Yer Treading On My Toes... This Means WAR!

Mark76

Problem.  Nations with overlapping territory.  Or even occupying exactly the same territory.

Take a look at the world map and you'll see lots of people have chosen to place their nations in roughly the same spots.  This wouldn't be too bad if all we were talking about was city states with a limited amount of land.  But, since the amount of land needed to sustain each city seems to increase exponentially we'll eventually end up with a situation where the larger nations share territory with many smaller ones, yet with no influence or control over them.  Kind of like if someone started a country in the middle of France and the French government was powerless to stop them.

My suggestion is to redistribute nations that have convergent territories, with older and larger nations getting the preference when it comes to staying put.   There's room for everyone on Orbis, so there's really no need for any nation to be sitting in another's lap :P

too hard, but nice suggestion.

• Upvote 3

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

• Wiki Mod

Is there any actual mechanical reason to do this? Also I would take issue with my country suddenly being moved for a variety of reasons, for one it would screw my RP layout, & for another I picked my continent on purpose. So I'm gonna have to say no on this one.

• Upvote 2

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

• Wiki Mod

maybe a list for the geographic position and redistribute it would be clear.

or divide the area in the n parts if there are n nations within the exact area.

Maybe a justification for why this is something Sheepy should spend time coding emplace of something more useful.

This is a "X for the sake of X" proposal. 

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

This could potentially shove someone out of their continent. Nah

The biggest nations only have a size of about 15,000 sq mi, which is almost the size of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island combined, which isn't very large. The idea can still work.

The only problem is Europe, which has the most countries of them all, and a relatively small size. But to be honest, European nations are overused. Why not try Asia or Africa? :P

Z98SzIG.png

I love history. Everything about my country is the way it is on purpose (its location, name, leader name, city names, etc.). My country is set on St. Petersburg because that was the capital of the Russian Empire. What is my country? The Russian Empire.

My country is where it is for a reason; I would be very displeased to move.

Edited by TsarNicholasII

His Imperial Majesty, Tsar Nicholas II

The Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias

politicsandwar.com/nation/id=4918

ehhEjM9.jpg

The biggest nations only have a size of about 15,000 sq mi, which is almost the size of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island combined, which isn't very large. The idea can still work.

The only problem is Europe, which has the most countries of them all, and a relatively small size. But to be honest, European nations are overused. Why not try Asia or Africa? :P

Iron, Coal, and Lead

Not everyone here pick things up just for the aesthetics :v

Also, some spots on the map is particularly quite crowded with dozens of nations cramping up a popular spot in history. It would look really ugly if you end up ditched in a body of water somewhere.

UedhRvY.png

Well, by my knowledge, no body else sits where my nation sit, (Although i could be wrong) so frankly my dear, i don't give a damn. 

Actually, two small nations from Rose and Mensa HQ occupy Hainan, which is where your nation sits.

Note: An Elysian League member is on MY nation, Cyprus. :v

DANG IT, ALECCS

Edited by Markides

Z98SzIG.png

w

Actually, two small nations from Rose and Mensa HQ occupy Hainan, which is where your nation sits.

Note: An Elysian League member is on MY nation, Cyprus. :v

DANG IT, ALECCS

well i diddn't notice them, so i still don't give a damn. 

B1ED4CC9835C53112D49EF81ADFC4F24.png

• Administrators

I'm not going to randomly move nations around, the locations serve only a RP purpose (aside from continent based resources). If you overlap with another nation, the only way you could ever tell is by looking on the World Map (which doesn't show all ~2,400 nations anyway).

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link