Anime Corner

Hmm, you should watch SCHOOL-LIVE! it is a great twist on the moe genre.

Whats it about?

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

is boku no pico good?

I'll admit that it was genre breaking.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Whats it about?

Telling you would ruin the the first episodes major twist. I recommend watching the entire first episode and see if you like it.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

is boku no pico good?

Yup, very family friendly

IYT09l4.png

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Telling you would ruin the the first episodes major twist. I recommend watching the entire first episode and see if you like it.

Yep, I made the error of looking it up and the twist definately didn't have the impact it would of had if i'd been ignorant of it.

6 episodes in myself, not sure if I'll continue it though, even with the content that the twist brings it is still at its heart moe garbage (sorry to anyone who likes moe), that cutesy stuff gets on my nerves when its too heavyhanded, its like eating pure sugar.

Edited by Jaime Lannister

There are no men like me, there is only me

As expected from Kyubey to suggest such a thing.

Oh its THAT anime

IYT09l4.png

Not really, but it does have a surprising twist to it.

Giant black ball that kills people?

IYT09l4.png

Code Geass is a masterpiece.

I really have to finish this show then.

Anyone know of any way to watch it dubbed for free? 

I know a lot of people prefer subbed, but I can't stand watching an entire series in language I don't know. Not only can relate to characters better in dub, but I'm also not distracted from the art (the whole reason I like anime) by constantly reading.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I know a lot of people prefer subbed, but I can't stand watching an entire series in language I don't know. Not only can relate to characters better in dub, but I'm also not distracted from the art (the whole reason I like anime) by constantly reading.

http://animehaven.org/dubbed/code-geass-r1-episode-1

Is this what you're looking for, perhaps? Haven't actually seen the series, that's just a site that tends to have high quality, free anime sreaming.\o/

• Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

Don't get me wrong, Code Geass was good... but the end left a sour taste in my mouth. lolol

To each their own.

I absolutely loved the ending.

I didn't like anime at all really before I watched Code Geass. I prefer dubbed over subbed, I feel the same way about dub.

Also the link Kurdanak gave is a good one. (that's if you have a good internet connection :P)

Edited by Quasar

"what cannot be settled by experiment is not worth debating"

What do you all think of the following anime? I'll give my take:

Deathnote:

Some say it's over rated, but I think it was glorious. I love psychological twists and anime that portrays very human like characters, rather than the usual hero with perfect attributes. Watching Light slowly go from a teenager with positive moral intentions to a egotistical psychopath always keeps you wanting more. The overall plot/story is A+ with a tragic ending that left me mixed with emotion. 

The one major thing I dislike about Deathnote was the character "N". N comes in after Light kills "L" and is basically an even more childish copy of L. The build up and final climax in the conflict between Light and L is great. It's quite a twist and sad moment when L is killed, but I feel like they could have chosen a much better character to replace him than what is literally just a rip off of one of the shows best characters. 

Overall, I give Deathnote a 10/10, even though N is a loser, it's still a great show.

Blood: The Last Vampire/Blood +

These are two different shows. Blood: The Last Vampire is the prequel movie to the series Blood +. 

Blood: TLV is fairly confusing, but makes a whole lot more sense after watching Blood+. I've watched it twice, in both instances, it seemed extremely short and very vaguely described. The first time I watched it, I really didn't get what was going on, other than some girl with a sword was killing some monsters. The combat scenes were epic, the gore is not held back and the character design is great. Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to understand what's going on throughout the movie. 

Blood + is an anime I was quite excited to watch, as I'd already seen Blood: TLV. What I found myself watching however was entirely different than Blood: TLV. Not only was the artist different, but the whole main character, Saya, was a whole different person. Instead of being a cold hearted, emotionless killer, she is now a soft and loving person. It takes some time before this is explained and it takes the entire first season for Saya to come back to her old self and for the story to really kick off after a slow, emotional build build up which eventually ends with some epic battles and an emotional ending. 

Overall, I give the Blood series a 8/10. It would be better if the series and movie shared a common artist and if they did a better job of relating the two. Although some events pertaining to the movie are briefly described in the series, there is never any real connection and it still feels like the Saya from the just isn't the one from the series.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

http://animehaven.org/dubbed/code-geass-r1-episode-1

Is this what you're looking for, perhaps? Haven't actually seen the series, that's just a site that tends to have high quality, free anime sreaming.\o/

You're damn awesome Kurdanak. This has the whole series?

EDIT: The video is very laggy. Even at the lowest setting. :(

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

• 1 month later...

Here's a good anime I just remembered and haven't seen in forever: Wolfs Rain.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

I really loved akame ga kill, but the ending didnt cut it for me... so I switched to the manga and all is well

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

They have anime about WW2 Russia vs Germany

First Squad: Moment of Truth

IYT09l4.png

They have anime about WW2 Russia vs Germany

First Squad: Moment of Truth

Heard of it. The pictures I've seen make it look rather strange though.

firstsquad.jpg

Samurai Soviet?! :v

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--