All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. MinesomeMC

[DOE] The Holy Grail

He cant beat Sean Anthony tho
  3. Limbuwan

The current meta and you.

This is the thread that needs to be discussed - https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/topic/25437-addressing-the-invincibility-of-improvements/
  4. Maelstrom Vortex

Another age

"Follow me.." He disappeared into the fog.. as they came out of the fog they went into a valley.. and realized they had been using fog machines on the coast.. the fog was not natural but being induced by boiling water. The creatures were everywhere, of every color of the rainbow and the drab. Some wore added armor, others those pieces of equipment specific to their tasks. The armor was very rudimentary, not speaking to any especially advanced military technology. Truth is, they had much better some held arms similar in make to the ballistic weapons carried by their guests. As they rounded the corner.. they came to an ice cavern. However, it was unnaturally formed, shaped in to a perfect arc, they were lead into the igloo like apparatus. Inside were tables and chairs.. designed to be used by beings like their guests or the dragonisians themselves. Among the dragons were also a number of other races. Humanoids with pointed ears, tusks, cat folk... it looked like some warped variant of skyrim had invaded reality. The equipment they had was made to serve all these races where possible, but some objects were custom fit, the armor notably. A mendelbrot fractal pattern was engraved into the ice for decoration of the walls. It caused subdued rainbows where the light passed through the ice sheets. He gestured towards the table as he stood at the end, "Please be seated then if you will. You said.. British.. Internationale? Can we get you some tea?" Which begged the question, what did these newcomers know of their world.. and how?
  5. Yesterday
  6. Frawley

The analogy doesn't make sense. Given you had already lost your expensive infra, the marginal stat cost of attacking BK was low, you cannot lose what you do not have. Relatively cheap military units (aka what you actually use to deal damage), you had more of than the folks you attack in every category but planes where you had parity at worst down to the low mid tier and were outnumbered under 2k. Not to mention the advatange held by higher city nations being in range of lower city nations as they had no infra. The stats were always going to be one sided because the most expensive thing (excluding random huge loots) that can be destroyed is infra.
  7. Migraine d'al Braskia

my formal appology

Now you need to tell what it was all about or we will need to kidnap your mom
  8. Yuno

my formal appology

(You know you can just apologize to that specific person you wronged and not the entire forum.)
  9. Auctor

The future of Orbis in 2142

@TheNG and all his children and grandchildren and great grandchildren and assorted clones and pleasure droids will get rolled repeatedly.
  10. Buorhann

The future of Orbis in 2142

>yet >doesn't want to form >yet
  11. Rimski

Another age

The group all dressed in various patterns of black and dark red now disembarked and hands off of their weapons greeted the foreign creature, an out of the world creature, the person of highest rank spoke "We are members of TPS October, a ship part of a carrier group which was heading towards the Falklands and then to Australia to perform an inspection of former commonwealth nations on their security and we encountered an outpost of your men as we went more south, it was a spontaneous meeting. Our ship is a part of the military of the British Internationale, could we speak somewhere in behind walls and with a roof over? A military tent is more than acceptable. We could set up a communication line between the central committee of the Internationale at Corbyngrad and with this outpost and later your capital."
  12. Auctor

debunking graphic images is when you know you've reached peak success in a PR war
  13. Hodor

Sure, but first and foremost, google bing, bang, bongo paragraph structure. It'll help reduce the redundancy in your writing. Aside from the poor attempt at trolling and use of crying. Let's address your actual arguments. Let's use the analogy above. We're boxers. One boxer just got out of a pretty damaging fight only to immediately enter the ring against a healthy and larger opponent and has been kicking ass for 3 rounds. Pretty neat. No one is making predictions about the future on our end. We're talking about the here and now and the past 3 rounds. Your side can't agree whether or not you did take a beating, but I'm glad you agree that you have been taking a beating. As for points, it all depends on what you count as points. Tell me your metrics and I'll be inclined to agree or disagree. Our metrics is the stat tracker. The stats still aren't favoring you consistently as I stated earlier, at the current rate you'd need to perform as well as you have on your best day 300 days in a row to score a draw in the 12th round. If you flip stats no one will be able to argue against that. IF Redundant. A solid bing, bang, bongo conclusion. Well done, except for who started the war. It's not who throws the first punch in boxing who is the aggressor.
  14. Ryan1

Disasters

Maybe a hurricane could affect all nations in a given area, or alien invasion and plague could enter different nations.
  15. Shiho Nishizumi

Also, bringing that fact is a double-edged sword. Yes, those who had no infra worth destroying had no infra worth destroying. On the flip side, people who went in with 900 air as opposed to 1800, did damages that those 900 planes allowed them to do, as opposed to damages 1800 planes would've allowed them to do. We're well aware that we had less worth losing; we simply didn't deem that to be enough of a silver lining to offset our depleted military and spies, and simply rolled with it the way we did because we deemed that to be the best chance we had.
  16. Akuryo

As one of our smaller guys, yes, even we were winning. Do you have any idea how many times your massive lower tier launched counterblitzes on a 20-something member micro and failed? Like 5 or 6 times. It was really damned pathetic. Probably would've kept going too, but then daddy BK noticed and knew if the job was gonna be done he had to do it himself. So yes, you are correct 😛
  17. Elijah Mikaelson

I kind of look at these wars pretty simply, if a boxer is losing on points for 11 rounds and then gets a knockout punch in the 12th who wins the fight? the fighter who won 11 rounds or the fighter who knocked his opponent out. See in this war if you agree or not, KETOG, Chaos both suffered in surf's up, does not matter who did the damage just what damage was taken, Chaos got an ass beaten and had taken 94.3b in infra damages, and KETOG got a slap with 34.4b infra damages, Now I know both KETOG and chaos will cry and downvote this however those numbers have to be taken in to account as you never rebuilt the fact you wish to ignore that point just proves you are relying on stats to win this war and not skill. Now moving on to dialup war, sure Co B had taken a beating in the first few rounds, however we are only on round three and still got nine rounds to go and already the points are starting to favour Co B, what do you think the stats will say when we get to round 10 and 11? trust me Co A will not be able to brag about stats as Co B will be going for the knock out punch and not worry about the points, and to me within PnW a knock out punch will be when someone admits they can no longer keep fighting and throws in the towel. Now we all know Co A think they have won this simply based on the current stats, but Co B is not done, the fighting will be dragged out, and with most of Co A dead in the water unable to fight and just getting beaten down and their whales hiding with max troops, ships, planes and ships its only a matter of time now. So in closing, you can bash on about the stats or the plane stat or anything else you wish to try and drum up moral, but the winner will be the one who keeps fighting when the other wants to throw in the towel, me personally I am loving this war I hope it goes on for at least another three months, and if people quit and delete, well blame KETOG, Chaos and Rose who started this war. not those who want to win.
  18. Buorhann

If anybody thinks the current meta is alright, you’re blind as hell. The meta was screwed a long time ago and remains so. Best thing right now is simply go to a Paper, Rock, Scissors build. At least every player will have a shot at fighting instead of logging in to seeing their nation blitzed to hell and back.
  19. Darth Revan

[DOE] The Holy Grail

I look forward to the theme of the next alliance you make, keep em coming. 100th will do the trick.
  20. Dio Brando

Given that wanting change is by itself a personal opinion (you may argue it is group mentality and a 'lack of information', but it remains a personal opinion regardless), I don't see how it can be biased as far as simply the 'poster's side' is concerned, to be honest. You do have an argument insofar as voter % from each side goes, however. Edit: I've edited this four five times. I need sleep.
  21. Aragorn, son of Arathorn

Look at who voted for what. It’s not the numbers but the poll is as biased as the end of year awards.
  22. Prefontaine

I do understand that things would polarize with the war a bit and there would be some drama. It’s not really one persons fault. The indication I needed I got from the poll which is around 3:1 of feeling there needs some change.
  23. Menace

Disasters

I think it would be more interesting if events happened on a global or continental scale instead of at the nation level. You could have different themes of the same events, perhaps "dustbowl" wipes out food production in North America, "sandstorm" for Africa, "emus" for Australia. Many small events would just get annoying. I would rather have the odds be something like 3 continental events and 1 global event a year, with effects longer than a just a few days or turns.
  24. Hodor

My bad, I do realize that my original post did not seem to be on topic but it was to illustrate that we can't even agree on the premise of your proposal "The barometer for who wins and loses in a war is often measured by the cost weighed upon the various sides."\ Edit: cus I couldn't resist, @Roquentin they didn't need you to balance after all! Don't worry, we too thought that we were winning pretty obviously, so no hard feelings.
  25. TheNG

I'm sure all your smaller buddies would be able to attest that they've been doing nothing but winning for a month, even before NPO entered lol. I'd rather win the war than have stats as my consolation prize, but whatever makes you guys happy.
  26. Prefontaine

@Edward Longshanks or @Robot Santa or @Chief Wiggum can I get a thread lock? The thread has served its purpose and devolved from the point at hand.
  27. Hodor

I mean, that's a pretty logical progression? We were crushing you easily, NPO did change the landscape of the war drastically, and throughout it all we've had better stats and have been flaunting them, ask Leo. Like if you kick me in the shin and I say, "ouch my shin hurts", then you punch me in the stomach and I say, "ouch my stomach hurts", no one would logically say "I THOUGHT UR SHIN HURTS LIAR" I expect better from you man.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.