Are you serious right now?

A-Dean-G

I just wanted to play the game, but now I have this compelling feeling that I should at least attempt intelligent representation.

Obviously, I don't want to incite any flaming, so I'll follow the format with a few exceptions.

On this post I shall teach all about Christianity
If You have something rude to say about the true religion this is NOT the place*
No shit posting**
This is not a debate thread*** 

*there is a time and place for everything. The admins will decide that.

**Don't post shit that would anger an admin. Be respectful. If you're not respectful, don't be here.

***This is a debate† thread.

†debate shall henceforth be known as discussion for the remainder of this thread so long as its tone is in regard to respectful representation and constructive conversation.

Edited by inedibleedible
  • Upvote 1

i think i've met like like a total of twenty people between (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and PW who i didn't consider mentally broken

Well, obviously the word debate is useless in a discussion if that's the way the boards are set up.

Like I said, I am not inciting flaming, but there is clear room for discussion/debate. There has to be, no? At the same time, this discussion as it were is guided by a single topic and speaker. 

I was under the impression that this was how it worked..?

i think i've met like like a total of twenty people between (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) and PW who i didn't consider mentally broken

I just wanted to play the game, but now I have this compelling feeling that I should at least attempt intelligent representation.

Obviously, I don't want to incite any flaming, so I'll follow the format with a few exceptions.

On this post I shall teach all about Christianity

If You have something rude to say about the true religion this is NOT the place*

No shit posting**

This is not a debate thread*** 

*there is a time and place for everything. The admins will decide that.

**Don't post shit that would anger an admin. Be respectful. If you're not respectful, don't be here.

***This is a debate† thread.

†debate shall henceforth be known as discussion for the remainder of this thread so long as its tone is in regard to respectful representation and constructive conversation.

It's less of a format and more of me roasting Abu Haddad, but if this becomes a meme I'll be pretty happy. Anyone else want to take up the mantle? Jews? Hindus? Satanists?

• Upvote 1

That'd be stellar. How exactly did you roast him?

That'd be stellar. How exactly did you roast him?

Put an Apple in his mouth, stick him on a spit and turn him over a fire for 10 hours......then pore apple sauce over the tender meat you have produced.

Edited by Rob Ap Ioan

Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest

Why does God pull a 180 when Jesus comes and then flips another 180 in Revelations? 

Why wasn't the book of Fox Fire added to the Bible but books from unknown sources and authors were?

Why is the Trinity such made up bullcrap? 

Why don't you believe this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Cv5hZfOmk

He seems pretty convincing to me. I'm sure he's the real deal.  :v

Why exactly is Satan evil? What evil things has he done?

Edited by Fox Fire

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

Why does God pull a 180 when Jesus comes and then flips another 180 in Revelations?

"Abdul did not defend himself, but instead turned 360 degrees and smiled at him. Vaclav, clearly confused by this sort of behaviour which was new to him, gave up trying to fight Abdul. He asked how he could accept Dio  into his heart."

-Book of Dio, Chapter 11

AMEN

• Upvote 2

-signature removed for rules violation-

Well, the 180s seem suspicious and erratic, but they're actually plainly spelled out. Even in the book of Jonah, God shows compassion that would later be embodied as Christ. It's in fact a great example of consistency with the God of hope.

Why wasn't the book of Fox Fire added to the Bible but books from unknown sources and authors were?

For the same reason the Syraic Scrolls, Book of Thomas, etc. weren't added. The books that are "canonized" so to speak may not have had exact dates and sources, but the books were long traditionalists which does not therefore make them infallible, but it points to the meticulous archival of the writers and keepers of the scripture. In fact, the monks were so meticulous, they were killed by their own religious hubris a la the parasites in their poo-water. The scripture is really plain as day at face value and gets complicated only when judged and scrambled like popular things are wont to be.

Why is the Trinity such made up badonkadonk squeezins?

