Other Sports

First, THANK YOU SLENDY! for the baseball, another way to burn my money, but im happy to do it. But is it possible to see more games in the future such as indi racing and you upgrade parts as well as the crew and soccer, or maybe even an Olympics!

although, I don't know how well the olympics would work.

• Upvote 1

"Head-shots for days"

• Administrators

Highly unlikely.

I picked Baseball because I figured it's a (somewhat) universal sport, and has enough structure that I was able to simulate it fairly well. A lot of people said Basketball would've been better, and I considered it, but Basketball would've been way, way harder to simulate.

Soccer is probably the most popular sport in the world, but there's already FOFA if you want to do soccer. Another player has also created a Quidditch league as well. So, if you want to do sports outside of baseball, there's player-made options.

OBL isn't about giving you a way to blow your money, or to give you (big nations) something to do. While it also functions very well for that, the reason I decided to create it is to improve new player retention. As it is, when you sign up and make a nation, you spend all your starting money and then are left with nothing to do. OBL gives you something to do - you can earn small amounts of money playing an unlimited amount of baseball games, which should give new players more to do and make the game more fun for them.

Eventually I'd like to expand the system to have tournaments and even a "World Championship" thing I'd like to hold monthly, but for now the system is functional and will be officially released tomorrow. It was released early to VIP members, but has since leaked outside of the VIP forum.

• Upvote 2

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Administrators

Baseball is incredibly non universal btw. I know very very few people that could even try and recite the rules. As a brit I know more about American football than baseball.

So a lot of people have said :P

It's very easy to figure out, though, and most people don't even read through the highlights, let alone the simulation. I think the fact that baseball has been added to the game will mean that more people will learn a thing or two about it, which isn't an inherently bad thing.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Baseball is primarily in some Asian nations and good ol US of A.

Rugby and Futbol(Soccer) are the most universal I think

Still, cool addition

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

Baseball is incredibly non universal btw. I know very very few people that could even try and recite the rules. As a brit I know more about American football than baseball.

Ain't it just the same as rounders but with a bigger bat?  Cricket would have been a better choice, but any game in which a rock hard ball is thrown at you and all you have to defend yourself with is a stick, is a game I don't wish to play.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

True, baseball isn't that international, but we have to be realistic in what can be coded. Olympics would have been the top, with nations being chosen as hosts :D But i don't see why we can't do all that with baseball. It could really become its own game whitin the game and i feel like its a good thing.

As it is, when you sign up and make a nation, you spend all your starting money and then are left with nothing to do. OBL gives you something to do

lolwut.

You seriously didn't think that through huh?

OBL doesn't give you something to do if you just spent all your money starting your nation.

Edited by Cynic

So a lot of people have said :P

It's very easy to figure out, though, and most people don't even read through the highlights, let alone the simulation. I think the fact that baseball has been added to the game will mean that more people will learn a thing or two about it, which isn't an inherently bad thing.

personally, I am a typical southerner and I like my superbowl and Nascar, but I did figure that Indy was more universal as it is performed world wide by many nations, also, it would be about the same complexity for simulation as baseball, But I am liking this baseball thing. Perhaps not sports, but other features like this would be interesting, AND I do think an Olympic situation would be real awesome, and medals have different values, like 1 bronze is worth 10,000 one silver is worth 50,000 and one gold is worth 100,000 or what ever you come up with, Sheepy, you would always host it, to rule out any confusion of course, and we just train our athletes like we do for our baseball players. The Olympics is hosted once a month, and there be a variety of areas. Just puttin that out there

"Head-shots for days"

If I may make another suggestion, would be possible to have coaches in the the game too? say a head coach and assistant coach, the coaches make the team preform marginally better, and be able to name them as well.

"Head-shots for days"

Is this an in-game function?

- Saopha Legatus Calas Vaduum, Lord General Big Shots of Charming Friends

We are the c h a̼̻Í̖͇ r m i̇͡ n g f r i e n d s and we are t͙̙̹͎̻͓̭͢͜͢h̢̘͕̪̹͓̟͉̰̀̕Ì̯͎̫͈̬͓eÌ¡ÍžÌ™Ì¬Í‰Ì²ÌœÍ Í҉̥̖̮̠͇͔̙͓͠c̀͜͢Í̟͖̳̠̕r̲͚͖̩͜͞͞ự̡̲̳̖̀̕͠ÌÍ̞̠̪͙Í̤̠e̢̡̜̗̬̩̭͇̟͉̱̜l̛͟Í͎͔̲̫͇̜̙͚eÍÍ̟̱̭͎͎̖̗͚͚̦̼̕sÍœÍ̵̡͕̙̬̹͈̺̯̣̱̱̗̩̼͟Ì̯̺͈t̀͠͞͞Ì̜̫̩̟̙͔ ̡̛҉̙̘̼͚̙̀͟ÍÍ͓̱̲͓̻̗oÍ̸Í̸͔̤̼̩̳͎͔͈͢f̶̴̢̬̺͔̮̱̫͓̘͟ ̢͉̞̪̦̣̼͓͞Í̫̻̹͖͉̮͇͙ͅf͘̕ÍÍ¢Í͕̻̱Ì̞̫͖̹̫͔̳oÍ̴̘̣̟̪̞̱͙̣̭̞̭̥̘͕͜ÌeÍ̢̯̪̙̪͜͜͞s̸͟Í͙̲̣̜̲̞̜͇̲̤̮̗͔͇͈̺̯

Qc9CHg7.png

• Administrators

lolwut.

You seriously didn't think that through huh?

OBL doesn't give you something to do if you just spent all your money starting your nation.

It doesn't cost you anything to play. You can host games for free.

Forums Rules | Game Link