Military Training and Research

Jefferson Davis III

Here is one Idea for you. Military Training and research. We all know that in the real world, one military is not exactly like the other. The U.S. Military has extremely good Training with special forces and elite troops, they also have some of the best military tech available. While an African militia force would simply be armed with ak-47s and old, out of date soviet weapons, and have little to no training what so ever. Why shouldn't this aspect be added into the game. Instead of just having numbers against numbers, there is no strategy there, just who has the biggest army. I think that this is making some players lose interest and leave the game, and not allowing the game to expand as fast as it could.

Here is my Idea in detail;

first;

National projects- two national projects should be added. 1 is "commander and Chief" this project gives greater control over military forces, and improves the performance of all military units by 10%. 2 is "JSOC" Joint Special Operations Command allows you to train special forces infantry which are 150% more effective than normal military but are much more expensive and demand 3 times as much space as normal infantry. meaning you can only train 1,000 special for 1 barracks instead of 3000 troops for the same space.

Second

Improvements- Two improvements need to be added to the military section. 1st is the "Army Training Camp" this improves the performance of infantry and special forces by 1% for every camp. You can build up to 2 camps per city. 2nd is the "Military research center" This facility improves the armor used on your tanks and the techknowlogy used in your targeting systems and planes and ships. This facility increases the effectivenes of you tanks by 0.5%, your planes by 1%, your ships by 2% and your missiles by 5%. You build up to 1 facility per city.

"Head-shots for days"

I don't want to make this a huge game where everyone forgets the political aspect of the game, but the military aspect is the main draw to alot of new players, like me. I found the game while looking for a good war game, and I eventually fell in love with the political aspect. But I am still disappoiinted with the military aspect of the game. And I want to see the game grow. I think this is a good idea but I welcome critism and if you think something should be tweaked, then say so. thank you.

Jefferson Davis

Brotherhood of Steel

"Head-shots for days"

A suggestion to include perks in the game was made a while ago. It's a nice idea but then it might make people spend more on their military, if we had to add methods of improving military we would need methods of improving other things so I prefer the perk idea.

105px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Polish_Crown.s

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!

if they require 3x more space with only 150% more power they are worse than normal soldiers :D

Yeah, if one were to do something like that, I'd reverse it: 3x more powerful, and take up 150% as much space, and more expensive.

hxvRjGK.jpg

I think its a good idea. However, it's pretty compilcated and it would require way more money andd resources to support that, as last187 said. it would cost way more. But its still a good idea and I hope something like this will come up. :)

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

This doesn't solve the problem it purports to solve.

If the issue is that you object to war being simply a matter of comparing numbers, simply adding a new set of numbers is an inadequate solution.

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Maybe if units had experience that was lost when more were added, and gained in battle or in training(training costs more money).

This game is starting to sound like Clash of Clans. That would still be very complicated Aisha, This game does'nt need to be CoC

Edited by Morgan Fraser

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

• 2 weeks later...

numbers to numbers isn't how war works, countless battles are won with small forces because those forces were A. in better positions B. Better trained C. better equipped or D. any combination. Maybe if there was a military guide where you could choose what kind of weapons your military used and they would work better or worse for opponents on different continents. and be able to train units more complexly.

"Head-shots for days"

numbers to numbers isn't how war works

Huh, and here I thought the World Wars were won by the larger side, not the ones with a better K/D ratio

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe if units had experience that was lost when more were added, and gained in battle or in training(training costs more money).

That sounds similar to Cybernation's general system.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

This game does have strategy though. Different units are effective against other units, sort of like an advanced version of Rock-Paper-Scissors. It isn't so much about numbers, but how you use them. Your enemy driving you back with tanks? Hit them from the sky. Your enemy having a really easy time getting resources to build his units back up? Hit him with your navy. I don't think that just throwing in more numbers solves anything, it just complicates things. And I hate complication.

59a.gif

"They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.

But what's the real cost? ‘Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper.

Why are we still paying so much for sneakers when you got them made by little slave kids?

What are your overheads?"

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind, I would suggest something similar to this:

Have two types of soldiers, just normal Soldiers and Veteran Soldiers. When you buy soldiers they're just normal, but the more battles a soldier is involved without dying the higher chances they'll become a Veteran Soldier, who fights twice as good as a regular one. It's simple.

• Upvote 1

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

Have two types of soldiers, just normal Soldiers and Veteran Soldiers. When you buy soldiers they're just normal, but the more battles a soldier is involved without dying the higher chances they'll become a Veteran Soldier, who fights twice as good as a regular one. It's simple.

What about special operation soldiers? Veteran simply means more experienced and not always better. 

Modern veteran soldiers are better at being unfit for combat than fighting more efficiently. This is an unnecessary complication.

• Upvote 1

OK, wrong word, Experienced Soldiers then?

Democratic Republic of Koprivshtitsa (DRK; Bulgarian: Demokraticheska republika Koprivshtitsa)

Communist Party of Koprivshtitsa (CPK; Komunisticheska partiya na Koprivshtitsa (KPK))

Member-state of the Green Protection Agency

~Peace and Fraternity Between All Nations~

OK, wrong word, Experienced Soldiers then?

That would work. But I personally believe it would be more interesting to have standard soldiers and special operations soldiers (advanced soldiers) and marines (naval warfare soldiers). 

I've suggested this a number of times and it never received any actual feedback other than Sheepy saying "!@#$ you."

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Maybe technology research, or different levels of equipment that can be equipped with military troops tanks ships etc.

8742143.png?170

Concilium Populusque Mandalórus ("The Council and the People of Mandalore")

: Carter and me have nukes, and Saxplayer is just sassy