Because some people still believe in a pre-trib rapture, sacrifices for God, and a throne of gold is a good idea when there are starving and impoverished men and women out in this world. People do what they want. They just damn do. There are good points to be made for every angle of this controversy, but in the scripture it says two seemingly conflicting things that actually play very well and even vindicate one another. The first example is the first verse in John 2 or even of Baa-ism. In the beginning the word was with God and the word was God. Then, in Revelations we have mention of God "pouring out the Holy Spirit" which seems to indicate a differentiation in between the two thus shattering the trinity. However, and as much as I hate to be lewd about this, haven you even been a bijjez buttah? If you control you, you can do what you want. The reason the scripture is written on paper and spoken through voice is because the word is a living, breathing, fluid mechanism that is quite literally the written rhythm of time. It's simple and pleasantly paced and it ends on a strong note, but forgive my ignorant poeticism. My point is this: there is God, The Christ, The Spirit, and there are forces of nature beneath them. Call it a unity or a trinity, or whatever you call it, just know in your heart what it actually is. Words are arbitrary.

Why don't you believe this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Cv5hZfOmk

'cause YouTube

He seems pretty convincing to me. I'm sure he's the real deal.  :v

I don't really care what anyone has to say until the four corners do or don't peel back.

Why exactly is Satan evil? What evil things has he done?

Satan is that little voice in your head that offers you things it does not own. It is the voice that deceives you into peaceful sleep while it puts yourself in battles against your own fractured mind. Satan teaches critical thinking only so Satan could further manipulate an animal with free will and strong fight-or-flight instincts. Critical thinking is a curse because we are not fit to judge the world we live in, we are only fit to extrapolate what it has to offer and further ourselves and the growth of our people and world. Satan proves himself as a counterbalance to this acting even as an agent of God himself in the book of Job. Satan isn't evil, he's in the &#33;@#&#036;ing way.

Tl:dr:1) you can't 180 doing zig-zags, silly.

2)people are dum lol

3)people are dum lol

4)YouTube is dum lol

5)Satan isn't "evil"? He's just inefficient.

i think i've met like like a total of twenty people between (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and PW who i didn't consider mentally broken

Put an Apple in his mouth, stick him on a spit and turn him over a fire for 10 hours......then pore apple sauce over the tender meat you have produced.

There are other forums for this kind of thing. We shud meat. lol

• Upvote 1

i think i've met like like a total of twenty people between (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) and PW who i didn't consider mentally broken

Satan is that little voice in your head that offers you things it does not own. It is the voice that deceives you into peaceful sleep while it puts yourself in battles against your own fractured mind. Satan teaches critical thinking only so Satan could further manipulate an animal with free will and strong fight-or-flight instincts. Critical thinking is a curse because we are not fit to judge the world we live in, we are only fit to extrapolate what it has to offer and further ourselves and the growth of our people and world. Satan proves himself as a counterbalance to this acting even as an agent of God himself in the book of Job. Satan isn't evil, he's in the !@#$ way.

Tl:dr:1) you can't 180 doing zig-zags, silly.

2)people are dum lol

3)people are dum lol

4)YouTube is dum lol

5)Satan isn't "evil"? He's just inefficient.

Actually I don't have any voices in my head. And who are you to judge that we are not fit to judge? If not us, the only creatures who understand that concept, the creatures that created the concept, then who? God? So I should let a being that never speaks or shows himself to make judgments about the world around me? I think I would find better results by asking the tree in my front yard for it's infinite wisdom. I mean either way, I'm really just talking to myself.

The bible encourages people to make judgments about their world and society. If we have free will and Satan is an agent of God, then it doesn't even matter what we do. We could worship Satan and still go to heaven. 

Here's my take on Satan:

Good and evil don't exist. Assuming Christianity is true, then Satan to me, seems like a liberator. God, being a total tyrant, not only responsible for countless deaths of various people and animals often for shit reasons, but also selfish, egotistical and maniacal. God intentionally created Eve from Adam so that she could not deny him, because he's obviously not a huge fan of women. Satan offered Eve a gift, the gift of knowledge. The power of true free will and the ability to be independent of her tyrant overlord who would obviously prefer her oppressed.

My favorite part about studying Satanism was learning about Reversed Christianity. It's hard to find legit followers, but the religion in general is Christianity, even using the same exact religious book to justify and promote the exact opposite idea. And it makes sense. The Bible does a phenomenal job of saying God is good and Satan is evil, yet their actions tell a whole different story. And you know what they say, actions speak louder than words.

1. You can try.

2. So is the bible just a bunch of BS?

3. And the Trinity? That one's definitely BS.

4. That guy in the video was even dumber. :v

5. I disagree. I find Satan (or the rejection of religious dogma) to be extremely more efficient. The Church isn't exactly known for progressing society or offering equality. However, rejecting the immoral morals and dogma of religious institutions seems to see societies progress. Meanwhile, religious dogma ruling places like the middle east are keeping their societies decades behind us in numerous ways. 

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

Actually I don't have any voices in my head. And who are you to judge that we are not fit to judge? If not us, the only creatures who understand that concept, the creatures that created the concept, then who? God? So I should let a being that never speaks or shows himself to make judgments about the world around me? I think I would find better results by asking the tree in my front yard for it's infinite wisdom. I mean either way, I'm really just talking to myself.

The bible encourages people to make judgments about their world and society. If we have free will and Satan is an agent of God, then it doesn't even matter what we do. We could worship Satan and still go to heaven. 

Here's my take on Satan:

Good and evil don't exist. Assuming Christianity is true, then Satan to me, seems like a liberator. God, being a total tyrant, not only responsible for countless deaths of various people and animals often for shit reasons, but also selfish, egotistical and maniacal. God intentionally created Eve from Adam so that she could not deny him, because he's obviously not a huge fan of women. Satan offered Eve a gift, the gift of knowledge. The power of true free will and the ability to be independent of her tyrant overlord who would obviously prefer her oppressed.

My favorite part about studying Satanism was learning about Reversed Christianity. It's hard to find legit followers, but the religion in general is Christianity, even using the same exact religious book to justify and promote the exact opposite idea. And it makes sense. The Bible does a phenomenal job of saying God is good and Satan is evil, yet their actions tell a whole different story. And you know what they say, actions speak louder than words.

1. You can try.

2. So is the bible just a bunch of BS?

3. And the Trinity? That one's definitely BS.

4. That guy in the video was even dumber. :v

5. I disagree. I find Satan (or the rejection of religious dogma) to be extremely more efficient. The Church isn't exactly known for progressing society or offering equality. However, rejecting the immoral morals and dogma of religious institutions seems to see societies progress. Meanwhile, religious dogma ruling places like the middle east are keeping their societies decades behind us in numerous ways.

While I admit that I came to the conclusion myself, it had been written in the Bible before and yes o clung to it because i agreed. It is my belief that mankind's capacity for knowledge does not function at the level which our knowledge requires us to, hence the petty breakdowns in communication that lead to massive disasters.

There's a reason it is called faith. You can beg the tree a million years to ease your blight, but there aren't enough epic stories for your brain to fixate on to trigger a religious experience unless you of course have a very active imagination.

Satan is not a liberator. Knowledge is a double edged sword, giving us the ability to pierce the veil, and yet it weighs on our shoulders immensely and fractures us from peaceful relations even among the most pragmatic eschalons of society.

Again, the trinity is an arbitrary Title. Call it Dr. God and the Electric Mayhem for all I care, as long as we agree on what it actually is. And if we don't, I don't really care that way either.

Well, efficiency is hardly a subjective matter in the imperial reality. However, I believe religion allows for something to measure oneself against whether or not they adhere to it strictly or rely on it past adolescence, it is something of a plus in my book 100% of the time, if only because it shows how little some people see themselves next to their book.

