Suggestion: Anti-Missile

Georgi Stomana

Pretty much self-explanatory, you can make a Missile that is designed to be fired to intercept other Missiles. The cost would be the same as the cost of a regular Missile. The Anti-Missile would automatically be consumed if an enemy fires a regular Missile at your nation during war, meaning you don't get hit. In addition, using an Anti-Missile means you can't fire a regular Missile for that day of war, or if you've already fired a Missile then you can't intercept one for that day. You can intercept one Missile per day for every war you are engaged in, so you can intercept multiple Missiles but intercepting just one means you can't fire an offensive one that day.

Also another idea: It can also take out Nuclear weapons, but the Nuke still detonates in the air doing some infra/radiation damage to your nation. That's how it would be balanced between being able to take out nukes.

Thoughts?

Edited by Georgi Stomana

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

20% or 25% is not odds that many like.

The suggestion is so people can pay the price ahead of time for a 100% guaranteed chance of not getting hit by one Missile during war. With regard to Iron Dome/Vital well they could remain and the Anti-Missile could only take action if it "got through" your defenses, like a last-resort.

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

There is no such thing called 100% chance.

Realism argument again?

If we have 100% of not getting hit by missiles then why would people bothered getting the missiles launch pad when their enemy has 100% chance of not getting hit by the missiles.

People would buy them because you would still be doing damage to them, because the Anti-Missiles would also have a cost.

My view is more just that being defensive is not a viable strategy for missiles in PW, your only option is to retaliate with your own missiles, and personally I prefer games when they give you as many different ways to play as possible.

Edited by Georgi Stomana

20% or 25% is not odds that many like.

The suggestion is so people can pay the price ahead of time for a 100% guaranteed chance of not getting hit by one Missile during war. With regard to Iron Dome/Vital well they could remain and the Anti-Missile could only take action if it "got through" your defenses, like a last-resort.

If is 100% chance of not getting hit by a missile then how would you be damaged by the missile?  That is the point i am trying to clarify .

Edited by Vincent

Because they will still have paid for the Anti-Missile, with all those resources and money, they've just paid the price ahead of time.

Also it could be 90%.

Because they will still have paid for the Anti-Missile, with all those resources and money, they've just paid the price ahead of time.

Also it could be 90%.

So how much will the anti missile cost or what is your proposed cost ? I mean it cannot be too low. Bearing in mind the cost of missile launch pad and the missile doesnt come cheap , so we cannot have something that have 90% chance of stopping the missile strike at too low a cost. Otherwise is not fair for the MLP owners. Not to mention we need to have 5000 infras before we can even construct the MLP . So you can go figure out how much 5000 infra costs.

In anyway i think the Iron dome sounds more fair an option to deter missile strike. I mean if the nations are not willing to invest in missile defence system such as iron dome, then they should not be complaining about getting hit by missile attack during war.

Edited by Vincent

There is no such thing called 100% chance. If we have 100% of not getting hit by missiles then why would people bothered getting the missiles launch pad when their enemy has 100% chance of not getting hit by the missiles.

This.

Iron Dome needs to be jumped to 50% though.

OK, so here's my basic point: In PW wars you can build up forces and spend money to reduce the damage your nation will take in battles. You want to not get your infra destroyed? Build more troops/tanks/planes/ships. You can't do this with Missiles, there's the small chance of intercepting with Iron Dome/Vital Defense but otherwise you cannot defend yourself, you can only retaliate.

Even if say the Anti-Missile would have a chance of partially intercepting the Missile, ie it hits thethe missile mid-flight and the debris lands in your cities still doing damage, that would be OK too.

Edited by Georgi Stomana

If you want an anti missile with that high a chance of destroying the incoming missile.Its cost would have to be at least 3 times the cost of the attacking missile in a cash and resource amount 

That's way too high, and makes missiles almost redundant and not worth it.

I don't see the validity of this argument. The Iron Dome takes a project slot. It should have a significant effect on missiles. It doesn't even come close to making missiles redundant, because again, it takes a project slot. A project slot that could be used developing something else: like nuclear weapons.

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I don't see the validity of this argument. The Iron Dome takes a project slot. It should have a significant effect on missiles. It doesn't even come close to making missiles redundant, because again, it takes a project slot. A project slot that could be used developing something else: like nuclear weapons.

Or MISSILES! I agree.  The Iron Dome as it stands just... is impractical to build!  You should just build Missiles!

Say you've got a hypothetical PnW war with two sides.  Each side has one project slot.  One person builds missiles; the other person builds an iron dome.  Who has allocated their resources most optimally?  The guy who built the missiles.  There's no question.  Right now, the Iron Dome is a losing game.

Theoretically, since they both take up project slots they should really just cancel each other out.  But it doesn't even come close to that.  An Iron Dome that gave you 100% protection against missiles would still leave plenty of other people who could get nailed by missiles.  So building missiles would STILL be optimal unless a lot of people had Iron Domes.  But even then, the Iron Dome also becomes less optimal because fewer people have missiles too.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

Iron Dome should be no more than 33%.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Realism argument again?

Like I said elsewhere, it's not a realism argument, necessarily - it's an argument based around logic. Just because you don't like an idea, doesn't mean they're trying to play the "realism card".

The only option I would push for here is an increase in the chances of the Iron Dome project.

xzhPlEh.png?1

Like I said elsewhere, it's not a realism argument, necessarily - it's an argument based around logic. Just because you don't like an idea, doesn't mean they're trying to play the "realism card".

The only option I would push for here is an increase in the chances of the Iron Dome project.

Unless you make it 100% it's going to be pointless.  And even if you do, it won't be as good as just buying missiles.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc