Splinting warns into two categorys

Ayayay

Warns are being dished out too lightly. We aren't perfect and sometime people use OoC words in IC and they shouldn't get a warn just for a small mistake. I know some forums have a "major" and "Minor" category where minor things would auto disappear after a bit but major things would take far longer. Might be prudent to switch to a system like that. OoC comments in the IC area? Minor violation. Praising Hitler and posting NSFW content? Major infraction. All violations are not equal and it would be a step in the right direction to split it so as to not be so harsh on the users.

In fact, I think some major things deserve more than 1 point. I remember a while back when the BLOCheads appeared and some guy kept posting white supremacy propaganda and the content would only be locked. Things like that should not be tolerated and should be an automatic ban.

At the same time, is saying the word "game" a few times in the IC forums deserving of a ban? I think not.

I'm not advocating pure leniency and a Laissez-faire approach, but the rules clearly need to be revamped so the people that actually contribute positively to the forums are not punished just as harshly as a neo-!@#$.

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

What's the point in even trying? The moderation team ( or one over pedantic individual ) has made it clear that they aren't accepting any debate of the rules... even though they are *supposedly* here to serve our interests.  The rules are clearly set in stone, and our opinions simply don't matter. Great precedent set by the moderator.

Edited by Saru
  • Upvote 2

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Can we just get rid of the OOC-IC !@#$. I mean, what the !@#$s the point. We're not massive roleplayers, this isn't Nationstate's; it's just !@#$ing stupid. So what if I say game instead of Orbis? Does it matter? Who's getting so butthurt over that that we need a rule to protect against it?

Edited by Shellhound
  • Upvote 1

uHQTKq6.png

Can we just get rid of the OOC-IC !@#$. I mean, what the !@#$s the point. We're not massive roleplayers, this isn't Nationstate's; it's just !@#$ing stupid. So what if I say game instead of Orbis? Does it matter? Who's getting so butthurt over that that we need a rule to protect against it?

This brings up a good point. Does anyone actually report it, cause it seems like only the mod is complaining about it. Locking a thread for going off topic, but does anyone actually care about ooc-ic unless it gets really out of hand?

Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

Examples on when and when not to warn for OOC-IC shit

Do warn:

"Well that's why your wife left you !@#$got"

"I'm glad your dog died"

Do not warn:

"I really love this game"

"Our forums are messed up"

"You said on IRC that...."

• Upvote 2

uHQTKq6.png

I hate to mention another game, but Project Terra handled the IC/OOC line very easily by changing it to In Game/Out of Game. We debated the rules quite a bit. This allowed for people to say game/forums/irc because it had to do with the game, while leaving out the non-game references.

• Upvote 3

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

I think Ragnar might have reported it, not sure though.

Even if Ragnar reports our nip slips that's one person out of say 50 who read those threads, it should take a variety of people (say Lamb Jodo wisdom and casey)  reporting OOC slips not one person. Unless it was Sheepy then we'd have to cut the crap or leave. 

oh, is there an auto censorer?

Yep, saves my ass a lot.

• Upvote 1
Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

Even if Ragnar reports our nip slips that's one person out of say 50 who read those threads, it should take a variety of people (say Lamb Jodo wisdom and casey)  reporting OOC slips not one person. Unless it was Sheepy then we'd have to cut the crap or leave. 

Relevance! 

Anyways, in another game there is just "Global Affairs" where people post in a mix of IC and OOC. It works out well, since mostly everyone knows what they are talking about. Then we have an area for RP that is for "Embassies" which is posted in, but not as much as everything else. 

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I hate to mention another game, but Project Terra handled the IC/OOC line very easily by changing it to In Game/Out of Game. We debated the rules quite a bit. This allowed for people to say game/forums/irc because it had to do with the game, while leaving out the non-game references.

This seems like the most logical suggestion.  I'll run it by Sheepy.

ruvwf3L.png

"You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before.

All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get."