You can blame religious dogma, but you can't blame religion. I don't blame crack for my crackheaded cousins. I blame the devil that convinced them to spend their food stamps. I don't blame the Ak-47 for that pile of dead Russians. I blame the John McCane wannabe.

I don't blame Jesus for WBC. I don't know who I should blame for that, but when I do I totally will

It's a real shame that people follow my religion claiming that free will is a gift but using it is the key to hell and eternal damnation. Or that eternal damnation is even eternal. There's a reason there's 1Bajillion denominations for a single deity? People are vitriolic social parasites. All of them all of the time. This isn't even a bad thing, eschewing the negative connotations. People are naturally dependent on patterns and data to reveal themselves or to be extrapolated. We do not look and see. We must search what is directly in front of us for the minutiae we are trying to extract. It's pretty backwards really..

I have a headache and can't look at this screen any longer

Prematurely/comment. I'll be back

Edit: Finishing this comment. 

Let me make this clear, everyone who has ever had a coherent sentient thought has voices in their head. I know this because we use language as a primary means of communication especially with ourselves, therefore the thoughts that take place are "voiced".(and this is coming from someone with actual voices in his head. Eschew the idea of voice being sound and instead let it represent the experience of verbal thought) "Satan" doesn't show pop into people's heads like "Yo, what up?" He takes the form of their very thoughts and allows destructive and extreme thoughts to pressure people into behavior which at times has shown to be surprisingly productive. I mean, the taste of one fruit brought us iPads, Corn, and P&W for better or worse. Yet, every single day people struggle with various moral concepts and balancing emotion and pragmatism. This is why I believe judgment is a curse. It's because we are not fit to judge. We are not fit to judge because we must work backwards down the line to understand something with cyclical nature. We are so tiny and so minute, that the only way we can experience something is to look outward and internalize it and only after it gets through the Rube Goldberg machina that is the human brain do we even begin to take action or make known our thoughts. We exist at a point in time that has no place. We exist in between the future and past and we call it the present arbitrarily separating three things that are one in the same and relative to each observer. Therefore, we are fundamentally wrong for assuming the position of judge. The only reason we do so is because the trees and wallabies won't. The only reason the position is open is because once we proved we no longer desired to have anyone else but the fragile earth-based homunculi that proceed the ones in charge today. This has all become rambling and I'm sure you'll be looking for the tl;dr version if you haven't already. 

tl;dr: There's a lot of compelling arguments on either side, truly. I, for one, am of the opinion that critical thinking is a flaw and would entirely unnecessary if survival wasn't such a high priority (which it wouldn't be if we were sinless which we would be if we didn't judge) Judgment is the original sin. It's the act of taking your data and developing a conclusion based from your own knowledge, of which I think we can all agree humans as a collective have very little. That's kind of the point of the whole thing. We fall from grace so others don't have to. Jesus died for our sins, sure, but so will we, and in place of our payment will be his if we so choose to accept it. It is the perfect example of why you don't disobey an omnipotent, omniscient, and/or omnipresent being that lets you be naked all the time and eat whatever you want.

tl;dr;tl;dr The truth is not that I don't care. It's that the words escape me to the surface of a very deep rum puddle. Happy New years and whatever, guy who disagrees with me. 

Secondary Edit: Added commas

Edited by inedibleedible

what's your favorite book in the bible and why?

It's probably a tie between Genesis, Jonah, Ecclesiastes, and Matthew.

And it's because of the powerful allegories, beautiful poetic justice, succinctly written purpose, and verbose proclamation of a new world order even if that order has yet to come. (respectively)

Genesis is sadly interpreted as an exact detailing of the creation of mankind, which is strange considering that revelations is (often) not regarded the same. I wholeheartedly believe the book to begin with allegories before shifting focus to one family that would go on to be, like, all of the jews or something(still haven't exactly figured that out. I'm a chemist, not a geneticist) Either way, literal or not, it's full of chronicles that detail an amazing shift in the history and projection of the socio-political status of the people it is focused on giving accounts of both their victories and utter failures. 

