Well played, Cornshuckers. Maybe we should have a spelling contest.

John Henry Holliday

I still don't get why anyone cares about aggressive vs defensive.  Dead bodies are dead bodies.  Wrecked cities are wrecked cities.

Something to argue about I guess.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I still don't get why anyone cares about aggressive vs defensive.  Dead bodies are dead bodies.  Wrecked cities are wrecked cities.

People need someone to blame. Honestly, I haven't replied to this since I'm more focused on rebuilding and winning wars than passing blame today.

Empire of Spades

Rose

Guardian

Rose
Minister of War
"I'm your huckleberry"

I still don't get why anyone cares about aggressive vs defensive. Dead bodies are dead bodies. Wrecked cities are wrecked cities.

It's funny, cuz the only thing that's clear here is That eos tried and failed miserably.

• Upvote 1

It's funny, cuz the only thing that's clear here is That eos tried and failed miserably.

EoS, UPN, and DEIC were going to declare war together; however, TAC militarized quicker than UPN and DEIC. If TAC wanted to, assuming that they knew TC was going to be involved anyway, they could have pre-empted the bloc which would have resulted in greater damages to the bloc than already observed. To distract TAC while UPN and DEIC militarized, EoS declared war. Of course, you may say that EoS failed miserably, but our objective was simply to distract TAC while UPN and DEIC militarized. From my perspective, EoS succeeded in our goal, but you are free to hold a different opinion. Anyhow, if you paid the slightest bit of attention to the war, EoS was marginally winning in the lower and middle tiers, while TAC was winning in the upper tiers. Nonetheless, your comment lacked substance, so I fell for your comment; congrats.

Edited by Casey
  • Upvote 1

FN4ZiQL.png

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun de Menschen das gleiche."

"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

EoS, UPN, and DEIC were going to declare war together; however, TAC militarized quicker than UPN and DEIC. If TAC wanted to, assuming that they knew TC was going to be involved anyway, they could have pre-empted the bloc which would have resulted in greater damages to the bloc than already observed. To distract TAC while UPN and DEIC militarized, EoS declared war. Of course, you may say that EoS failed miserably, but our objective was simply to distract TAC while UPN and DEIC militarized. From my perspective, EoS succeeded in our goal, but you are free to hold a different opinion. Anyhow, if you paid the slightest bit of attention to the war, EoS was marginally winning in the lower and middle tiers, while TAC was winning in the upper tiers. Nonetheless, your comment lacked substance, so I fell for your comment; congrats.

So what you are telling me is that you could have just not declared war and waited until you had all militarized? You do realize that if you had all declared at once you would have rolled them worse than you did, and wouldn't have had nearly as many causalities.  That is like me taking one of those eat this massive burger in an hour contest with your friends, then having my friends start to eat it 30 minutes in, it's ridiculous.  The point is you didn't need a distraction.  If you had either all militarized at the same time or just waited until y'all had finished then you could have three times the rolling with a fraction of the damage.  I personally think that you are playing your cards right into GPA's hands.

Edited by Otto von Bismarck
  • Upvote 1

250px-LandofConfusionscreenshot1.JPG

Genesis, best band NA

Another dummie comment from a dumb leader. Is such a shame, you planned to roll The Atlas Confederacy in order to regain the top rank and ended getting rolled yourself.

Edited by Bernard1
  • Upvote 1

Otto is exactly right, Casey is just making stuff up to make eos sound better. Its clear at the beginning a) they didn't intend to come in and B) eos did not expect tac to be so ready for them. They were forced to come in to help eos otherwise they'd have looked like a pointless bloc. If eos had been successful and had the upper had the rest of them would never have come in.

• Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png

Otto is exactly right, Casey is just making stuff up to make eos sound better. Its clear at the beginning a) they didn't intend to come in and B) eos did not expect tac to be so ready for them. They were forced to come in to help eos otherwise they'd have looked like a pointless bloc. If eos had been successful and had the upper had the rest of them would never have come in.

Yes, i can confirm no such plan existed.

Edited by Bernard1

Yea...no...

A real distraction would have been somethimg like having Hereno's alliance declare on TSG or TEst. Then have the purples come in all at once as a counter to the response...this is nothing more than biting off more than one can chew

• Upvote 1

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png

Yes, i can confirm no such plan existed.

Bernard, you can't confirm !@#$. You were not a member of government involved with the bloc on IRC. It was the plan, and I thought we were going to be coming in on the day UPN did; the plan changed.

If eos had been successful and had the upper had the rest of them would never have come in.

EoS could never have been successful on its own. Looking at the scores before the war, it's obvious that TAC had the upper-hand. Think about it. Why would the number two alliance, who had only three a few large nations, intentionally attack before having any military built up? There is no logical reason if you think this was an isolated war. You would also have to think, "Why wouldn't they ask for peace after the first day of hostilities?" This is where any arguments of "pride" fails. If EoS intended to war alone, and pride kept them from asking for peace, then why would they swallow their pride to ask allies for help? If emotions weren't the reason for this, you have to fall back to logic. That means it was part of the plan from the word go.

Is such a shame, you planned to roll The Atlas Confederacy in order to regain the top rank and ended getting rolled yourself.

See the comment above.

So what you are telling me is that you could have just not declared war and waited until you had all militarized? You do realize that if you had all declared at once you would have rolled them worse than you did, and wouldn't have had nearly as many causalities.

