Stop trying to change the game mechanics

stetonic

Why is every other suggestion about trying to change the game mechanics.You don't need to alter how everything in the game operates or how the war system works.The point of a game that has any sort of strategy in it.Is for the players to work around the game mechanics and formulate a strategy that works

If 1 tank blew up 100 infra then yeah the game mechanics are at fault but you didn't build any tanks and your enemy did and he blew up 100 infra.Then that's your fault.So you cant complain

Every time there is a war its Planes damage Ships or Missiles dont do this and all the other stuff that gets thrown around.If you want the ability to change mechanics and win everytime go play a single player game on the PS4 and cheat

The game needs new units and buildings added to it not the ones that are already here getting changed every 5 minutes.

Why are you posting a suggestion that others not make suggestions?

• Upvote 5

sig%20version_zpsb6w1ofwm.png

Check out my blog!  Like its sister in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), I will strive to make it a haven for reasonable discussion and interesting takes on various issues.

I suggest that players should stop suggesting that the game mechanics are at fault 

Also i may have hit the wrong part of the forum when i posted but iam sure a mod can fix that for me

Edited by stetonic
  • Upvote 1

There is an irony here that is quite funny.

Yeah, might have sailed over some heads.

OP, "not changing game mechanics" includes "not adding new units to the game" since that is a mechanical change.

Other than that I totally agree with the OP on this.  Leave the game alone.  It is out of beta phase now and does not require 'fixing'.  I think certain things are unbalanced (some are) but let them remain so.

@Sheepy - when you constantly change the game you are forcing players to try to predict your next action rather than actually playing the game in the sandbox you have built.  Leave the sandbox alone and let the game develop naturally.  Obviously bug and cheating exploits should be fixed - but fundamental mechanical changes tend to be harmful and your starting position on every new idea should be no.  The standard to reverse that 'no' should be very high.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Out of beta?

Every game gets patches and addons even after release >.>

A game is done when the developer thinks it's done. And if the community doesn't think so, they provide fan-patches, or in case of PnW criticism.

And as the OP says, new units would be a real nice addition. And not some you'd need new buildings for, they'd share the building with other units. So one has to carefully plan his unit compilation.

Here an example (again) how it could look like:   http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7069-new-units/#entry114393

Only current addition, as often said:  Makes missilies/nukes impossible when having land/sea/air control over your enemy.

You have complete! control over an enemy, and he doesnt give a shit...  -.-'

• Upvote 1

Every time you say every you are probably wrong.  'Every' game does not recieve those things.  Many or most games do-possibly true but *citation needed.

By the way there are games that do NOT see major mechanical changes to their game mechanics and only see fixes for bugs / closing cheat hacks etc.

And you go on to make a suggestion that favors a certain type of gameplay over others and has various unintended consequences associated with it.  (I would be thrilled with your change by the way since it favors my preferred style of gameplay.)  However, there are other valid ways to play the game doncha know.  As I said, why their method of gameplay should be nerfed and another one strengthened, as you suggest, should only be implemented if there is a very high standard applied.

Again, rather than playing the game creator (ie, trying to anticipate the next mechanical change) we could go on about the business of playing the game.

Edited by LordRahl2
  • Upvote 1

-signature removed for rules violation-

I don't think adding new units that work within the same guidelines  as the units already in play.Is the same as changing the way the whole war system works.Most games add new units at some point during there lifetime either with expansion packs or updates but i doubt there are many games that would change the war system a year after it had been around.Or castrate the power of weapons.When that does happen its called a sequel.

So unless Politics And War 2 The Second Coming Of Orbis is about to be released the game should not be changed in such away 

I don't think adding new units that work within the same guidelines  as the units already in play.Is the same as changing the way the whole war system works.Most games add new units at some point during there lifetime either with expansion packs or updates but i doubt there are many games that would change the war system a year after it had been around.Or castrate the power of weapons.When that does happen its called a sequel.

So unless Politics And War 2 The Second Coming Of Orbis is about to be released the game should not be changed in such away 

It's an "MMO", according to Sheepy, hence can, and probably will, be updated accordingly.

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

Although some would argue that the perfect balance of mechanics has already been achieved, that alone should not dissuade both new and veteran players alike from making suggestions towards the betterment of the game. At the end of the day, we all have the best interests of the game at heart, and although some, if not many suggestions are biased to varying degrees towards a certain point of view or play style, it should be noted that the mechanics of the game may not always be as perfect as they could be at every stage of a nation's development. I believe we will see more of this as the top nations continue to climb and the divide between old and new continues to increase. Therefore I believe we should encourage those who understand the current game mechanics and its balances to bring their suggestions to the public, so that our experiences may ultimately be benefited. As a nugget of gold must be mined out of the hard and worthless earth, a good idea may be wrapped up within negative intentions or a personal bias, but the idea in its purest form may still be extracted, refined, and used to create a greater and richer experience than what we already have.

1uBr6Lp.png?1

• Moderators

how has this not been moved to discussion?

Because nobody made a report and I had to find this thread myself. In the future, as a general notice - please file a report when a thread is in the incorrect forum.

On that note, thread moved. Carry on.