Jonah is sadly glossed over as "That one with the whale." even though fish is repeatedly written as fish(but again, I'm a chemist, not an etymologist). That being said, I believe this is a true story, and it's not at all hard for me to do that. I would like to point out that the point of the story is not just "Jonah dun goofed, got swallered, and obeyed", but it is also "When those people Jonah preached to repented, they were spared and forgiven even though Jonah asked God to repeatedly smite them all the way to death." 

Ecclesiastes is short, a bit longer than Jonah, but short nevertheless. It covers many subjects and preaches some truths which I find inalienable. There's not much else to say about it other than that this was the book that really drew me in, even though I grew up raised Christian, secretly Muslim, with a redneck father, a pentecostal grandfather, and a mother who was "spiritual".

Matthew is just the most verbose accounting of Christ's preaching and journey through life. I like that. I wish there were less books and more information. Sadly, there is not, and I must go from my own meditation, interpretation, and guidance that I may find from that. Life is hard. Jesus makes it just a tiny bit easier for me. Easier than atheism, satanism(Leviathan), Islam, Taoism, Voodoo, or Buddhism did for me anyway. For me.

Thanks for asking my opinion!!

Do you have a favorite book of the Bible?

How about a least favorite? (Mine was Deuteronomy aka The Study of Deuters)

i don't really have a favorite, but my least favorite would probably be paul's epistle to the romans, because of this:

Romans 13 New International Version (NIV)

Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

interestingly, paul is seen by muslims as having corrupted the message of jesus. i can hardly blame them when he wrote shit like this. he, of course, followed it with something that is in complete juxtaposition:

Love Fulfills the Law

8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,†“You shall not murder,†“You shall not steal,†“You shall not covet,â€[a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.†10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

which makes sense when you consider that the bible is more or less the product of the roman government.

i also really dislike the parable where jesus casts out demons into sheep (or pigs, i forget).

I would agree. Paul's testament is not only widely regarded as "fallible" to say the least, but is also written as not only a private discussion but also as a private interpretation. That being said, I disagree with the Bible being a product of the Roman government. I'll concede to the fact that it's been misinterpreted, poorly translated, and horrifically dismembered, but I can not concede to it being a government document. I'll argue all day long that the Roman government was not in fact just producing a collaborative religious text, but was in fact attempting control of it and the populace for whom it allegedly represents. Furthermore, what he says parallels Christ's instruction of taxes and the law thereof (Mark 12:27iinm); however, it is a bit too conducive to any argument that "Jeb Bush is God's servant just like Andrew Jackson and King James!", but it was made abundantly clear that Christ was to be the final of everything. The final prophet, the final sacrifice, and the final judge. The government has no place in religion and vice freaking versa. The whole point of Christianity, or even Islam for that matter, was to submit to God's will and give up instituting your own. It is not because you are above government or take no part in it, but because you are more than what the government can realize and you deserve more than they could ever possibly give you(or everyone for that matter). It's not a call to break the law, but to respect it as you would the law of your parents, as you would the law of your Lord. That, I do believe, is what he is trying and failing to say.

Either other way, I really like the parable with the pigs*. Although, it wasn't a parable, it was allegedly a first hand account relayed via paper and glyph. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed it much more than I enjoyed how much it undermines my ability to maintain my faith. Interesting you brought it up. What is a demon? Quantify it. It's damn hard. I struggle with the understanding of what exactly a demon is and by extension what realm my dear text takes place in. Are demons bound by the laws of physics? Perhaps. Perhaps not. I highly doubt it considering they have all their goings-on and never leave traces, only symptoms. It is my belief that demons are non-corporeal and therefore not bound by the laws of physics unless interacting with an object that is. 'Cause that's what helps me sleep at night. That and the fact that this life won't last forever.

Have you ever read any of the "non-canonical" texts?

I would agree. Paul's testament is not only widely regarded as "fallible" to say the least, but is also written as not only a private discussion but also as a private interpretation. That being said, I disagree with the Bible being a product of the Roman government. I'll concede to the fact that it's been misinterpreted, poorly translated, and horrifically dismembered, but I can not concede to it being a government document. I'll argue all day long that the Roman government was not in fact just producing a collaborative religious text, but was in fact attempting control of it and the populace for whom it allegedly represents. Furthermore, what he says parallels Christ's instruction of taxes and the law thereof (Mark 12:27iinm); however, it is a bit too conducive to any argument that "Jeb Bush is God's servant just like Andrew Jackson and King James!", but it was made abundantly clear that Christ was to be the final of everything. The final prophet, the final sacrifice, and the final judge. The government has no place in religion and vice freaking versa. The whole point of Christianity, or even Islam for that matter, was to submit to God's will and give up instituting your own. It is not because you are above government or take no part in it, but because you are more than what the government can realize and you deserve more than they could ever possibly give you(or everyone for that matter). It's not a call to break the law, but to respect it as you would the law of your parents, as you would the law of your Lord. That, I do believe, is what he is trying and failing to say.

Either other way, I really like the parable with the pigs*. Although, it wasn't a parable, it was allegedly a first hand account relayed via paper and glyph. Either way, I thoroughly enjoyed it much more than I enjoyed how much it undermines my ability to maintain my faith. Interesting you brought it up. What is a demon? Quantify it. It's damn hard. I struggle with the understanding of what exactly a demon is and by extension what realm my dear text takes place in. Are demons bound by the laws of physics? Perhaps. Perhaps not. I highly doubt it considering they have all their goings-on and never leave traces, only symptoms. It is my belief that demons are non-corporeal and therefore not bound by the laws of physics unless interacting with an object that is. 'Cause that's what helps me sleep at night. That and the fact that this life won't last forever.

Have you ever read any of the "non-canonical" texts?

what is it that you like about it? i dislike it because it seems to show jesus devaluing the lives of animals for no real reason.

non-canonical texts as in texts that were excluded from the bible? i read part of the gospel of thomas, but i haven't even read all four of the main books of the bible (the four accounts of jesus is what i'm referring to... mark, matthew, luke, and john iirc).

While I admit that I came to the conclusion myself, it had been written in the Bible before and yes o clung to it because i agreed. It is my belief that mankind's capacity for knowledge does not function at the level which our knowledge requires us to, hence the petty breakdowns in communication that lead to massive disasters.

There's a reason it is called faith. You can beg the tree a million years to ease your blight, but there aren't enough epic stories for your brain to fixate on to trigger a religious experience unless you of course have a very active imagination.

Satan is not a liberator. Knowledge is a double edged sword, giving us the ability to pierce the veil, and yet it weighs on our shoulders immensely and fractures us from peaceful relations even among the most pragmatic eschalons of society.

Again, the trinity is an arbitrary Title. Call it Dr. God and the Electric Mayhem for all I care, as long as we agree on what it actually is. And if we don't, I don't really care that way either.

Well, efficiency is hardly a subjective matter in the imperial reality. However, I believe religion allows for something to measure oneself against whether or not they adhere to it strictly or rely on it past adolescence, it is something of a plus in my book 100% of the time, if only because it shows how little some people see themselves next to their book.

You can blame religious dogma, but you can't blame religion. I don't blame crack for my crackheaded cousins. I blame the devil that convinced them to spend their food stamps. I don't blame the Ak-47 for that pile of dead Russians. I blame the John McCane wannabe.

I don't blame Jesus for WBC. I don't know who I should blame for that, but when I do I totally will

It's a real shame that people follow my religion claiming that free will is a gift but using it is the key to hell and eternal damnation. Or that eternal damnation is even eternal. There's a reason there's 1Bajillion denominations for a single deity? People are vitriolic social parasites. All of them all of the time. This isn't even a bad thing, eschewing the negative connotations. People are naturally dependent on patterns and data to reveal themselves or to be extrapolated. We do not look and see. We must search what is directly in front of us for the minutiae we are trying to extract. It's pretty backwards really..