Yes, we could have waited. On the second point, I just do as I'm told. Unfortunately, everything went to hell; the "jump the gun" wars and TAC decalaring meant that we had to commit to it. If TAC hadn't pre-empted the pre-empt, we probably would have cancelled for the night and built up more the next day per the original plan. It didn't happen.

I'm not MoFA, so I'm just going to sit here for a bit to watch.

• Upvote 1

Empire of Spades

Rose

Guardian

Rose
Minister of War
"I'm your huckleberry"

Ah, !@#$ it. You shouldn't have said anything at all, there is no reason to tell them what they want to hear, even in the interest of disinformation. And while I hate outright telling people things, I may have been a bit to obvious in some of my comments as I've heard a bit of rumors.

The war was not meant to be isolated, in fact, I abhor curbstomps. Several people consistently commenting that UPN/DEIC had to rescue EoS know damn well why we entered late. TSG and TEst ruined my fun by not militarizing. Although, to be fair, I was not really that surprised to see TSG !@#$ out. I was shocked that TEst, who consider themselves a warring alliance as far as I can tell, refused to enter. All this crap from TAC's allies make me wish Poison Clan was still around, they would let me have some fun.

EDIT: Thanks shelly, now the cat word is censored :(

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The war was not meant to be isolated, in fact, I abhor curbstomps. Several people consistently commenting that UPN/DEIC had to rescue EoS know damn well why we entered late. TSG and TEst ruined my fun by not militarizing. Although, to be fair, I was not really that surprised to see TSG !@#$ out. I was shocked that TEst, who consider themselves a warring alliance as far as I can tell, refused to enter. All this crap from TAC's allies make me wish Poison Clan was still around, they would let me have some fun.

EDIT: Thanks shelly, now the cat word is censored :(

And that is the exact reason we didn't join.  'Cause !@#$ your fun.

• Upvote 1

250px-LandofConfusionscreenshot1.JPG

Genesis, best band NA

Why the heck are we still arguing about this? It's become stupid now.

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

Better to argue about that then to argue about the size of TAC's cornhole growing exponentially from the pounding its getting.

I mean, its gotta be getting pretty loose.  I hear there are good reconstructive surgeons though.

Duke of House Greyjoy

i choose to believe that you actually believe this, because it makes this thread more amusing for me

• Upvote 2

I like this war. :D

1. I declare war on 3 people and destroy them

2. Wreck their military and start bombing infra

3. Declare war on someone else to help muh eos bro

4. Get attacked by someone

5. Eliminate those two guys' militaries and start bombing the cities

6. Forget about food and almost have my troops starve to death

Edited by WISD0MTREE

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

WISD0MTREE, I'll always have food for sale. Just give me a shout whenever, and I'll put something up on the global market. You'll never go hungry again!

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

Bernard, you can't confirm !@#$. You were not a member of government involved with the bloc on IRC. It was the plan, and I thought we were going to be coming in on the day UPN did; the plan changed.

EoS could never have been successful on its own. Looking at the scores before the war, it's obvious that TAC had the upper-hand. Think about it. Why would the number two alliance, who had only three a few large nations, intentionally attack before having any military built up? There is no logical reason if you think this was an isolated war. You would also have to think, "Why wouldn't they ask for peace after the first day of hostilities?" This is where any arguments of "pride" fails. If EoS intended to war alone, and pride kept them from asking for peace, then why would they swallow their pride to ask allies for help? If emotions weren't the reason for this, you have to fall back to logic. That means it was part of the plan from the word go.

See the comment above.

Yes, we could have waited. On the second point, I just do as I'm told. Unfortunately, everything went to hell; the "jump the gun" wars and TAC decalaring meant that we had to commit to it. If TAC hadn't pre-empted the pre-empt, we probably would have cancelled for the night and built up more the next day per the original plan. It didn't happen.

I'm not MoFA, so I'm just going to sit here for a bit to watch.

I am not in the government? Cyradis seems to think otherwise in those posting in EoS forum through. Please continue shooting yourself in the foot.

I am not in the government? Cyradis seems to think otherwise in those posting in EoS forum through. Please continue shooting yourself in the foot.

High government, rather.

Thank you for pointing out my error.

Empire of Spades

Rose

Guardian

Rose
Minister of War
"I'm your huckleberry"

I like this war. :D

1. I declare war on 3 people and destroy them

2. Wreck their military and start bombing infra

3. Declare war on someone else to help muh eos bro

4. Get attacked by someone

5. Eliminate those two guys' militaries and start bombing the cities

6. Forget about food and almost have my troops starve to death

You're living life in the fast lane, and life's been good to you so far.

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

I was shocked that TEst, who consider themselves a warring alliance as far as I can tell, refused to enter. 

"My reward exists nowhere on this mortal plane. Instead, my everlasting reward lies in the Warp." - Talien Meers

You believe we dance to the tunes of others, when it is the will of the Dark Gods that guides the blessed path of Terminus Est?  What matter is it whether or not we march to war when all war is but an offering to Chaos?  Directly or indirectly, the Blood God receives his due.  It is the province of the Chosen to decide whether to be the open hand or the clenched fist, not the predictions of unbelievers.

• Upvote 6

php9BQiIRAM.jpg