Wind power?

Fukuda Kazuma

Would wind power be worth it?

They cost 30K and 25 aluminium to build and only provides power for 250 infra but it doesn't require resources and won't cause pollution so would it be worth if to replace coal power for this instead?

Edited by Zafrizackery
pwzK3cd8SS65e9vYtF-QIQ.png

I use it for my nation, Another big plus is that they cost only 42$ a day to run (per improvement. I currently have 5 wind power improvements, this only cost me (combined) 2g per earth-day. So 2 only cost 1000$, less than any other powering improvement.

2JTFBIP.gif

Leader of UPS

At 2k infra you will have build the most important buildings. After that you just build wind power for energy.

If you're At ~3k infra you completely remove every other power source in favor of wind power..

• Upvote 1

Wind power is superior; I have yet to make the transition however. It is cheaper, removes pollution, and uses an equal amount of improvement slots.

The main problem is the amount of infrastructure they take up, as they only provide power for 250 Infrastructure, there is a huge opportunity cost involved in using wind as your only source of power.

Wind power takes up too many improvement slots for small cities, but on a cash basis it's definitely the best deal.

Wind power uses an equal amount of improvement slots as using power plants (except nuclear). To have an oil or coal plant (1 slot), means that you need its corresponding improvement (1 mine); therefore you need two slots to power every 500 infrastructure with either source of power.

The real problem of wind power is its construction cost. It costs 30,000 and 25 aluminum; however, this is all paid off by its lack of upkeep costs.

Edited by TsarNicholasII
  • Upvote 1

His Imperial Majesty, Tsar Nicholas II

The Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias

politicsandwar.com/nation/id=4918

ehhEjM9.jpg

At 2k infra you will have build the most important buildings. After that you just build wind power for energy.

If you're At ~3k infra you completely remove every other power source in favor of wind power..

I'm just at 1k, but I already have 100% commerce, even though I have military equipment in that city. I guess it's wind time!

Edited by Mikhail Gorbachev

Wind power is superior; I have yet to make the transition however. It is cheaper, removes pollution, and uses an equal amount of improvement slots.

Wind power uses an equal amount of improvement slots as using power plants (except nuclear). To have an oil or coal plant (1 slot), means that you need its corresponding improvement (1 mine); therefore you need two slots to power every 500 infrastructure with either source of power.

The real problem of wind power is its construction cost. It costs 30,000 and 25 aluminum; however, this is all paid off by its lack of upkeep costs.

But mines usually produce more than what's needed for power. Not that I would know. I'm drowning in oil B)

Wrong.

Powering 500 infrastructure with wind power takes 2 slots. Powering it with coal takes 1.833333333333333 slots. Powering 500 infrastructure with nuclear takes 1.25 slots. These saved fractions of slots matter because you can spread them over multiple cities. Six 500-infrastructure cities powered with wind will take 12 slots, two of which needs to be in each city. six 500-infrastructure cities powered with coal will take 11 slots, only one of which needs to be in each city. the 5 coal mines could be stuffed into a single city if you want. Six 500-infrastructure cities powered with nuclear take 8 slots, and leave you with one extra uranium per day.

Powering 1000 infrastructure with wind power takes 4 slots. Powering it with coal takes 3.666666666666 slots. Powering it with nuclear takes 1.5 slots.

Powering 2000 infrastructure with wind power takes 8 slots. Powering it with coal takes 7.333333333333 slots. Powering it with nuclear takes 2 slots.

Powering 3000 infrastructure with wind power takes 12 slots. Powering it with coal takes 11 slots. Powering it with nuclear takes 2.5 slots.

A 2000 infrastructure city powered by wind has 32 slots for manufacturing, commerce, civil improvements and military. A 2000 infrastructure city powered by coal has 32.666666666666 slots. A 2000 infrastructure city powered by nuclear has 38 slots.

Also, your "(except nuclear)" was the most absurd parenthetical ever, because it should have been obvious that's what I was comparing it to.

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

But muh oil can also make gas, which is my income. 

But mines usually produce more than what's needed for power. Not that I would know. I'm drowning in oil B)

Wanna start OPEC? ;)

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I went for nuclear because I want as many of all my slots to be doing something to make me money or resources.

Edited by Georgi Stomana

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

If your cities are big enough and you are in a Uranium rich environment then Nuclear Power is the way to go. Otherwise, Wind is your best bet. I think most alliances would discourage nuclear power before at least 1000 infra, and I'd have to agree, since the upkeep is really high. But, if you (like me) make your money off resources, then it's a great option.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

Wind Power costs more to build, but for larger nations the "savings" on pollution that the coal power plants provide ultimately yields a profit. Smaller nations should not even consider Wind Power, as far as I'm concerned.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

Does the power from wind vary based on weather?

No, its just 250 infra powered per windmill.

greene.png