I have a headache and can't look at this screen any longer

Prematurely/comment. I'll be back

Edit: Finishing this comment. 

Let me make this clear, everyone who has ever had a coherent sentient thought has voices in their head. I know this because we use language as a primary means of communication especially with ourselves, therefore the thoughts that take place are "voiced".(and this is coming from someone with actual voices in his head. Eschew the idea of voice being sound and instead let it represent the experience of verbal thought) "Satan" doesn't show pop into people's heads like "Yo, what up?" He takes the form of their very thoughts and allows destructive and extreme thoughts to pressure people into behavior which at times has shown to be surprisingly productive. I mean, the taste of one fruit brought us iPads, Corn, and P&W for better or worse. Yet, every single day people struggle with various moral concepts and balancing emotion and pragmatism. This is why I believe judgment is a curse. It's because we are not fit to judge. We are not fit to judge because we must work backwards down the line to understand something with cyclical nature. We are so tiny and so minute, that the only way we can experience something is to look outward and internalize it and only after it gets through the Rube Goldberg machina that is the human brain do we even begin to take action or make known our thoughts. We exist at a point in time that has no place. We exist in between the future and past and we call it the present arbitrarily separating three things that are one in the same and relative to each observer. Therefore, we are fundamentally wrong for assuming the position of judge. The only reason we do so is because the trees and wallabies won't. The only reason the position is open is because once we proved we no longer desired to have anyone else but the fragile earth-based homunculi that proceed the ones in charge today. This has all become rambling and I'm sure you'll be looking for the tl;dr version if you haven't already. 

tl;dr: There's a lot of compelling arguments on either side, truly. I, for one, am of the opinion that critical thinking is a flaw and would entirely unnecessary if survival wasn't such a high priority (which it wouldn't be if we were sinless which we would be if we didn't judge) Judgment is the original sin. It's the act of taking your data and developing a conclusion based from your own knowledge, of which I think we can all agree humans as a collective have very little. That's kind of the point of the whole thing. We fall from grace so others don't have to. Jesus died for our sins, sure, but so will we, and in place of our payment will be his if we so choose to accept it. It is the perfect example of why you don't disobey an omnipotent, omniscient, and/or omnipresent being that lets you be naked all the time and eat whatever you want.

tl;dr;tl;dr The truth is not that I don't care. It's that the words escape me to the surface of a very deep rum puddle. Happy New years and whatever, guy who disagrees with me. 

Secondary Edit: Added commas

Well written. I won't bother with the other stuff. I'll just say I don't believe in your God. I believe that voice in my head is my own ego.

As far as judgement goes, there is this very popular verse in the bible that people always like to use called Matthew 7:1. People often misinterpret this by not understanding it's context, or that it is a pretext. People like to use this as an example of God telling people not to judge others. However, the actual meaning of this verse is to avoid hypocrisy by judging ones self before judging another, or in other words, making "proper" judgements. The bible itself has a lot of inconsistencies and contradictions, specifically relating to this but it actually encourages people to make judgments as long as they are with integrity and not hypocritical. For example John 7:24. Without doing so you wouldn't be able to distinguish good from evil and following your religion would basically be impossible.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

--Foxburo Wiki--

the standard you hold other people to is the standard you hold yourself to. you have to meet your own requirements or suffer the cognitive dissonance thereof. but also that we each impact the world through our holding of different standards, and your standards will cause other people to also become judgmental in those ways.

in the words of emma goldman, "The counterfeiters and poisoners of ideas, in their attempt to obscure the line between truth and falsehood, find a valuable ally in the conservatism of language."

people tend to see what they want to see and there's nothing to make people not even consider that the entire thing is bullshit like endless discussions about what exactly they're even supposed to be accepting or rejecting. and how do you behave in the meantime? well, we probably shouldn't do anything drastic.

but you also have to remember that the original audience of the bible were people who were literate. back in the day, who could actually read and write? 600 years later, the prophet muhammad was an illiterate merchant.

the best way to obfuscate the truth is to hide it in lies. you say something that's obviously true and then throw in something that's completely false. you believe one thing so you believe the other because it seems like it makes sense even though, if you think about it, it really doesn't.

but yeah, i do think a lot of people misinterpret what jesus was saying, and i think those misinterpretations originated with the transformation of jesus from a jew to the father of christianity who "died for our sins" under the purview of the roman government, which later forced the religion on most of europe from the top down. we talk about how islam was spread by the sword, but nobody likes to talk about how much of what is now christian europe were forcibly converted pagans, either from outside conquerors or from their own leaders who converted for whatever reason.

• Upvote 1

You're both absolutely right, especially Hierophant. I'll get back to those verses you quoted, FoxFire. Christianity is soaked in blood, like almost every cause honestly, which provides no excuse or absolution by any means, but it is characteristic of humanity to take a cause and split one another's hearts to uphold it.

I'm one of those who admits that Christianity has become deeply flawed and deviated far from the path. I do his because it was written that it would become fractured as such. Everything that has happened has been foretold, and I don't mean in a "Check the last book cause that's where we logically fit" sense either. Check all of the books. All of the things that were said to happen eventually did. All the things that are still said to happen, I believe eventually will.

Romans ironically pushed Christianity the hardest, to say the least, but I'm firmly planted in the belief that the religion is a method of removing yourself from the arbitrary hierarchy that is the planet Earth. It's a way to view a timeline you won't see in your history books. It's also a dangerous force, like any properly read text. No one can stare into the light and walk a straight line. No man, anyway. Maybe the mantis shrimp could....ahem. I'll do some reading and collaborating with mah book here and get back to you shortly, FF.

Thanks everyone for not being total a,b,c,d,or f bags. I've thoroughly enjoyed this, and FF, feel free to "bother with the other stuff" New Years is over and I won't touch the rum again until....hmm. We'll see. I'm lucid and loquacious though, so yeah.

what is it that you like about it?* i dislike it because it seems to show jesus devaluing the lives of animals for no real reason.

non-canonical texts as in texts that were excluded from the bible? i read part of the gospel of thomas, but i haven't even read all four of the #mainbooks of the bible (the four accounts of jesus is what i'm referring to... mark, matthew, luke, and john iirc).

I like the parable because it clearly represents our point on the "ecological hierarchy" so to speak. You see, he sent the creatures according to their kinds, and yet made man in their image. So, you can see that we're clearly the favorites. That being said, a darkened heart finds no home behind the barrel destroying innocents(sentient or not) While that may be seen as a schadenfreudian grasp for straws, I will also point out that it shows his compassion towards wildlife.

Yep. You see, The Guy had been under Legion for a while before Jesus came along. He'd been in the hills doing all sorts of things that people to this day still think are ok to do. When he comes down he is granted a serendipitous audience with the King of Kings himself. Rather than send the demons into other people, or haphazardly just out of nowhere, he sent them into the pigs adjacent. Not the birds nearby, or the camels juxtaposed to the Saloon, but the pigs. Then, the pigs were possessed for all of the short time it takes to reach the end of the cliff and hit terminal-pig-velocity. It is the branch that bares no fruit which will be pruned to fertilize the roots of those who do bare fruit- a standard that hold equally true around the spectrum of people. Even the maimed bare fruit. Even the able-bodied rot on their feet. Life's crazy.

This is politics and war . Not religion and war

This is general discussion. Not generally discuss nothin'.

I guess we're doing both.

I prefer Buddhism. I cant find anything in the bible seriously.

Not saying im a buddhist, its just the one i relate to most of the time when it comes to any form of organized religion.

PoJQyFJ.gif