App Development

Alex

• Administrators

I'd really like to see an app created (for both android and iOS) that would allow people to more easily play from their phones. It would basically be like a more responsive mobile version of the site, but hopefully with:

1) In-app purchases for donations, it would provide an alternative to paypal

2) Push notifications for when you get new messages in-game

3) It would bring in more players having it easily accessible on their mobile devices

I have no idea how apps are developed. My knowledge is very limited, even in web design and development -- I basically know what I have to know to create and maintain the game.

I'm looking for anyone who knows about making apps that would be interested in helping develop one for PaW. I'm sure everyone in the community would love you. Please contact me by either replying here or in a PM.

Thank you!

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

If you do develop an app could you allow us to purchase donations with itunes money. Because unfortunately I cant donate right now because I don't have a credit card or PayPal account!! But if you were to develop an app more people like me could donate with itunes credit!

Edited by Jazza
airforce.png

What if you don't write an app but just a downscaled mobile site? I mean an ap is, imo, something for interactive games (with moving objects etc), for news, audiovisual content or tools that use smartphone sensors like GPS or tilt sensor. A mobile site, streamlined, pack some menus in spoliers, perhaps an auto-collapsing sidebar and very simple graphics could do well too.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

If you do develop an app could you allow us to purchase donations with itunes money. Because unfortunately I cant donate right now because I don't have a credit card or PayPal account!! But if you were to develop an app more people like me could donate with itunes credit!

Already have it suggested :)

What if you don't write an app but just a downscaled mobile site? I mean an ap is, imo, something for interactive games (with moving objects etc), for news, audiovisual content or tools that use smartphone sensors like GPS or tilt sensor. A mobile site, streamlined, pack some menus in spoliers, perhaps an auto-collapsing sidebar and very simple graphics could do well too.

I considered it, but I think having an app instead would be more beneficial for the reasons I named (that wouldn't apply if it was just better mobile web design)

2) Push notifications for when you get new messages in-game

3) It would bring in more players having it easily accessible on their mobile devices

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

I know how to make a Windows app, but Microsoft doesn't like Indie games that much. :(

I hadn't looked at the Windows mobile OS much because I didn't figure there's a huge mobile market for Windows phones, but if it could be done I don't see why it shouldn't be. I don't know how the Windows App Store works either, do you think they would really not let a P&W app on there?

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

Do we really want to risk flooding the game with casuals? They will all get bored and leave after raiding everyone silly.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Do we really want to risk flooding the game with casuals? They will all get bored and leave after raiding everyone silly.

Yes. 

The current game is boring and with a new influx of players. Some with brains will inevitably stick around and do their own thing, be that raiding or taking part in the global side of the game.

• Upvote 4

App would be a nice thing, I would download it right away.

Sure, influx of casuls would be a problem. But there ought to be some dedicated players that could come out from them.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

• Administrators

I think there's definitely widespread support for an app, now my dilemma is that I have never created an app before, and would have to start from scratch, or pay probably a lot of money to have someone else create it for me.

Forums Rules | Game Link