Bible and assorted bullshit

Caecus

Levictus 18:22

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."

Levictus 20:13

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Sodom and Gomorrah I wont even quote, but I will say that the historical context of these stories is quite clear. What does the word sodomy mean and where does it come from? Are you trying to say that these cities were literally punished for no reason when the reasons are obviously explained?

The traditional interpretation of Naomi, Ruth, David and Jonathan is a relationship of philia.

Romans 1:26-27

"26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

I could continue quoting, but I wont. It's pointless. If the interpretations you gave are correct then why is this such a common theme in the bible that is not clarified in the ways which you've listed? For example, you say that references to homosexuality in Levictus are actually referencing pagans rather than the act of homosexuality. If this is true, then why is the verse condemning homosexuality, rather than the pagans?

Sure, we can speculate and say "well X is actually referring to Y, even though it clearly appears to be X and makes no mention of Y" but that's pretty damn far fetched if you ask me.

There you go...

Enjoy.

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

You can make a decent argument that Christianity doesn't or shouldn't ban homosexuality. The death of Jesus removes the 'curse' of the old testament, making Leviticus irrelevant. As for Sodom, it has very little to do with homosexuality tbh. It wasn't given as the reason God destroyed the town.

There you go...

Enjoy.

What is this thread about? Is it about:

The Bible and its ethics

Whether or not the Bible is an effiecent source for morals.

Whether or not the Bible's stance on homosexuality should be law.

Tiocfaidh ár lá

=Censored by Politics and War Moderation team=

s6McZGm.jpg?1

You can make a decent argument that Christianity doesn't or shouldn't ban homosexuality. The death of Jesus removes the 'curse' of the old testament, making Leviticus irrelevant.

Where is the evidence for this statement? If you actually read what was originally written in the New Testament nothing changed, but the punishment for not following the "Law" was lifted for the Gentiles, i.e. no circumcision for those who choose to follow the law but not born of it. The Mitzvot still applies to Christians, just not the punishments for not practicing the requirements of being a Child of Israel.

You can make a decent argument that Christianity doesn't or shouldn't ban homosexuality. The death of Jesus removes the 'curse' of the old testament, making Leviticus irrelevant. As for Sodom, it has very little to do with homosexuality tbh. It wasn't given as the reason God destroyed the town.

That's debatable. Many Christians like to argue that the old covenant does not apply to Christians, however many Christians argue the opposite considering that Jesus himself stated that the old covenant and laws laid down by previous prophets do indeed still apply.

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

That's debatable. Many Christians like to argue that the old covenant does not apply to Christians, however many Christians argue the opposite considering that Jesus himself stated that the old covenant and laws laid down by previous prophets do indeed still apply.

The laws regarding purity were nullified.

Now, the laws regarding conduct are still pretty much in use. You're still not suppose to murder, steal, commit adultery, worship other gods, etc.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

The bible is not the word of god. Whilst I accept that Christians base their lives on it, ie the biblical laws. But it contains such a large number of numerical and scientific inaccuracies. It cannot. Be true.

I saw a video on YouTube which uncovers an old bible from 300ad which says that Jesus is not God and it prohibits Christians from saying or thinking so.

Christianity is a sect of Judaism which had outgrown its source

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

The bible is not the word of god. Whilst I accept that Christians base their lives on it, ie the biblical laws. But it contains such a large number of numerical and scientific inaccuracies. It cannot. Be true.

I saw a video on YouTube which uncovers an old bible from 300ad which says that Jesus is not God and it prohibits Christians from saying or thinking so.

http://www.studytoanswer.net/islam/funnymath.html

islam cant even do math bible has no error in science. but koran have math problems???!

Edited by captain_vietnam

The bible is not the word of god. Whilst I accept that Christians base their lives on it, ie the biblical laws. But it contains such a large number of numerical and scientific inaccuracies[1]. It cannot. Be true.

I saw a video on YouTube which uncovers an old bible from 300ad which says that Jesus is not God[2] and it prohibits Christians from saying or thinking so.

