Market Prices

Afya

http://politicsandwar.com/index.php?id=26&display=world&resource1=oil&buysell=buy&ob=price&od=ASC&maximum=10&minimum=0&search=Go

I don't think anyone is going to sell 9000+ units of oil for $0.

This seems like an inefficient waste of space in a public market.

PicsArt_1407833397607_zpsfunr9x0a.png

If people are stupid enough to fall for it, why not?

Because it is a waste of useable space. If I want to see lowest to highest offers, I don't want to scroll through pages of nothing to find something. :)

PicsArt_1407833397607_zpsfunr9x0a.png

If people are stupid enough to fall for it, why not?

It's basically preying on new people and hoping they misclick. It's slimy, but I guess that is to be expected from this community.

• Administrators

I'll remove the ability to trade for $0 on the global market, but even then people will just try with $1. And if I get rid of $1, they'll go to $2... there's not a lot we can do.

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

I'll remove the ability to trade for $0 on the global market, but even then people will just try with $1. And if I get rid of $1, they'll go to $2... there's not a lot we can do.

You can reinstate the average trade price restrictions for global offers. The game's been running for a few days and the current average prices accurately reflect supply and demand. Although it'll annoy the scammers, you should also delete the trade offers that currently fall outside the restrictions.

6hu5nt.jpg

• Administrators

You can reinstate the average trade price restrictions for global offers. The game's been running for a few days and the current average prices accurately reflect supply and demand. Although it'll annoy the scammers, you should also delete the trade offers that currently fall outside the restrictions.

People get pretty upset when I do that, and it's also really easy to manipulate the average price.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

People get pretty upset when I do that, and it's also really easy to manipulate the average price.

Can confirm, during alpha certain "individuals" caused the average price for food to go from a little under 100 to ~4000. They also caused steel to fall to the low 100's

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Can confirm, during alpha certain "individuals" caused the average price for food to go from a little under 100 to ~4000. They also caused steel to fall to the low 100's

*Cough* you *cough*

But yeah it's easy to change that, and really, does sheepy need to hold our hands for everything? We're big boys and girls, we don't need every little thing coded in to make sure nobody makes any mistakes. Someone sells a little bit of food for free, the world won't end.

Edited by Shellhound

uHQTKq6.png

I have seen some one selling 1 food for $10000

Then don't buy it

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Administrators

Having the ability to set low prices or 0 for personal trades is needed for sending aid, or is there another way to send aid?

You can send personal trades at $0 (how people send aid) just not on the global market. Personal or alliance trades do not have this restriction.

Forums Rules | Game Link