Why do people say Donald Trump is not a ''serious'' candidate?

Thalmor

Pretty much what the title says.

In many polls, he's either #1 or #2, and he certainly knows what he's doing. I mean, he's filed for bankruptcy several times, and each time, he's bounced back like nothing ever happened. He's also built his fortune of several billions dollars from the ground up. People who are stupid don't know how to do that, people who can't negotiate certainly can't do that. A huge part of politics is negotiation, and even though he may not have formal political experience, he certainly has experience with other things that are very useful for a politician to have. I also like his aggressive, blunt attitude.

I mean, I like other candidate to. I like Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Scot Walker, Ben Carson, and Carly Fiorina. But I think Donald Trump is really a serious contender here, and seeing so many people scoff him off with ''he's not a serious candidate'' really confuses me.

Why do people not think he's serious? Because the assumption is that he's doing this as a publicity stunt, that's why.

Now, that doesn't actually answer the question whether he's being sincere or not. If he is, the media should take him far more seriously than they are doing now. Because he could very win the Republican nomination for President at this rate. 

http://i.imgur.com/K3xCRAP.png

Name three accomplishments she made as Secretary of State.

She fought for and successfully raised funding for prostate cancer, she created the office for Violence Against Women, she helped create the Adoption and Safe Family Act, etc.
  • Upvote 3

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

She fought for and successfully raised funding for prostate cancer, she created the office for Violence Against Women, she helped create the Adoption and Safe Family Act, etc.

Most people who get asked that question usually can't answer it.

Props to you, have a like.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

Here are two articles that list out some stuff, if you'd like to read through them. One of them is even from Fox News, haha. To name some off the top of my head, she has been a very unmoving advocate for women's rights and minorities (notably Hispanic immigrants); specifically as Secretary of State, she negotiated a truce of sorts between Israel and Hamas (which one of those articles mentions), and she was very important in starting the nuclear program negotiations with Iran, which I believe one of these articles also mentions.

You must recognize that Hillary Clinton is a highly, highly experienced politician. She has a lot more under her belt than do any of the current Republican candidates; the only one with a longer record than hers is Bernie Sanders, and the positions he has held in the past have not been as high as those Hillary Clinton has held.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/06/03/dear-hillary-clinton-help-us-help.html

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/13/heres-a-list-of-hillary-clintons-accomplishments-so-quit-saying-she-doesnt-have-any/

• Upvote 1

"Bibant, quoniam edere nolunt." ~ "Let them drink, since they do not wish to eat."

003.png.dec0ea9eb3902372b8bbca44165b588f.png

"Firebrand" factor pretty much. He is famous, known to say stuff most politicians wouldn't dare, and is considered popular mostly to just a single demographic. 

Even extremely experienced politicians and talkers like George Galloway and Nigel Farage are treated as a joke until like magic overnight they go from a joke to a serious contender when the clock starts ticking in the media/opponents heads. Such people can get people invested in politics in ways no normal politician can due to their unrestrained nature and the forcefulness they put into their words but I'm not sure Trump is quite up to it. 

He needs to work on shaming and discrediting his opposition and making use of his "clean" background as any wrongdoings he did can naturally be thrown back into his accusers faces as incompetence on their part. 

Nobody in the GOP 2016 clown car is a serious candidate.

Rand Paul and Jeb Bush are both serious.  Rand has a lot of work to do, since no one is sure if he's a libertarian or a conservative.  He seems like a libertarian who tries to wear conservative clothes to pander to the religious right to me.

Duke of House Greyjoy

That is so stupid. I mean, almost every major country in the world (Code word ALMOST) supported slavery at one time or another. America, Britian, France, Russia..... 

Im not saying its a good thing. Heck, it was a horrible thing, as Sanders said. However, while it was a horrifying, it happened, as it did evewrywhere else in the world at its time. We adressed it, we fixed our ways. I see nothing else that needs to happen.

I too feel that that apology has been made.  Made with the blood of every dead union soldier in the Civil War.  And that's a lot of blood.  Rivers of it.

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

Those are jobs, not accomplishments. What did she do as those? 

Here you go... I already posted accomplishments. 

Far from the worst answer ever but if you want to answer the specific question 'as SoS' then you should focus on her foreign policy accomplishments and/or her ability to lead a large bureaucracy.

For example she increased the budgetary line for USAID.  She did this, at least in part, by successfully forming a coalition with the DoD (SEC DEF to be precise).  One the things you mentioned was violence against women.  That is true but was only a section of her QDDR, a document modeled after the QDR.  This was, iirc, the first time that State has applied this approach to its internal review and guidance statements.

I would caution you not to ignore her less than spectacular moments and initiatives such as seeking a 'reset' with Russia.  This was a complete blunder by Washington that she appears to have fully supported.

Hope that helps when you are asked the question again.

Like every candidate that has a snowball's chance in hell both R and D she would be fine as the next president.

Edited by LordRahl2

-signature removed for rules violation-

Far from the worst answer ever but if you want to answer the specific question 'as SoS' then you should focus on her foreign policy accomplishments and/or her ability to lead a large bureaucracy.

For example she increased the budgetary line for USAID.  She did this, at least in part, by successfully forming a coalition with the DoD (SEC DEF to be precise).  One the things you mentioned was violence against women.  That is true but was only a section of her QDDR, a document modeled after the QDR.  This was, iirc, the first time that State has applied this approach to its internal review and guidance statements.

I would caution you not to ignore her less than spectacular moments and initiative such as seeking a 'reset' with Russia.  This was a complete blunder by Washington that she appears to have fully supported.

Hope that helps when you are asked the question again.

Like every candidate that has a snowball's chance in hell both R and D she would be fine as the next president.

I'm not saying I would vote for her. In fact, compared to the rest of the Democratic party, she is one of my least favorite. We need Bernie. His hashtag is too good to not vote for him.

#feelthebern

I'm not saying I would vote for her. In fact, compared to the rest of the Democratic party, she is one of my least favorite. We need Bernie. His hashtag is too good to not vote for him.

#feelthebern

Well that is highly unlikely.  Good luck with that horse.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Well that is highly unlikely.  Good luck with that horse.

I know it's unlikely, but it't worth a shot.

She fought for and successfully raised funding for prostate cancer,

she created the office for Violence Against Women,

she helped create the Adoption and Safe Family Act, etc.

So she did what a ton of people are doing? BTW, I bought a cookie to support breast cancer today. 

She supported her husband? 

AND do her job as First Lady? WOW! Someone give this girl a cookie! 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

He's serious in that, yes, he is seriously running for president of the United States.

Otherwise, I think many other people would make vastly better presidents.

Kastor would genuinely be better

• Upvote 3

Someone who actually CARES about our country and where it is going.

#feelthebern

• Upvote 2

Anyone who knows how to build a wall across Mexico US border, can deal with ISIS and Russia, and who can get US economy back on track

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Why......because he is a "Media Whore"

#whoreofstageandscreenandradioandtvandsocialmedia

I think that means people like him O.o

plus the 15,000 people that showed up to his thingy today

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk