An announcent from vargen institution

chrishinton52

Couldn't you simply chalk up the steel as the promised aid?

Your ex-protectorate seems salty that you promised aid, which allegedly never arrived. Seems like you have an opportunity to take out two birds with one stone.

The aid arrived whenever I was asked, such as the steel which came the same day. And a portrayal suggesting otherwise would be incorrect. However unlike some, I am not going to air the dirty laundry in public. Let's just say we're not impressed with the way they have dealt with this. If you want to leave, then leave. Don't slap the faces that have helped you out a lot on the way out.

And as such, I fully expect to be given the steel and loan that was never paid back, returned to us.

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

Best of luck to you.

I fully expect you to finally pay the loan that you still haven't paid back to us when we agreed a deal with Cobalt. As well as the 5,000 steel that I sent to you free of charge, prior to the war starting. Thanks.

Take care out there.

As I recall, when we signed the protectorate with upn not only were we promised aid multiple times that never came, but I remember it being you specifically who said that if we were to come under attack on your account that we'd be well taken care of, here we are having been attacked on your account. We don't expect money from you though, we see you have your hands full....just don't expect us to pay back something we never agreed to pay back in the first place when time and time you broke your word by repeatedly promising promises you could not keep. I never asked you to sell me the steel for no charge. I asked you for a price reduction on it. You chose to give it to us for free.

o/ VI

I respect the fact that you're staying in war with a top 5 alliance just for the principle of it. Keep being honourable in the days to come.

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

As I recall, when we signed the protectorate with upn not only were we promised aid multiple times that never came, but I remember it being you specifically who said that if we were to come under attack on your account that we'd be well taken care of, here we are having been attacked on your account. We don't expect money from you though, we see you have your hands full....just don't expect us to pay back something we never agreed to pay back in the first place when time and time you broke your word by repeatedly promising promises you could not keep. I never asked you to sell me the steel for no charge. I asked you for a price reduction on it. You chose to give it to us for free.

We are obviously in no shape to offer protection right now, and as such your frustrations are misguided. Besides like I said, I have no issues with someone decided to withdraw from the pact. But there's a way to go about it... particularly when an alliance has done a lot for you. 

Now like I said, we fully expect the loan that we paid to you from the outset that was not paid back returned. As well as the 5,000 steel. That way you will no longer be lying when you say that UPN gave us nothing...

apart from saving you from getting rolled when you were in the shit already though.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

The aid arrived whenever I was asked, such as the steel which came the same day. And a portrayal suggesting otherwise would be incorrect. However unlike some, I am not going to air the dirty laundry in public. Let's just say we're not impressed with the way they have dealt with this. If you want to leave, then leave. Don't slap the faces that have helped you out a lot on the way out.

And as such, I fully expect to be given the steel and loan that was never paid back, returned to us.

The aid was never asked for because we were growing fine without it. We weren't pressed on it. Its a matter of principle that you promised things then didn't come through. You have loaned us five million to pay cobalt and sold us 5000 steel for 1 ppu. That's after nearly two months after your protection. And anything to prove otherwise is incorrect but I could show screenshots of ole promising us the aid?

And please don't lecture us on how we handle things when you are finding yourselves in the predicament you are in.

Edited by chrishinton52

We will gladly pay you back 3 million of the 5 million you loaned us in the cobalt event as per our agreement. You loaned us 5 million asked for three million in return. We will not be returning steel, the net worth is less then the amount of damage we took on your account and it was never agreed that the steel would be returned

I was wondering when either UPN was going to call in the Bloc or it was going to come under attack and fold. Knowing the alliances in it it's sad to see them come under attack, but it was inevitable really. 

• Upvote 1

You guys in VI seem cool. I made peace with the one VI fellow I was at war with. In the meantime, I'll continue to roll Odd Squad because Ashwyn (in his infinite wisdom) feels the need to provoke Mensa, despite having no military.

Nah, we are open to negotiating peace terms. :P

There are bigger fish to fry for you guys than Odd Squad who was never planning to join your little global war.

ztt5Wgs.png

The aid was never asked for because we were growing fine without it. We weren't pressed on it. Its a matter of principle that you promised things then didn't come through. You have loaned us five million to pay cobalt and sold us 5000 steel for 1 ppu. That's after nearly two months after your protection. And anything to prove otherwise is incorrect but I could show screenshots of ole promising us the aid?

And please don't lecture us on how we handle things when you are finding yourselves in the predicament you are in.

I don't care what Ole promised you. We are not mind readers, and do not know what you need. You have received aid everytime you have asked me -- and I fully expect the 5k steel to be returned so that you are no longer lying about your claim that we have never sent you anything.

And I will continue to make remarks about how you handled the situation, given that we bailed you out when you were the most vulnerable.

We will gladly pay you back 3 million of the 5 million you loaned us in the cobalt event as per our agreement. You loaned us 5 million asked for three million in return. We will not be returning steel, the net worth is less then the amount of damage we took on your account and it was never agreed that the steel would be returned

01[00:49] <Robster[uPN]> Also I just sent you $2m in the game.
[00:49] <ChrisV> evenstar used to be an ally of ours as well, just went in different directions, but we do still have good relations with them
01[00:49] <Robster[uPN]> Do you have access to the other 3m atm to be able to send Cobalt the money soon?
[00:50] <ChrisV> let me check the bank, we were unaware if you were going to protect us so we blew all our money on nukes, just in case.
[00:50] <ChrisV> but it should have accumulated well by now.
[00:51] <ChrisV> we need about 389000. i can make most of that in baseball, then the next turn at 9pm est i will send them the money.
01[00:52] <Robster[uPN]> I will send you the other 3mill now, and can you send it to Grealind immedietly please. :)
01[00:52] <Robster[uPN]> You can return the money in your own time. No rush.
[00:52] <ChrisV> to grealind or cobalts bank?
[00:52] <ChrisV> or doesn't matter
01[00:53] <Robster[uPN]> Do it to Grealind personally.
01[00:53] <Robster[uPN]> You should have the 5m now.

