isreal vs isis?

Captain_Vietnam

But the execution of Abdrahmaan Kasig was not good.

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Not by choice, no. Israel does more than literally any other country to avoid civillian deaths.

Then why do they launch missiles? Wouldn't it be more moral to send soldiers in to deal with unrest? Edited by Habibullah Sewick

Then why do they launch missiles? Wouldn't it be more moral to send soldiers in to deal with unrest?

There is no evidence that utilizing ground forces causes fewer civilian casualties compared to precision air strikes.  The research suggests ground forces may cause more in fact.  Compared to less than precision strikes you may have a point.

It could also be asked why Palestine launches missiles at Israeli citizens if the predictable result is an Israeli counter offensive that results in additional civilian casualties.

Trying to unwind both jus ad bellum and jus in bello in regards to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is likely an exercise in futility.

• Upvote 3

-signature removed for rules violation-

Then why do they launch missiles? Wouldn't it be more moral to send soldiers in to deal with unrest?

There are no soldiers in Gaza, you can't just send soldiers unless you send the whole millitary to occupy Gaza(again) after withdrawing, or an operation with literally hundreds of thousands of participants from the Israeli side. This is the result of Israel leaving the occupied Gaza in an attempt to advance peace procedures. These didn't help, as Gaza just turned into a terrorist hotspot and thousands of rockets launched into Israel.

Mind you, before we even had the first war in Gaza, thousands of rockets were already fired throughout the years with no response from Israel. 

There is no evidence that utilizing ground forces causes fewer civilian casualties compared to precision air strikes.  The research suggests ground forces may cause more in fact.  Compared to less than precision strikes you may have a point.

It could also be asked why Palestine launches missiles at Israeli citizens if the predictable result is an Israeli counter offensive that results in additional civilian casualties.

Trying to unwind both jus ad bellum and jus in bello in regards to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is likely an exercise in futility.

I would argue involving ground troops raises the civillian casualty rate as it snowballs the conflict into a war.
Edited by ischelle

There is no evidence that utilizing ground forces causes fewer civilian casualties compared to precision air strikes. The research suggests ground forces may cause more in fact. Compared to less than precision strikes you may have a point.

Trying to unwind both jus ad bellum and jus in bello in regards to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is likely an exercise in futility.

I can agree with this. I will not say either are moral. A two state solution would be something that could be handled, but I would say Israel should lose some, but not a lot of land. It is stupid to fight now and it is too late.

The Jordanian pilot killed by ISIS was Sunni.

The pilot was bombing them and killing their fighters. Wouldn't you do the same

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

I can agree with this. I will not say either are moral. A two state solution would be something that could be handled, but I would say Israel should lose some, but not a lot of land. It is stupid to fight now and it is too late.

Israel has already agreed to a two-state solution. Even the right-wing has agreed to a two-state solution, it's the other side that doesn't want to negotiate. In 2000, in the Camp David summit, Israel agreed to put almonst everything on the table and the Arab response was a civillian-wide revolt that resulted in over a thousand Israeli citizens dead called the second Intifada.

Israel has already agreed to a two-state solution. Even the right-wing has agreed to a two-state solution, it's the other side that doesn't want to negotiate. In 2000, in the Camp David summit, Israel agreed to put almonst everything on the table and the Arab response was a civillian-wide revolt that resulted in over a thousand Israeli citizens dead called the second Intifada.

Is this guy dumb or what.

Israel does not and will never recognise Palestine.

A thousand Israeli civilians?! More like 40 IDF murderes.

In the stabbing someone in Israel you only hear about the Israeli dead how about the other 200 or so Arabs murdered by Israelis since August 2015

• Upvote 1

Did you click my link?  I patiently await your reply.

I can't really be bothered my eyes already hurt just say it.

Is this guy dumb or what.

Israel does not and will never recognise Palestine.

A thousand Israeli civilians?! More like 40 IDF murderes.

In the stabbing someone in Israel you only hear about the Israeli dead how about the other 200 or so Arabs murdered by Israelis since August 2015

Israel has proposed the 2-state solution as the best solution since the 2000s, with all governments afterwards agreeing, except Netanyahu which said it was dangerous. But he backed from his position and agreed to a Palestinian state as long as Israeli security needs are met and Palestinians recognize Israel.

The pilot was bombing them and killing their fighters. Wouldn't you do the same

LOL, I'm sorry; what?

So, you're going to burn a guy alive for bombing military targets, even though he was taken prisoner?

Woah, so much for the Geneva convention.

Israel has proposed the 2-state solution as the best solution since the 2000s, with all governments afterwards agreeing, except Netanyahu which said it was dangerous. But he backed from his position and agreed to a Palestinian state as long as Israeli security needs are met and Palestinians recognize Israel.

Palestine recognised Israel in 1998 at the Oslo Accords. Israel should retreat to the 1967 border. If not the Gulf States should move their forces into the West Bank. Of course US and UK would say they were killing people but didn't UK do the same in 1956 suez crais

• Upvote 1

LOL, I'm sorry; what?

So, you're going to burn a guy alive for bombing military targets, even though he was taken prisoner?

Woah, so much for the Geneva convention.

Trump doesn't believe in it either.

• Upvote 2

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1