to give all the players a chance to claim the land in the map.

2 - Military Force

Each country pieces are worth 100,000 population, so if you control 15 country pieces, you will have a population of 1,5000,000. This is to make it easier for everyone to calculate their military and recruit troops.

Soldiers: Can be recruited from population up to 1/10th of your total population.
Nuclear Silo: Very expensive, cost $100M to build one and only can hold one nuclear missile at a time per silo.
Drydock: Cost $2M to build one and can hold up to 5 ships per drydock.
Airforce Base: Cost $1M to build one and can hold up to 36 Jets per airforce base.
Tank Factory: Cost $500K to build one and can hold up to 250 Tanks per factory.

These number represents the strength of your military prowess. When you go to war against someone else, use these tool called battle simulators to calculate and post the result. And the war begins from there.

3 - Economics

Each country pieces generates $100,000 and can be used to purchase more bases to help maintain your strength and to conquer more land. Other players can conduct trades with you such as them giving you their vehicles, units in exchange for money. Purchased vehicles will add toward to your military strength and can operate above the military limit. You will generate income once per day.

4 - Nuclear Weapons

In an event where a player acquires a nuclear base and arms themselves with nuclear missile. The nuclear missile itself is capable of wiping off the bases, leaving it into ruins. The bases that are hit by nuclear will be crossed off in red - rendering it useless until someone replaces it by purchasing bases to rebuild it. Nuclear Weapons are especially effective against country pieces that are crowded with bases. Use it to maximize damage.

5 - Conquering and War

Whenever you want to expand and acquire land. You can do it by acquiring land through seizing it with your military at the cost of losing 20% military strength for neutral land. All players can only seize up to 3 neutral land per day.

Against players function differently. If their military has been crushed or has no military, you may seize their land without incurring any military loss. All players can only seize up to 3 players land per day - in total you can seize 6 land per day with neutral and player combined.

If anyone is interested in giving this a shot, let me know and choose your country pieces so I can add you to it. Edited by Stormrideron

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

NO! Look how small the regions are in Europe! Find a better map because this is not happening :P

I tried to find a map that is big enough for us to put icons on top of it and with landmass big enough to keep it to limit. This map is the best one I can find. :(

Uhm, this is confusing. Do you want us to post an image of our nation's land?

Yes, keep it to a limit of 15 country pieces / land. If you want to join, you have $10,000,00 and you can use it to purchase factory, bases and put it wherever you like on your land.

Edited by Stormrideron

After my classes, I'll plot out the rest of my pieces. :)

EDIT: What about the cartographer from nationstates? He has some huge experience, and some ideas too. You could work together. You both seem reasonable.

Edited by Chappie

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

The map is unplayable.

Take a look at Europe.

(Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort you went to, and even like the idea.)

Edited by Moreau III

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

The map is unplayable.

Take a look at Europe.

(Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort you went to, and even like the idea.)

Europe is small because it is so developed. There is much dispute so many players can fit in. It's completely playable.

• Upvote 3

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

Europe is small because it is so developed. There is much dispute so many players can fit in. It's completely playable.

So Europe has an advantage over other regions of the world? Well then everyone's going to want to play there and it's too freak-en small to see.

I want the pieces to be like the ones in Russia. VISIBLE!

Edited by Moreau III

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

So Europe has an advantage over other regions of the world? Well then everyone's going to want to play there and it's too freak-en small to see.

I want the pieces to be like the ones in Russia. VISIBLE!

But then there is no room on the table. One region has equivalent power to the others. That is why the others are so bit. They are not developed.

We have a lot of nations and fitting them all where they want to be is a very hard ordeal.

Sorry, but i'm going to stick to the current RP.

New Rules have banned: Witches, space fleets, other planets, and super advanced tech.

The former territories of those playing this RP will be divided up between those not doing so.

Edited by Moreau III

Signed by Sultan Moreau

UqIjjeQ.jpg

Sorry, but i'm going to stick to the current RP.

New Rules have banned: Witches, space fleets, other planets, and super advanced tech.

The former territories of those playing this RP will be divided up between those not doing so.

Why? It is to keep this RP standard and fair. People ragequit because of other player's witches blah blah or space fleet blah blah or Allah's blessing blah blah. You don't have to join this RP if you want to because all you care is about landgrabbing.

