Spy attack to remove embargo

ELPINCHAZO

No, because that wouldn't happen. It's not even a good idea. There are lots more other things we could use esps for, and thats not one of them

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

No, because that wouldn't happen.  -What the hell are you even talking about here?

It's not even a good idea. That is a valid viewpoint,next time try to elaborate and maybe EXPLAIN your view to be helpful

There are lots more other things we could use esps for, and thats not one of them - I think you mean SPIES,no?

I'm just throwing it out there. I think it would add one more interesting aspect to the game and with all the other stupid suggestions,I don't think this is the worst.

Edited by ELPINCHAZO
  • Upvote 1

If somebody doesn't want to trade with someone, they shouldn't

Thats the point of this suggestion. Gives spys something to do when in peace time. And can do some weird things at war if played right.

• Upvote 1

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

Would this affect alliance trade offers or only public trade offers?

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

• Administrators

This is already possible, if you destroy all of your target's ships, any embargoes they have are broken.

• Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

This is already possible, if you destroy all of your target's ships, any embargoes they have are broken.

You mean blockade.

Embargoes are a different animal.

Edited by Jodo
  • Upvote 2

q8nfyvc.gif

there is no way to remove market embargo unless the person remove it

Sheepy said you can remove war embargo by navy through removing all the navies of your opponent.

if spy destroy the ships, which means yes

but then, why do we need to use spy to remove market embargo if the main reason is "I/We just don't want to trade with you" given that there are thousands of available buy/sell offers.

I don't understand the point of removing embargo by the spy....but if it was used to sabotages someone market so their offers are temporary frozen??

then I go to thumbs up with that idea.

Edited by Arthur James

there is no way to remove market embargo unless the person remove it

Sheepy said you can remove war embargo by navy through removing all the navies of your opponent.

if spy destroy the ships, which means yes

but then, why do we need to use spy to remove market embargo if the main reason is "I/We just don't want to trade with you" given that there are thousands of available buy/sell offers.

I don't understand the point of removing embargo by the spy....but if it was used to sabotages someone market so their offers are temporary frozen??

then I go to thumbs up with that idea.

That's a blockade.

Embargoes are the market place, where an individual places an entire freeze out against another individual or an alliance. 

I'm assuming this sort of espionage attempt would make the deal go in secret, and the other person would just see "someone has purchased your merchandise" or "you've purchased your merchandise from someone" instead of a nation name. This is much like when a successful espionage attack happens and you only see a message from the game itself, not a user. 

And before anyone says this doesn't happen IRL, it does. Shady stuff goes down all the time; how do you think we have Cuban cigars in the US? People get them into Mexico or Canada and then into the US that way. It would be a similar issue. The only thing is, would it be worth it? You're paying 100k for this attempt, unless there's an absolute amazing deal that you're getting and the 100k is worth it, wouldn't it be cheaper to just spend a few extra bucks per ton? 

• Upvote 2

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

• Administrators

Ah! You are right and I was completely wrong. That's my bad for not reading closely enough.

Why have a spy operation to break an embargo? 

1) What's stopping the person being spied on from just putting it back.

2) How are you going to know what embargo you want to break? That makes you privy to all of the embargoes that the person has.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Ah! You are right and I was completely wrong. That's my bad for not reading closely enough.

Why have a spy operation to break an embargo? 

1) What's stopping the person being spied on from just putting it back.

2) How are you going to know what embargo you want to break? That makes you privy to all of the embargoes that the person has.

Well you could simply have an input for the nation to break the embargo with. I could see this being valid tactic also during war time. Break someone's embargo, buy some of their goods, hit their nation to get your money back, bingo bango Bob's your uncle.

As for #2. You already know when someone has placed an embargo on you. You get notification, it's not secret. So I could see this being useful for coordinated attacks etc as well.

Of course they can put it back, but not before you do what you wanted usually. By using the argument in #1, what's the point in breaking a blockade, they can simply put it back. It's a broken argument. Of course they can put it back, it's still a valid and useful tactic to break it to accomplish what you wanted to do while it's down.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Well you could simply have an input for the nation to break the embargo with. I could see this being valid tactic also during war time. Break someone's embargo, buy some of their goods, hit their nation to get your money back, bingo bango Bob's your uncle.

As for #2. You already know when someone has placed an embargo on you. You get notification, it's not secret. So I could see this being useful for coordinated attacks etc as well.

Of course they can put it back, but not before you do what you wanted usually. By using the argument in #1, what's the point in breaking a blockade, they can simply put it back. It's a broken argument. Of course they can put it back, it's still a valid and useful tactic to break it to accomplish what you wanted to do while it's down.

#2, you should be able to see all the embargos someone has placed on a member of your AA. I think that is perfectly logical that an AA would be assumed to share that knowledge.

Why would you even want to force a person to trade with you?

It isn't forcing. It is giving the option to trade. 

Or maybe you have to type in the name of the nation you want to lift their embargo on. If that nation is not embargoed, you've wasted your spy action.

Knowing me, I would mistype the name. :( Still a good idea, though. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Hmm...ok. I don't see how it'd be worth the cost, but no matter.

Someone is selling a bunch of cheap stuff, but they embargoed you. You proceed to use this to un embargo them and buy the cheap stuff. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I think it'd be an abnormal case where it'd be profitable if you'd have to pay to work around an embargo with a spy operation, but I can't think of a real reason against it unless someone will clarify if this affects only world market offers or alliance offers or both. As in, if this allows people to gain access to alliance trade offers when outside of an alliance's shared market. I wouldn't be in favor of that.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

I think it'd be an abnormal case where it'd be profitable if you'd have to pay to work around an embargo with a spy operation, but I can't think of a real reason against it unless someone will clarify if this affects only world market offers or alliance offers or both. As in, if this allows people to gain access to alliance trade offers when outside of an alliance's shared market. I wouldn't be in favor of that.

I think you lack imagination. :P

• Upvote 1

I think you lack imagination. :P

Sure, you can make up a reason against it, but I don't know of any direct reasons to oppose it aside from it being extra work.

If its a spy operation, then it ought to be relatively pricey. Unless there is some sort of mass shortage of a resource you want and are massively embargoed by those who have open trade offers out that you simply must get access to, the functionality would see little use. At that point you'd have access to the resources, but at a huge cost. I'm thinking that it'd only be profitable if you're trying to get access to millions of dollars worth of manufactured goods in trade offers by one person you're embargoed by.

Though I still think it only should be for global trade offers and does not encroach on alliance trade offers.

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

Sure, you can make up a reason against it, but I don't know of any direct reasons to oppose it aside from it being extra work.

If its a spy operation, then it ought to be relatively pricey. Unless there is some sort of mass shortage of a resource you want and are massively embargoed by those who have open trade offers out that you simply must get access to, the functionality would see little use. At that point you'd have access to the resources, but at a huge cost. I'm thinking that it'd only be profitable if you're trying to get access to millions of dollars worth of manufactured goods in trade offers by one person you're embargoed by.

Though I still think it only should be for global trade offers and does not encroach on alliance trade offers.

If you have to use a spy attack to remove an embargo between players inside the same AA,I think you have far greater issues to worry about.

• Upvote 1