[1]

8d2c53af16e2d5db43843a2abd6801cd.jpg

[2]7bdfba0250428e85d9764367b09bbb7428124514

Trinity and stuff, who cares. If you want to know how it works, ask VK. Allah and Mohammed are the same person too, and if that's not true they both might hit me with lightning bolts or explosives, or whatever you guys use ;)

[1]

8d2c53af16e2d5db43843a2abd6801cd.jpg

[2]7bdfba0250428e85d9764367b09bbb7428124514

Trinity and stuff, who cares. If you want to know how it works, ask VK. Allah and Mohammed are the same person too, and if that's not true they both might hit me with lightning bolts or explosives, or whatever you guys use ;)

when islamic think earth flat is hard to take them seriously!

Begin flame war round 1

The Quran turned out to have a unique signature:

The count of chapters (Suras) in the Quran is a multiple of 19.

The sum of chapters' numbers in the Quran is a multiple of 19.

The sum of all digits mentioned in the Quran is a multiple of 19.

The count of the word "Allah" in all the Quran is a multiple of 19.

The sum of all verse numbers (Ayat numbers) in which the word "Allah" appears is a multiple of 19.

Some chapters start with letters that have no meaning at all. When we add the number of occurrences of those letters in their chapters we always get a multiple of 19... So if anyone changed a single word containing those letters in the Quran the signature would have been broken.

God says that He assigned 19 angels to guard Hell, and He made their count "19" so that believers shall increase their faith.

(In the Christian Bible Jesus insists that the only sign we should verify is him being in the grave for three days and three nights (Matthew 12:38-40). So we are checking: He was crucified on Friday afternoon, the day before the Sabbath (Mark 15:42) and then he was resurrected on Sunday morning (Mark 16:9). Between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning there is 36 hours. Can anyone fit within those 36 hours three days and three nights?

Captain Vietnam. Surrender before I destroy you in a flame war

• Upvote 1

Caliph of The Caliphate of Arabia. Caliph of the Islamic State of Arabia. Principle of The Principality of Chechnya. Grand Emir of The Emirate of The Caucus. Emperor of the Empire of Persia. Sultan of The Sultanates of Turkey and The Crimea. Czar of the Tsardom of The Balkans. Archon of The Archonate of Greece. Supreme Consul of The Consulate of Italy. Shah of The Shahdom Of Khorason

Zakir Nike never said that.

• Upvote 1

The laws regarding purity were nullified.

Now, the laws regarding conduct are still pretty much in use. You're still not suppose to murder, steal, commit adultery, worship other gods, etc.

According to some.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I saw a youtube video that all people were created by fish aliens from space who built Atlantis and that science and all of history are completely made up.....

Unfortunately it's just a youtube video and a cartoon at that. It's like assuming that Harry Potter is real because it's in a video.

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

when islamic think earth flat is hard to take them seriously!

So if the Bible claims that the Earth is a circle, then this is still bogus because the earth is obviously not a flat surface. We have two conditions here: 1- Isaiah 40:22 is claiming that the Earth is a flat circle. 2- Isaiah 40:22 is claiming that the Earth has a circle above it

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

pr_source.175x175-75.png

So if the Bible claims that the Earth is a circle, then this is still bogus because the earth is obviously not a flat surface. We have two conditions here: 1- Isaiah 40:22 is claiming that the Earth is a flat circle. 2- Isaiah 40:22 is claiming that the Earth has a circle above it

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

This doesn't exactly imply a flat earth. The flat earth theory is something that isn't really tied to Christianity. In fact, Christians have pretty much always accepted the Earth is a sphere. The flat earth theory is much better applied to other religions like ancient paganism.

Edited by Fox Fire
  • Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

The bible says some disturbing things. It makes the Quran look like a children's storybook

Consider the Book of 1 Samuel, when God instructs King Saul to attack the Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them," God says through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."

The bible says some disturbing things. It makes the Quran look like a children's storybook

No it really doesn't. A comparison of violence between the Quran and Bible ends up with a pretty much equal amount of violence. The Quran contains less violent verses but is also smaller than the bible and a larger percentage of the Quran as a whole is more violent than the bible. 

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/bible_quran.html

But trying to say which book or religion as a whole is more violent is entirely a matter of opinion. For example, what acts would be considered more violent than others? What acts are considered more immoral than others? It completely depends on the opinion of the observer. 

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

No offense, but Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and most other modern religions are complete bull!@#$ created to control people.

Edited by Saruman
  • Upvote 6

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