ghux is great also seizure-inducing ads are not

Kid Winchell

I was going to mention this, but I didn't feel like arguing about it.

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--

I remember the first time I saw this and I fell of my chair (literally), thought it was against the seizure rules but Sheepy allowed it so it was Sheepy who said that this is alright.

He be dun goof

LTcxGHN.jpg

• Administrators

We have an option in your settings specifically for people with epilepsy, or that don't want to see flashing ads. Go here: https://politicsandwar.com/account/and uncheck "Show animated ads"

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Maybe you don't mind seeing animated ads but you don't want to see rapidly flashing ads. I tend to refresh the page each time that add comes up :P.

This. A vast majority of the animated ads are well-made and don't need to be blocked. And as they make up nearly half of the currently-running ads (14 animated and 18 not), disabling all animated ads means you're not able to see the full spectrum of what's going on, and you could become out of the loop on drama propaganda. (And you'd be subjected to an even higher frequency of Politics & Trump ads. gag.gif )

Ads have to go through a manual approval process anyway, so there's really no added workload to implement a no-seizure policy.

• Upvote 2
RollSheepy.png

My eyes hurt whenever I see it, and the only non-animated ads are Trump and BoC ads. Perhaps add a function that blocks ads you think could be seizure inducing, such as that one, since you apparently review these for submission, don't you?

Edited by Dimitri Valko

putin-trump-sig_zps657urhx9.jpg

When I first saw this ad, all I could think was arf sf gopjwrgnk  w

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

About 1% of people in the world have epilepsy and about 3% of epileptics have photosensitive epilepsy and less than half of those are actually effected by flashing lights, usually those in the range of 10-50fps.

So I think we're pretty safe.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

About 1% of people in the world have epilepsy and about 3% of epileptics have photosensitive epilepsy and less than half of those are actually effected by flashing lights, usually those in the range of 10-50fps.

Calm down there Miss Know it all!

LTcxGHN.jpg

• Administrators

And if you're in that small minority, you just turn off animated ads, and you're golden. I don't see an issue here.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

And if you're in that small minority, you just turn off animated ads, and you're golden. I don't see an issue here.

Well there is the fact, that animated ads are on by default. I didn't even know you could turn them off. But this is why I didn't bring it up, because I knew it pointless.

• Upvote 1

Fox_Fire_Txt2.png

<Jroc> I heard \ is an anagram of cocaine
<\> I can't be rearranged into a line, I already am a line.

--Foxburo Wiki--