War Inquiry

naTia

I am at war with somebody who I may kind of want money from so I have been ground battling instead of just air raiding and the first time I attacked (with munitions and gas), the militaries were:

Him: 29k soldiers, 0 tanks

Me: 30k soldiers, 100 tanks

I kind of accepted this wouldn't really help me much but I did it anyways to get down his troops. Results: 

The Captain Nao of Soomaaliya ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Saxe un Gotha led by Chancellor Pytre von du Gotha. The attack was a Pyrrhic victory. The Captain Nao's forces lost 2,155 soldiers and 20 tanks, while Chancellor Pytre von du Gotha's defenders lost 2,371 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 3.30 infrastructure in the city of Haaschweig and 0 improvements. The Captain Nao stole $16,182.22 in the attack.

Next day I came back with better odds:

Him: 27k soldiers, 0 tanks

Me: 33k soldiers, 80 tanks

I fared even worse than I had the day before. Results:

The Captain Nao of Soomaaliya ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Saxe un Gotha led by Chancellor Pytre von du Gotha. The attack was a Pyrrhic victory. The Captain Nao's forces lost 1,842 soldiers and 17 tanks, while Chancellor Pytre von du Gotha's defenders lost 1,839 soldiers and 0 tanks. The attack destroyed 3.00 infrastructure in the city of Haaschweig and 0 improvements. The Captain Nao stole $8,959.88 in the attack.

I get that it is up to chance, but surely it is not in the system for a 6k soldier 80 tank advantage to do even worse than it had with a 1k soldier 100 tank advantage. Not even a moderate success for about a 4:5 troop advantage, not to mention tanks. The tanks alone should have accounted for at least 2k soldiers. This is my first war in a while, and I don't recall the system ever behaving like this.

Edited by The Captain Nao

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Safe bet is to try to avoid as much war as possible ^_^

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

RNGesus has spoken!

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

its called good leadership send a general to comand them its clear the defense country is useing one thats why you can beraly win

(^。^)y-.。o○ (-。-)y-゜゜゜ this is how i make my cloud

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag291/petgangster/efb30519-f381-4330-a62b-11db0d2a058b_zpscilyk2rj.png

I'm thinking that this kind of oddity is probably in the system, and that you just got REALLY unlucky. You have to rememer that both of the armies have lots of soldiers, so it's possible that the slight shift in advantage didn't have quite the complete desired effect. I could be wrong though.

• Upvote 1

You probably know this but tanks require munitions and gasoline to be able to use. Do you have gasoline munitions so that you can operate your tanks? 

he must have the materials needed, otherwise he couldn't even send them into battle. 

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

• Administrators

80 Tanks have the combat value of 40 soldiers each. 80*40 = 3200. That's unarmed soldiers, of course. Let's assume  you're both using armies fully supplied with munitions:

His army value is: 47,250

Your army value is: 60,950

Now, as you probably know, you roll three times. Since you got a Pyrrhic victory, you only won 1/3 times, but I'll explain how it works for future reference.

You roll a value between 20% of your army value and 100% of it. Your opponent does the same. 

Your value: 18285 - 60950

His value: 14175 - 47250

Now, statistically speaking, odds are you're going to do well against his army. Maybe not amazingly well (it's not that big of a difference in number to tell you the truth) but more often than not, better. Unfortunately for you, the luck seems to have been with your opponent in this instance.

Tl;dr - Randomness of battles caused this

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just a question, why 20%? Why not something like 60%? It seems to be that the chance of winning three times is greatly decreased no matter how many people you throw at your enemy. Technically, I could attack somebody with 1k troops using just under 5k troops and get an utter failure. This seems a bit extreme to me, no matter what the actual odds are.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

I think having a degree of randomness and chance is good in war, it would get boring if results were always just a straight comparison of stats between both sides.

• Upvote 1

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~