AtWar - Interested?

Dwynn

So, after a rousing game of AtWar between SAI-40, Doom2, ni431, and myself. We have a winner!

The battle was fierce as we contested over the Europe+ lands. Doom2 set himself square in the middle of SAI-40 and Malone in Germany. Much to Germany's dismay, Greece(SAI-40) and Spain(Malone) teamed up to eliminate his rapid expansion, while England(ni431) expanded across the north into the Netherlands.

In a move that deserve applause, ni431 attempted to come to the aid of Doom2. Sweeping in to France and cutting off a direct line into Germany, England began to make moves to control the menacing Spain. In a shocking move, Greece went into rebellion and went dark (SAI-40 disconnected! :( ) and Spain was left uncertain of what to do.

With the dissolution of the alliance between Spain and Greece, England announced that it would no longer assist Germany and began to continue expansion into Russia. Spain took advantage of this opportunity and continued the assault on Berlin. Berlin put up quite a fight with their militia holding out on the first round of attacks, but fell shortly thereafter.

England continued it's expansion across Russia, while Spain began to focus it's attention elsewhere. After picking up a few of the cities lost to the darkness of rebellion, Span amassed formidable forces and sent them across the channel into London.

Attack after attack came. London fell, only to be retaken by it's former owner. All the while England's army continued to peck away at the rest of Europe hoping to attain a unified Europe. Spain's forces in the end proved relentless and overpowered England just long enough to steal away the capital.

It was a hard fought battle that shed much blood. While England had begun to seize control of land elsewhere, it seemed to have forgotten to tend to it's roots and the mighty tree toppled.

zgsQcbM.png

Link to full recap screen: http://i.imgur.com/4b0tRe0.png

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Ok, with the recap out of the way, here's the purpose for the thread.

I'd like to start a full world AtWar game with casual timer. I'd like to use the full world map, 24 hr turn timer (so people can play when is convenient for them each day). We can keep tabs on what happens and have a recap/news thread.  I'm not sure how many players would be appropriate for a full world map though, since I'm still fairly new at the game.

So, who's interested?

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

I'd like to start a full world AtWar game with casual timer. I'd like to use the full world map, 24 hr turn timer (so people can play when is convenient for them each day). We can keep tabs on what happens and have a recap/news thread. I'm not sure how many players would be appropriate for a full world map though, since I'm still fairly new at the game.

So, who's interested?

I would like to try it :-) Edited by Destroyer

oNAK6.png

Your ranks are too low for my to play with :P

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Is it possible to spectate? I don't feel like playing myself for now, but I'd love to see how things are going. :)

Aww come on Kurdanak. You sure you dont wanna play? (im looking into it now, looks like you cant spectate) Edited by Doom

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

I was so into the game I didn't even realize my computer was going to go into automatic update. Just when I was about to seize the west from Doom too. :(

I'm totally in though.

Edited by SAI-40

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

I was so into the game I didn't even realize my computer was going to go into automatic update. Just when I was about to seize the west from Doom too. :(

I'm totally in though.

Dont worry, you quitting didnt stop my death, just stalled it for a few turns :P

Edited by Doom

All hail Irken

All hail the Tallest!

Nice, I could have lasted longer if I wasn't Germany and you guys didn't team on me :(. Anyways great game!

Im in. The Germany Empire needs revenge!

Germany Imp or IF is good. Check the forums, there is a cool expansion for imp Germany, and with a lil mending should be able to use in a classic 3v3

I'd like to start a full world AtWar game with casual timer. I'd like to use the full world map, 24 hr turn timer (so people can play when is convenient for them each day). We can keep tabs on what happens and have a recap/news thread.  I'm not sure how many players would be appropriate for a full world map though, since I'm still fairly new at the game.

So, who's interested?

20 players, but you may want to consider playing a scenario. Try GGG by Adog. Or Ultimate WW2 by Tik-Tok. War To End All Wars by Aetius and Pyhrus.

But whatever you do DO NOT PLAY RP. Or atleast Tempted's/Rias Gremory's RP. Play Adog's ATLEAST

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads up on those scenarios.

Say, you may wanna try United Nations (just search for UN).

Here's how it works:

There are 2 players, called UN1 and UN2. Un2 usually governs The Americas and Europe, UN1 governs Asia.

To war you must wait until turn 3 (can be changed but reccomend turn 3) and type in chat your declaration and reason

UN must accept, when he accepts the war goes on next turn. UN can say weather nukes should be allowed. Or allied intervention.

I reccomend Adogs UN (search for ''adog'') but you might get some lag and need long turns. Alternaviley you can try C&C, by the creators of the first UN in AFterwin but it has less stuff and more lazy.

never played but sounds fun. I would like to try.

Remember to almost always use Perfect Defence in your first games, especially in default maps. PD is very strong yet you start with it. In fact it compares to preminium strats (strategies)

• 2 weeks later...

I suck at it, but I'll join. 

You have an ultra powerful ''strategy'' that you start with and can be better than the strats you can buy, It's called Perfect Defence. Spam infantry, maybe a tank here and there.

Who are you btw? You should join a training clan, like Bactria.

Edited by Pwnius Scrubius

You have an ultra powerful ''strategy'' that you start with and can be better than the strats you can buy, It's called Perfect Defence. Spam infantry, maybe a tank here and there.

Who are you btw?

You should join a training clan, like Bactria.

What about helicopters? I got them from liking AtWar on FakeBook with a fake account. 

WISD0MTREE, I'm pretty sure. 

I don't play enough to know any clans. That's why I suck. I can tell I'm getting better, though... 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png