Netenyahu: Palestinians worse than Hitler

Ogaden

How do you reason? The fact that there are different sects does not negate the fact that the Quran has been preserved.

It was also something that Muslims were informed would happen by the Prophet (saw) himself who said: â€œThose who came before you of the people of the Book split into seventy-two sects, and this Ummah will split into seventy-three: seventy-two in Hell and one in Paradise, and that is the jamaa’ah (main body of Muslims).†(Narrated by Abu Dawood (4597) and others) He (saw) also described the saved group as “(Those who follow) that which I and my companions follow.†and “the vast multitudeâ€.

Same words but they clearly get different meanings out of them, after all they wouldn't be differing sects (or apostates as you would call them) otherwise. 

Tao Te Ching sounds like Chinese Scientology. i'm not sure why anybody would want to read such nonsense

Stop trying to troll me. I'm pretty sure I know who you are.  <_<

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

To add to my previous comment, I agree that the Quran has remained basically exact since the time it was written down. My point was more a couple side points to this topic, and that is:

1. If the Quran was originally taught to Muhammad's followers orally, then it's highly likely that what they wrote down were not the exact words he spoke.

They wrote down the Quran during the lifetime of the Prophet (saw), under his direct supervision, repeating back to him what they had written, and many of the companions of the Prophet (saw) memorised the entire Quran word for word. They would recite the Quran every day and if anyone replaced a single word or mispronounced it, they would correct them, so unless you are alluding to a mass conspiracy to change the Quran, I don't see how what was written down were not the exact words.

2. Trying to extract exact and precise meanings out of such ancient text is rather silly to me, especially in translation. An example would be my Tao Te Ching compared to your Quran. I've read countless translations of the Tao and the vast majority of them sound like the incoherent ramblings of an idiot. Extremely hard to understand the points being made. This is because the Tao was originally written in an ancient language, where words and their meanings are far more vague, leading to countless different interpretations of what's being said. 

This is why I prefer the Ralph Alan Dale translation of the Tao, because Ralph did not translate the text with "exact" words in mind, but rather, the "concept" or "overall message" of the words in mind. He did a brilliant job of maintaining it's original poetic style in a way that makes sense to speakers of western language. 

I understand Islam is far different, but in my religion, I don't obsess over preserving the exact and precise words, but simply the meanings and concepts those words are trying to relay.

See previous comment^

That may be the case if you can't read or understand the original language of the text, but Millions of Muslim can read and understand the original Quranic Arabic without translation.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

They wrote down the Quran during the lifetime of the Prophet (saw), under his direct supervision, repeating back to him what they had written, and many of the companions of the Prophet (saw) memorised the entire Quran word for word. They would recite the Quran every day and if anyone replaced a single word or mispronounced it, they would correct them, so unless you are alluding to a mass conspiracy to change the Quran, I don't see how what was written down were not the exact words.

That may be the case if you can't read or understand the original language of the text, but Millions of Muslim can read and understand the original Quranic Arabic without translation.

Can you take this debate to another forum created for such reason, or go talk about it in PM's, instead of derailing the topic?

Stop trying to troll me. I'm pretty sure I know who you are.  <_<

taoism is satanic and by reading occultic books on it can lead to influence from demonic forces.

the only way is through jesus.

this is some info which debunks this witchcraft i found online : http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/yin-yang.htm

I've never seen so much religious flame wars on the internet worser than on this forum...

Simply EVERYTHING must somehow come into an anti/pro Islamic debate with no end...

Could we please stay on topic?

(Just saying)

• Upvote 4

9anTOCI.jpg?3

I've never seen so much religious flame wars on the internet worser than on this forum...

Simply EVERYTHING must somehow come into an anti/pro Islamic debate with no end...

(Just saying)

It's not a "anti-islamic" debate. It's a debate to show how extreme Ibhraim is, and how he denies reality and truth.

But, you do have a point.

• Upvote 1

(Just saying)

Of course not! This is internet Jihad, son!!

#KeyboardKrusade

• Upvote 2

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--