A Treaty to Nowhere

Tim Armstrong

Rose uses treaties, and yeah we have a good amount. But our 3 md level treaties are VE, Alpha, and TLF. The rest are OD or protectorates. You guys are now MD status with Mensa, TKR, Alpha, BK, InGen, TKP, Guardian, SK, and the Coalition. Not to even mention your protectorates. I mean yeah we are all paper tigers but treatying up half of orbis is going to kill it. However defensively speaking, you guys are pretty much as untouchable as you can get.

Treaties are *not* what kills Orbis. What *does* kill orbis is a passive approach to treaties, alliances, intrigue and war. Wanting to be 'friends with the world' so to speak. I think The Syndicate has more than proven that it has time and time been at the thick of Orbis politics, driving intrigue and war via its actions both directly and indirectly, both as aggressor and defendant. Now if we were to lock the game up for 6 - 12 months on end doing absolutely nothing, you might have had a leg to stand on. That is however, not the case. We are coming fresh off of the most devastating war (for all parties involved save you, who remained neutral to profit from said war) the game has seen to date. Naturally we are going to consolidate our position by solidifying ties with young protectorates who have proven their ability to stand on their own, and who have been nothing but staunch allies despite having no obligation to defend us.

Over half of our current treaties are similar stories: protectorates who have become incredibly succesful and reliable. A protectorate is an investment: You protect, advise, and develop, in hopes of seeing the protectorate grow into a self-sustaining, close ally. This is a business you yourself have also engaged in. Now, your portfolio has not developed similarly to The Syndicate's. That is not our problem. It is yours.

As for our other treaties: We have spent months developing our sphere, building close ties to likeminded alliances. We did this while we were in an underdog position. While we had both Paragon and Covenant gunning for us to one extend or another. We persevered and yes, now we are in a strong position. I fail to see how our success in forming a sphere alongside our allies should reflect negatively upon us. This was not a fingersnap powermove. It was gradual. Not to mention: There is still plenty of power concentrated in other camps.

Now, I like to believe that we have a fairly decent working relation Pubstomper. If you have any concerns about Syndicate foreign policy, you are free to contact Tim privately, or shoot me a query. You'll find that you can achieve far more that way, than via this outlet.

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Hello you two love birds.  Can I make this a 3-way?

I think Alpha has killed Orbis by being so small that people think we are a meddling worthless mid-tier alliance when in actuality we've set-up every major war going back to beta, even before our existence.

• Upvote 2

I think Pubstomper is interested in having a high level foreign affairs discussion in a random treaty tS thread. 

Or maybe he wanted to throw up a snarky png and see if he could get away with it. (Looks like the answer was no :3 )

• Upvote 1

I think Pubstomper is interested in having a high level foreign affairs discussion in a random treaty tS thread. 

Or maybe he wanted to throw up a snarky png and see if he could get away with it. (Looks like the answer was no :3 )

Snarky png's are a trademark diplomatic tool of tS. The problems arose when he started using *words*. :P

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

It's okay, Steve came to fix everything between his two bffs

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif