Regarding the Removal of Signatures

As someone who has what I believe to be the longest Sig on the forums. Am I in violation? If so, please don't remove it. I will edit it myself if told it is in violation.

I believe the limit is 5 lines, so probably, yeah. :P Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

As someone who has what I believe to be the longest Sig on the forums. Am I in violation? If so, please don't remove it. I will edit it myself if told it is in violation.

Which is probably what the other offending members would have wanted. And confirmation that Pre has photos of Sheepy and the mods dancing to Jessica Black. #puppetmasterindeed

More likely that the mods have been spot-checking new posts, rather than going through profiles. Most of the complaintants have been active posters.

Edited by Mike Haggar

Which is probably what the other offending members would have wanted. And confirmation that Pre has photos of Sheepy and the mods dancing to Jessica Black. #puppetmasterindeed

More likely that the mods have been spot-checking new posts, rather than going through profiles. Most of the complaintants have been active posters.

If we were to look for every single violation there is within the forum rules/guidelines, we wouldn't be able to actively work through reports submitted by the everyday users in this community. That being said, the bulk of us Mods are proactive about finding things, reporting them, and figuring out the correct "punishment" in terms of the rule break. 

Personally, unless a sig looks wildly too large - I scroll past and read content in posts. Obviously, we have been receiving a bunch of sig reports - and frankly I have been sending messages to those who are violating, telling them why they have received the message, what they can do to fix their sig, and I include the standard sig reqs. I know sometimes sig creation is tough and its a part of your character life/aesthetics...so I would prefer the user fix it rather than me screw up their work. 

Life is a learning process - lets just work to be more cohesive. :)

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

I can still see Pre's rule-breaking sig, and given that a mod has already posted on the thread, I find it intriguing that we haven't seen any action. This is what we are talking about when we say there is inconsistent application of forum rules.

• Upvote 4
77oKn5K.png

I have a follow-up question:

LmVC9tX.png

As you can see, my new sig fits into 5 lines, however it is likely do to the size of my screen and resolution at which I operate. The only part of my sig I removed (except for 1 line of spacing) was, "The rest of those before us can not steady the unrest of those to follow" Which I could still fit, but wouldn't look as nice cus I can't add another line for spacing. Thus we get to my question. On my PC this sig is 5 lines, 4 text 1 image. On my Phone this sig is several lines long, and probably on some smaller monitors as well. Is this sig still legal as it's legal on my screen, the forum let me change it, and there is no character limit? 

I can still see Pre's rule-breaking sig, and given that a mod has already posted on the thread, I find it intriguing that we haven't seen any action. This is what we are talking about when we say there is inconsistent application of forum rules.

To be fair, he did say he stopped once he realized his mistake and no further removals have taken place. I did have correspondence with the moderator Four in regards to my signature in private. 

scSqPGJ.gif

I have a follow-up question:

As you can see, my new sig fits into 5 lines, however it is likely do to the size of my screen and resolution at which I operate. The only part of my sig I removed (except for 1 line of spacing) was, "The rest of those before us can not steady the unrest of those to follow" Which I could still fit, but wouldn't look as nice cus I can't add another line for spacing. Thus we get to my question. On my PC this sig is 5 lines, 4 text 1 image. On my Phone this sig is several lines long, and probably on some smaller monitors as well. Is this sig still legal as it's legal on my screen, the forum let me change it, and there is no character limit? 

So - I see what you mean - on my work computer which is quite bigger than my 13" macbook pro - your sig looks fine - obviously here at home it looks like you're taking up 6 lines. 

However, If I got to your profile and just look at the "code source" I can just count the 5 lines that way, each line is centered and it shows that way on the code. 

As far as the character limit - that is up to sheeps.

It was a pleasure serving this community - Stay Frosty!

Forum Rules ☆ Game Rules ☆ Terms of Service ☆ PW Wiki ☆ IRC

To be fair, he did say he stopped once he realized his mistake and no further removals have taken place. I did have correspondence with the moderator Four in regards to my signature in private. 

This is the way non-flagrant violations should be handled. Glad to see from the mods. Hopefully, this will continue in the future to create a better community, rather than having mods reflexively remove, triggering a fight. It's also important that people understand that a verbal warn is a request, rather than a punishment. Also, fighting forum rules will not overturn them unless you have a legitimate reason for it.

giphy.gif

Edited by Mike Haggar

If this got any more anal retentive people would need pills

I've not yet begun to anal. 

So - I see what you mean - on my work computer which is quite bigger than my 13" macbook pro - your sig looks fine - obviously here at home it looks like you're taking up 6 lines. 

However, If I got to your profile and just look at the "code source" I can just count the 5 lines that way, each line is centered and it shows that way on the code. 

As far as the character limit - that is up to sheeps.

I don't believe their should be a character limit, honestly. I was just making the point that since there is only a line limit I could use small fonts and add lots of characters.

scSqPGJ.gif

Personally, unless a sig looks wildly too large - I scroll past and read content in posts. Obviously, we have been receiving a bunch of sig reports - and frankly I have been sending messages to those who are violating, telling them why they have received the message, what they can do to fix their sig, and I include the standard sig reqs. I know sometimes sig creation is tough and its a part of your character life/aesthetics...so I would prefer the user fix it rather than me screw up their work. 

I could care less if I get a verbal warning or a point, and don't mind the signature rule. I just really would have appreciated this type of approach(above quote) to my signature. It's not hard to show a bit of civility to your fellow player, or always have to be a cut and dried decision when moderating. This goes a little both ways for the mods and the players.

• Upvote 1

LordRahl2, on 10 Jul 2015 - 5:53 PM, said: "Imagine it. Lets say that Sheepy had an idea that was at lest questionable. As a way out there idea lets say he thought about adding T-Rexs to the game in some way." "As you know this is hypothetical since Sheepy has never considered adding T-Rexs to the game."

• Signatures – one image per signature which may not exceed the maximum size of 650 pixels wide by 175 pixels tall. You may have no more than 5 lines of text. Font size may not exceed size 14. Each quote-tag, image and empty line count as a line.

Whenever I read your posts, I can hear it in my head in the voice of Chris Hemsworth.

• Upvote 1