Game time issues

Avruch

Some people have been complaining about the day change-over being set to 3AM EST. This makes it difficult to do some things that are currently common strategy, like overnight double building and timing strikes to day change.

Some have suggested different times for the day change-over. My suggestion is that the rebuilding caps that apply to daychange be changed to per-turn caps. That should eliminate most of the distinction for day-change, and nullify any timezone advantage any players or alliances may have.

This has been shot down at least twice before and I've always liked it but whatever.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Wiki Mod

The issue with this is that the optimum strategy then becomes to be on every 2 hours. 

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Some people have been complaining about the day change-over being set to 3AM EST. This makes it difficult to do some things that are currently common strategy, like overnight double building and timing strikes to day change.

Some have suggested different times for the day change-over. My suggestion is that the rebuilding caps that apply to daychange be changed to per-turn caps. That should eliminate most of the distinction for day-change, and nullify any timezone advantage any players or alliances may have.

Can you give more of an explanation as to what you mean?

its 2am EST, but yes i support this.

From what I understood about daychange last night and what ss23 was saying, it's 3AM New York time at the moment. The game currently has a 3 hour offset against EDT. 

its 2am EST, but yes i support this.

The time is off an hour post-server migration.

For the record, I'm against turn by turn troop limits.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

The time is off an hour post-server migration.

For the record, I'm against turn by turn troop limits.

What if instead of turn-by-turn troops limits it was turns based like buying cities and changing colors.

You can recruit 1/3 of your troops every 12 turns?

This way it doesn't matter what time the server update is only when you declared war?

Edited by Raven
  • Upvote 1

What if instead of turn-by-turn troops limits it was turns based like buying cities and changing colors.

You can recruit 1/3 of your troops every 12 turns?

This way it doesn't matter what time the server update is only when you declared war?

Having it be a universal time gives everyone the same baseline. It's the most 'fair' way.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

So... you only get to recruit 83 soldiers (1000/12) per turn for each barrack? Wouldn't that mean everyone have to be online on every turn updates to get the full capacity in a day? And you get to make 1 plane every 8 hours for each AFBs? Or everything work in fractions somehow? I don't know about everyone else, but I certainly don't think checking P&W every 2 hours regardless time of the day is healthy.

Making the recruitment/building cap accumulates each turn up until a certain limit would be a good idea, just like how MAP works, even though this eliminates the double tap strategy (which I think is one of the best thing in war atm, eh)

UedhRvY.png