All of the money was sent. And it was a loan. We expect it to be paid back.

I was wondering when either UPN was going to call in the Bloc or it was going to come under attack and fold. Knowing the alliances in it it's sad to see them come under attack, but it was inevitable really. 

We told our protectorates that we did not want them to get involved, as they should focus on growth and we did not want to compromise that. It was Mensa's decision to go after them, we were never going to bring them in.

Anyway I am tired of the petty squabbling Chris. Do as you wish. Given that we massively helped you out when you were the most vulnerable, and that this is how you choose to conduct yourselves is disappointing. Best of luck, but do not expect favors from us in the future. And if you are going to put down the aid/resources we have sent you in "net loss", then we will be the ones handing that out, as opposed to you attributing it to Mensa.

Best of luck to you guys.

Edited by Saru

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

We told our protectorates that we did not want them to get involved, as they should focus on growth and we did not want to compromise that. It was Mensa's decision to go after them, we were never going to bring them in.

Thank you, this was my point exactly. How are you going to justify declaring on tiny protectorates who were never going to get involved in your global war? I'm sure there were plenty of other targets you could have gone after, which would have helped your allies significantly.

Edited by Ibrahim
ztt5Wgs.png

Thank you, this was my point exactly. How are you going to justify declaring on tiny protectorates who were never going to get involved in your global war? I'm sure there were plenty of other targets you could have gone after which would have helped your allies significantly.

Again, your frustration is misplaced.

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I don't care what Ole promised you. We are not mind readers, and do not know what you need. You have received aid everytime you have asked me -- and I fully expect the 5k steel to be returned so that you are no longer lying about your claim that we have never sent you anything.

And I will continue to make remarks about how you handled the situation, given that we bailed you out when you were the most vulnerable.

All of the money was sent. And it was a loan. We expect it to be paid back.

Anyway I am tired of the petty squabbling Chris. Do as you wish. Given that we massively helped you out when you were the most vulnerable, and that this is how you choose to conduct yourselves is disappointing. Best of luck, but do not expect favors from us in the future. And if you are going to put down the aid/resources we have sent you in "net loss", then we will be the ones handing that out, as opposed to you attributing it to Mensa.

Best of luck to you guys.

Guess I should take that as a threat then.

I'd love to see upn attack their ex protectorate over a 5k steel gift they gave them whilst being under protection.

This whole thread is doing salty saru bot a load of good on the pr front.

If being salty is frustration and disappointment on how an alliance decides to pay us back after we saved them at their most vulnerable point, as well as outright lie about us ("you never gave us aid, apart from the times that you did, and you promised to provide us with aid, but we never asked because we were growing fine" make your damn mind up) then yes I am salty. :) 

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

If being salty is frustration and disappointment on how an alliance decides to pay us back after we saved them at their most vulnerable point, as well as outright lie about us ("you never gave us aid, apart from the times that you did, and you promised to provide us with aid, but we never asked because we were growing fine" make your damn mind up) then yes I am salty. :)

Advice: If you give something to people, then forget about it, and never ask for it back if they prove ungrateful. (Not saying this is the case, VI.)

ztt5Wgs.png

I'd like to know if you notified your protectorates days in advance of you declaring an aggressive war that you would be doing so, so that they could prepare to defend should they be attacked for being your protectorates? Seems like something a protector should do.

• Upvote 4
T7Vrilp.png

I never said you never aided us. I said you never provided the aid you promised. Why should we ask you for something that we were informed would be coming in two weeks on multiple accounts?

And you did not save us at our most vulnerable. We saved ourselves at our most vulnerable, because maybe you don't realize, but that is right now. You told us not to worry ourselves with preparing for a war. And Mensa is a much bigger threat then cobalt. We are at our most vulnerable BECAUSE of upn.

I'd like to know if you notified your protectorates days in advance of you declaring an aggressive war that you would be doing so, so that they could prepare to defend should they be attacked for being your protectorates? Seems like something a protector should do.

...if telling us they are preparing for a defensive war then telling us not to concern ourselves with preparing, then yeah that's exactly what they did. Then wonder why we are frustrated.

Edited by chrishinton52

Thank you, this was my point exactly. How are you going to justify declaring on tiny protectorates who were never going to get involved in your global war? I'm sure there were plenty of other targets you could have gone after, which would have helped your allies significantly.

Maybe not this time, but next time you guys might be brought in so I'd write it off as Mensa nipping it in the bud so to speak. From how it's gone Mensa has succeeded in doing that completely. 

• Upvote 1

...if telling us they are preparing for a defensive war then telling us not to concern ourselves with preparing, then yeah that's exactly what they did. Then wonder why we are frustrated.

The long and short of it is, upn have failed at being a protector and is now annoyed at its protectorates for not being happy they were left to the wolves.

T7Vrilp.png