IDEAS

jack3top

SUBMARINES

~only targets navy

~can break blockades

Nuke Damage

~0.01% of nuke backfire and a random city of yours get annihilated 

~causes 20% damage to military ( ie soldiers,navy,submarine and air-force 5% each)

Morale of Military

~Morale affects how well your military fight

~before a war starts, morale is high but the longer the war, the more the morale drops

~after a nuke hits a nation, morale may go higher or lower(So probably -15% to 15% boost to military morale.)

Approval rating

~every nuke fired by your nation reduces 5% of your approval rating

I like to thank el, franz, psweet and vk for your contribution towards this in one way or another.

Edited by jack3top
  • Upvote 3

discussion before violence

What I post do not represent the views of the alliance unless otherwise stated.

SUBMARINES

~only targets navy

~can break blockades

Approval rating

Submarines sounds great. Approval ratings are supposed to be cosmetic only. :P

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Submarines sounds great. Approval ratings are supposed to be cosmetic only. :P

Well, maybe we can make it if approval rating negative, income -5%, positive, no effect.  This will also make people think  twice on how they treat their people.

None of these are good ideas. Submarines would just be worthless ships, backfiring nukes is something I've never even heard of, moral would just give another advantage to the attacker and some people already have an approval rating that would probably take months to recover from, so that idea would completely rape so many peoples incomes.

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

None of these are good ideas. Submarines would just be worthless ships, backfiring nukes is something I've never even heard of, moral would just give another advantage to the attacker and some people already have an approval rating that would probably take months to recover from, so that idea would completely rape so many peoples incomes.

submarines would be excellent at breaking blockades, nukes back-firing, is possible as everyone makes mistakes, when it happens you know of it. Well, we can do away with the approval rating changes part if there is a better idea to make people think twice before before firing nukes. True there is a environmental penalty currently, but well, there should be a more deterrent penalty, currently its not enough in my opinion

SUBMARINES

~only targets navy

~can break blockades

Nuke Damage

~causes 20% damage to military ( ie soldiers,navy,submarine and air-force 5% each)

Morale of Military

~before a war starts, morale is high but the longer the war, the more the morale drops

~after a nuke hits a nation, morale may go higher or lower(So probably -15% to 15% boost to military morale.)

Approval rating

I like to thank el, franz, psweet and vk for your contribution towards this in one way or another.

Approval rating i think should play a bigger role..

• Upvote 2

• Wiki Mod

SUBMARINES

~only targets navy

~can break blockades

Nuke Damage

Morale of Military

Approval rating

There is a sticked thread name 'Tips for new posters' I would advise you read it before continuing to post. 

Play nice. 

The OP has effectively wasted the communities time with this post & he should feel a little bad about that. And, remembering that feeling strive to do better in the future to avoid it.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

The OP has effectively wasted the communities time with this post & he should feel a little bad about that. And, remembering that feeling strive to do better in the future to avoid it.

Or may be it will discourage people to suggest in future. It all depends on how individuals take, so it always won't be the same. If a suggestion is bad, you can give a reason for it. Too busy to give a reason? Then just ignore the post.

To those who say its bad, can you give reasons or produce something better? If you cannot produce something better than stop whining

The OP has effectively wasted the communities time with this post & he should feel a little bad about that. And, remembering that feeling strive to do better in the future to avoid it

Or may be it will discourage people to suggest in future. It all depends on how individuals take, so it always won't be the same. If a suggestion is bad, you can give a reason for it. Too busy to give a reason? Then just ignore the post.

I will have to agree with Aerys here. Discouraging members of the community making suggestions (whether good or bad) will not be tolerated. If you don't approve with a suggestion give details as to why you think it is a bad suggestion but simply stating "you should feel bad" or any other form of attacking the player and not the suggestion itself will result in future warns.

SUBMARINES

~only targets navy

~can break blockades

Nuke Damage

Morale of Military

Approval rating

so here goes, hope its better

We should have military morale and it will affect the odds of a battle. Military morale is self explanatory. At the start of every battle, military morale is 50. The longer the battle, the more the military morale drops as soldiers get tired. The more battles that a nation is involved in at the same time, the more the military morale will drop. In the event a nation get beiged, and wages his first battle since his last beige, his morale will start at 75 instead as his military had ample time to prepare for new attacks.

If a nation gets war declared on it, its military morale will be 40. Morale will affect the military odds by -3/+4%. For each military action, both sides military morale will be affected. In the event of a nuclear strike, military morale may go up/down by (50% chance)

soldiers/+tanks success: +2

airforce success: +5

naval ships success: +4

ps: if fail is same effect but negative

Military morale percent

0-24   -3%

25       -2%

26-49 -1%

50      0%

40-60 +1%

60-74 +2%

75     +3%

76-100+4%

summary: nation gets declared  on morale 40;aggressor will be 50, for nations who just emerged from beige and have their first battle, morale is 75

Edited by jack3top

thks to you, thats why I decided to redo it today

• Upvote 1

• Wiki Mod

Reasons are for those who spend more then 30 seconds on an idea. I gave the same thought in my response that op gave to his idea. 

To those who say its bad, can you give reasons or produce something better? If you cannot produce something better than stop whining

1. See above

2. I rather frequently produce better & expect the same from others.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Reasons are for those who spend more then 30 seconds on an idea. I gave the same thought in my response that op gave to his idea. 

1. See above

well, I spent more than 30s just thinking about it and translating it into words, well, not in-depth though

1. See above

There's nothing wrong with throwing an idea out there to see where it goes.

It's hardly wasting the community's time - if it's a super bad idea, we can ignore it. If it's a workable idea, we can adjust it. If it's a really good idea, we can implement it.

It's preferable that people can run numbers and scenarios so that we can see the effects of proposals, and I've done that plenty of times (I don't know how many times I've put a couple hours into either reworking someone else's idea to a workable form, or just working on a suggestion I was really excited about), but it isn't necessary. Some people just aren't as good at that, or don't know the game intricately enough to see all long term effects of certain things - and that's okay.

At any rate, no reason to be rude to somebody for trying to suggest ideas. He's trying. :)

• Upvote 1

I really like the idea of subs.  Everyone should have these units and they should be expensive.

Not so keen on moral, as mentioned up-thread, attackers are already OP.  And I agree that approval rating should remain cosmetic only as promised.

As to nukes doing convention damage -no please.  The missile/nuke system is handled differently than the conventional side and it should remain so.

• Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

SUBMARINES

~only targets navy

~can break blockades

Nuke Damage

Morale of Military

Approval rating

1. Yep, Submarines are nice :)  See here: http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7069-new-units/#entry114393

2. Well, you have to decide if you nuke troops in cities (barracked reserve) or already fielded troops on the frontlines. So if you nuke a city, it shouldn't affect your current forces, but maybe your daily enlistment capacity.

3. Sounds good in combination with Nation Perks. I want Propaganda affecting my and my enemies troops morale.

4. I think that's already implemented. Only improval rating itself does nothing. You can have 0 approval and no harm done.

• Upvote 1