This game was create equality in mind. Of course Europe is much densier than Russia. The whole Russia have 150 million people in real life. Europe have 742.5 million people and it does creates diplomatic tension as these players are much likely to be at war than isolated players.

Edited by Stormrideron

I wanted to do this, I really did. Then I realized Narvan would be less than half the size I've RP'd with since the beginning. Also, this RP map, while perfect for the violent types, isn't good for the peaceful types. While yes, I could of course expand to the size I'd want Narvan, if I don't keep on expanding, I won't make as much money as other nations. If I grow to the full-size of Narvan, which lets just say is 35 pieces, I'd want to stop; thats my Nation and how I envision it. I don't want to be continuously expanding, but since income is directly and 100% connected to country pieces, then id HAVE to continue to expand or face an complete eclipse. That is something that goes completely against how I've role-played this entire time. Hell, I just made a nicely worded blog post (in my opinion) which was essentially against Imperialism.

So I hope y'all have a nice time using this map, but sadly Narvan won't be participating. 

• Upvote 2

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

I guess I'm to old to figure this out....but how do I go about selecting my regions/areas.  I can enlarge the map, but how do I choose what I want and what color?

EDIT: I guess I should have read the last line in the OP!

Edited by Sailor Jerry

X4EfkAB.png

Is all of Hawaii considered as 1 area? 

EDIT: Ok, I'll take all of California (7),  all of Nevada (3), all of Arizona (3) and the Baja Peninsula (2) 

Edited by Sailor Jerry

X4EfkAB.png

Is all of Hawaii considered as 1 area? 

EDIT: Ok, I'll take all of California (7),  all of Nevada (3), all of Arizona (3) and the Baja Peninsula (2) 

Yes Hawaii is considered as 1 area. You can place Tank Factory, Air Base and Drydocks anywhere you want on your claimed land. Just be sure it doesn't go over your starting funds all players starts with $10,000,000.

Edit: seems like you have selected 15 country pieces. :)

I can enlarge the map, but how do I choose what I want and what color?

You can pick any color you want as long as it doesn't looks similar with other nation's color.

Edited by Stormrideron

I wanted to do this, I really did. Then I realized Narvan would be less than half the size I've RP'd with since the beginning. Also, this RP map, while perfect for the violent types, isn't good for the peaceful types. While yes, I could of course expand to the size I'd want Narvan, if I don't keep on expanding, I won't make as much money as other nations. If I grow to the full-size of Narvan, which lets just say is 35 pieces, I'd want to stop; thats my Nation and how I envision it. I don't want to be continuously expanding, but since income is directly and 100% connected to country pieces, then id HAVE to continue to expand or face an complete eclipse. That is something that goes completely against how I've role-played this entire time. Hell, I just made a nicely worded blog post (in my opinion) which was essentially against Imperialism.

So I hope y'all have a nice time using this map, but sadly Narvan won't be participating. 

That's why the treaties serves a purpose - to form an alliance and to protect players. This game will be way funnier with small nations requesting for protectorate status. If they attack you, you can expect your treaties with someone who offers you protection to help you fend them off.

Edited by Stormrideron

I'd like to go with Orange please.  As for my military, I'd like 2 Drydocks ($4M, one in the San Fran region with the other at the southern end of Baja.  Next, I'd like 4 Airbases ($4M) and 4 Tank Factories ($2M).  I'd like to place one airbase and factory in each of the following places: northeast California, southwest Nevada, southern Arizona and northern Baja.

X4EfkAB.png

I'll make the following claim

LZburl6.jpg

I've used 15 pieces I think (correct me on the official map if i'm wrong) and I spent 7 million on military improvements.

Also add an airport on my east russian colony. :P 

Then I'll be at 8 mil spent.

I have very little interest in the current model of this roleplay, I'm afraid. 

As much as it's got a clear set of rules and guidelines, it's too war-focused for me.

(And, honestly, it's straying quite far away from my concept of roleplaying a country. This, to me, atleast, feels like it'd become a game within a game, which is just something I'm not personally interested in.)

So, well, I suppose I'll continue to wait until someone comes up with something that I can commit to.

But I wish those who do end up following this one the best of luck!

• Upvote 2