Trade Prices Meltdown

McMelvin

I'm not sure if this is the right place but anyone else notice the flat lining prices on the global market? When you go threw it, it seems as if almost every commodity is getting cheaper.

Sorry I wrote in such a large font, I was trying out the little gadgets.

• Administrators

It seems there's more supply than demand in the resources you're looking at. More and more folks will post offers selling resources, undercutting the next lowest offer so there's will get sold faster, meanwhile there's not enough people buying the resources to drive the prices up.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

So buy some stuff, man! My people are living the life of luxury with all these cheap foreign goods. Thank god for our wise leader who led our nation to a service, banking, and technology economy. Sweat away in your factories to provide my nation with their consumer paradise.

• Upvote 2

So basically what people need to realize is that selling something that is normally $1100+ at $700 doesnt help ANYONE.

All it does is kill prices.

/minirant

• Upvote 1

[22:36:30]  <&CMDR_Adama>  I want to be spanked.

XglZlQC.jpg

Well maybe exporters should refrain from posting new offers so the prices can go up and we can have some decent prices because I think I can get more than $1300 for steel and $180 from iron, which after some math means you loose money for every ton you sell...

In other words, people, build up on raw resources, don't sell anything else, and wait until like Thursday to start selling stuff for better price.

Trust me, once folks have more cash on hand, they'll start needing the aluminum and steel to start building their banks, malls and stadiums. Also once more folks have grown and more conflicts start springing up, the need for steel, gas, munitions and aluminum will climd as folks start building their militaries up. It will happen, not sure when, but it will happen.

Edited by Coach

X4EfkAB.png

there's not enough people buying the resources to drive the prices up.

I'm trying, I'm trying!

Food is pretty expensive by the way, go ahead and produce as much food as you can, you will make the big bucks.

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

don't worry, let the market mechanisme run its way. if u don't like the low prices now, simple solution, don't sell your items , hold on to you. wait till it hit the level u desire then u may offer to sell it...why force others not to sell just bcos u think the price should be higher?

First major war, and you'll see the munitions, gas, steel, and aluminum market get rushed. The hippies will make a killing while the rest of us murder each other.

Hopefully, it'll only be a year...not two years before this happens.

Maybe the donation bonuses will boost the economy. Either way, if shit is too cheap, don't produce it or don't sell it. Buy it. Or wait.

No one's twisting anybody's arm to make bad decisions.

it seems everyone is focusing on building up their nation, rushing for the cities, a few nation already got their 3rd but majority is still on 2nd. so I don't think any alliance war will happen , not in the next month or 2 . what probably happen now and then is some raiders will raid here and there hoping to find gold mine but is hard to locate as money is really drying up....oh I must be missing the speed round a lot....money every 10 minutes :P

• 2 months later...

(a bit of a gravedig, my apologies, but it still holds kinda true now)

Needs more people willing to play both buy and sell sides to keep the markets fluid, lol.

But seriously, just not enough cash and resources are at way too high levels from war and now are coming back down to reality.  But not one wants to put in buys that are higher than pre-war levels.

I know for me it was much easier to buy stuff than sell it, so I'm being cautious.

Edited by Placentica

I mean, I would argue that prices are inflated.  I can produce food for 11 dollars per unit and then sell it for... almost fifteen times that amount.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

I mean, I would argue that prices are inflated.  I can produce food for 11 dollars per unit and then sell it for... almost fifteen times that amount.

$150 is quite high, but it was pushing $100 pre-war and $75 was a steal.

What will make the markets interesting is there does come a time when it's actually better to buy most of these things, followed by a time when you should produce everything because you have so many slots after you hit 100% commerce.  But that inbetween period should make a good market for everyone.

Mercantilism Simulator Politics and War seems to be notorious for this market fluctuation. It is mainly caused because there is no mechanic for corporations, so instead every single nation can chip in their seemingly infinite amount of resources and not care about how it affects the market.

• Upvote 1

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

$150 is quite high, but it was pushing $100 pre-war and $75 was a steal.

What will make the markets interesting is there does come a time when it's actually better to buy most of these things, followed by a time when you should produce everything because you have so many slots after you hit 100% commerce.  But that inbetween period should make a good market for everyone.

That just seems weird to me.

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc