Make regions

Denver_old

Make regions instead of continents with inaccurate resources e.g. romania has oil and europe has none..... Australia has uranium and Australia(continent) has none...

Make regions such as: Crimea, Balkans, south east asia, West coast, etc.

and of course, make this with accurate resources :D

We only have seven raw resources, and one is food that should be available in all continents. Having too many regions or continents or whatever would mean two or more of these would have the same exact resource options.

Nay

UedhRvY.png

I think this might be interesting actually. I mean on the technical side, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

I was thinking: the world map we have now has the 'real world' country borders, despite them having absolutely no effect of gameplay.  What if we do away with those and replace the map with a gridlike pattern. Since each nation's location is determined by an x,y coordinate, each rectangle in this grid could then act as a region with a 'realistic' permutation of resources based on its geographic location, providing the nations it closes with its set of resources.

• Upvote 1

Ilysian_signature_1.jpg

~~ His Majesty the Gracious and Honourable Emperor Robert of the Royal House Cahill, ~~

~~King of the Dominion of Ilysia, Protector of its Colonies of Argentia and Klondecia, Head of the Imperial Government, ~~

~~Chairsperson of the Imperial Board, Orator of the Lords' Parliament, and Lead Voice of the Small Council~~

I think this might be interesting actually. I mean on the technical side, this shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

I was thinking: the world map we have now has the 'real world' country borders, despite them having absolutely no effect of gameplay.  What if we do away with those and replace the map with a gridlike pattern. Since each nation's location is determined by an x,y coordinate, each rectangle in this grid could then act as a region with a 'realistic' permutation of resources based on its geographic location, providing the nations it closes with its set of resources.

That would be somewhat more complicated to implement. But it sounds like a awesome idea!

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

I'm on the Arabian Peninsula, so I would be fine under these changes. What about everyone else if it was implemented? 

I have to agree with Livius and Sheepy on this one. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I'm on the Arabian Peninsula, so I would be fine under these changes. What about everyone else if it was implemented? 

I have to agree with Livius and Sheepy on this one. 

Sheepy hasn't said anything here...

That would be somewhat more complicated to implement. .....

Well, it would certainly be easier to implement than handrawing the borders of dozens of geographic regions.

It is true that there would be repeats in the combination of resources.. Perhaps placing a limit on the number of nations allowed in each grid region would make choosing a region more strategic?

I do agree that the current system is fine though. Unless playing with continents gets extremely boring, there really is no absolute need to implement this. Still, it would be an interesting addition to the game. I think if regions were implemented, this could lead to other areas of the game expanding to incorporate it as well (such as wars, missile ranges, nation colors, city land areas, etc), rather than just a change in resource distribution.

Ilysian_signature_1.jpg

~~ His Majesty the Gracious and Honourable Emperor Robert of the Royal House Cahill, ~~

~~King of the Dominion of Ilysia, Protector of its Colonies of Argentia and Klondecia, Head of the Imperial Government, ~~

~~Chairsperson of the Imperial Board, Orator of the Lords' Parliament, and Lead Voice of the Small Council~~