Scale VIP party to alliance size

Azaghul

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Having a larger member count doesn't mean we become rich in RL because of it. For something cosmetic, defining it on member count seems a petty suggestion.

We're a large alliance too and still suggested it. Should an alliance of 100 and an alliance of 50 both have to pay 30 credits? Doesn't make a lot of sense and it is skewed in favor of larger alliances. Member count is a pretty fair equalizer in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

BrOQBND.jpg

3 hours ago, Nizam Adrienne said:

We're a large alliance too and still suggested it. Should an alliance of 100 and an alliance of 50 both have to pay 30 credits? Doesn't make a lot of sense and it is skewed in favor of larger alliances. Member count is a pretty fair equalizer in my opinion.

Doesn't make a lot of sense that you have to pay at all to get something in my opinion. I get that Alex wants to cover server costs and make a revenue stream from it though, and people won't just do that for nothing in return. In any case you could simply move everyone apart from one person to a new AA get the VIP for the original AA and move the members all back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Elijah Mikaelson
11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Having a larger member count doesn't mean we become rich in RL because of it. For something cosmetic, defining it on member count seems a petty suggestion.

but it does mean you can afford to buy 30 credits from the market at any price you see if.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Doesn't make a lot of sense that you have to pay at all to get something in my opinion. I get that Alex wants to cover server costs and make a revenue stream from it though, and people won't just do that for nothing in return. In any case you could simply move everyone apart from one person to a new AA get the VIP for the original AA and move the members all back. 

I would be more than happy to pay a sub if it truly meant Alex would improve the game and update it a lot quicker

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That's not how the mechanic works:

The VIP Party donation option adds 30 days (360 turns) of VIP status to all members in your alliance that have at least 7 days of alliance seniority. All receiving members will receive a notification that you have purchased a VIP Party which gave them +30 days of VIP status. Applicants are excluded from the VIP Party.

15 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Having a larger member count means you have more members making money in RL to help pay for it, or money in-game to buy the credits on the market.

Part of it too is that if your alliance is under 30 members it would cost less to buy VIP for everyone individually.  This only helps high member count alliances.

• Upvote 1
GnWq7CW.png

On 10/23/2019 at 7:48 PM, Azaghul said:

Part of it too is that if your alliance is under 30 members it would cost less to buy VIP for everyone individually.  This only helps high member count alliances.

And it would last twice as long...

• Upvote 1

BrOQBND.jpg

It's just Capitalism. Alex needs some moneyz from the game, this will encourage more credit purchases. Of course it benefits larger groups more, almost everything does. That's the joy of being a larger group. VIP is purely cosmetic anyway, it doesn't make your nation more productive or your military more effective.

Edited by Mandystalin

11 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

It's just Capitalism. Alex needs some moneyz from the game, this will encourage more credit purchases. Of course it benefits larger groups more, almost everything does. That's the joy of being a larger group. VIP is purely cosmetic anyway, it doesn't make your nation more productive or your military more effective.

If it's scaled properly it'd lead to more credit purchases:

It would make large alliances pay more, selling more credits.

It would give small alliances a reason to take advantage of it, right now they don't have any reason to.

Edited by Azaghul
GnWq7CW.png

One way to do it that is maybe easier to code would be to make the cost the same but the number of days of VIPs each purchase adds would scale up or down depending on number of people.

For example: 10 Credits = 1800 total days of VIP (3 times an individual donation) = 21600 turns.  An alliance with 100 eligible members: Turns of VIP added per eligible member = 21600/100 = 216 turns (18 days).

Edited by Azaghul
GnWq7CW.png

3 hours ago, Azaghul said:

If it's scaled properly it'd lead to more credit purchases:

It would make large alliances pay more, selling more credits.

It would give small alliances a reason to take advantage of it, right now they don't have any reason to.

'Properly' is the nub. It is a delicate balance between a deal that isn't good enough to bother with for a purely cosmetic upgrade and a deal that is too good to actually benefit Alex. IMO with the current deal there is at least a high chance that big alliances will jump on it, almost guaranteeing sales.

5 hours ago, Mandystalin said:

'Properly' is the nub. It is a delicate balance between a deal that isn't good enough to bother with for a purely cosmetic upgrade and a deal that is too good to actually benefit Alex. IMO with the current deal there is at least a high chance that big alliances will jump on it, almost guaranteeing sales.

And there is no chance that any alliance outside of the top 10 in members will get it.  Why not try to make it a decent deal for every alliance?

Edited by Azaghul
  • Like 1
GnWq7CW.png