Mobile bug

Phiney

So I'm having an issue on my mobile that doesn't happen on anything else I was wondering if anyone else had experienced it. When writing a message in game often words will randomly duplicate and the cursor will jump back and basically make writing a message impossible. Doesn't seem to happen on desktop and doesn't happen anywhere else on my mobile (I wrote this on mobile).

T7Vrilp.png

• Administrators

That's odd. What mobile device are you using? I've never had that issue with my iPhone 6 Plus.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

That's odd. What mobile device are you using? I've never had that issue with my iPhone 6 Plus.

Its not an issue ive ever had anywhere else, or in any other text box. I had it the other day and immediately after the site went down (including the forum) citing an overload, so I just presumed that was the cause, however it started doing it again today. 

edit: Im using a nexus 5 btw.

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

I tried to reproduce this on my iPhone 4s and was unable, so I'd suggest it may only be a Nexus/Google/HTC issue.

Resident DJ @ Club Orbis

Founder of The Warehouse

Well, that's the only one I type sentences into on this website bar the forum. I mean any other similar textboxes on other sites are fine.

Edit: scrap that, I just tried the dossier and it was fine, went back to messages and it duplicates words as I type and moves my cursor around. Definitely a bug with that page.

For reference, here is the result after typing 'this is what happens when I try and write a sentence.'

ThisThis isis whatwhat haopetry and writewa sentence. ite aappens wjenwhen iI try

If it helps, it also happens when creating a new message to send to someone.

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

Since you've said you both use Swiftkey, I can tell you I've had the issue before. Though I can't remember whether it was a website or an app, it was a while ago.

I'm not sure whether it's a bug with the page or a bug with Swiftkey, but you'll find it's from Swiftkey not replacing the word properly, either when it autocorrects or when you choose one of the three options at the top of the keyboard. Instead of removing the partial word and replacing it with the complete word, every single character is sent to the textbox. Almost as if Swiftkey doesn't have the permissions to remove characters, only to add them.

The only solution I've found, is to turn off autocorrect and type out each word character by character.

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

Since you've said you both use Swiftkey, I can tell you I've had the issue before. Though I can't remember whether it was a website or an app, it was a while ago.

I'm not sure whether it's a bug with the page or a bug with Swiftkey, but you'll find it's from Swiftkey not replacing the word properly, either when it autocorrects or when you choose one of the three options at the top of the keyboard. Instead of removing the partial word and replacing it with the complete word, every single character is sent to the textbox. Almost as if Swiftkey doesn't have the permissions to remove characters, only to add them.

The only solution I've found, is to turn off autocorrect and type out each word character by character.

Interesting. I have found that clicking the predictions instead of hitting space bar n letting them auto correct improves it aswell.

T7Vrilp.png

I'm on a Nexus 4, using Swiftkey and can't replicate the bug. I've tried with and without autocomplete using spacebar (the latter being my default). Sorry.

This is with the latest version of Chrome app and the latest version of the Swiftkey app.

Phiney, can you switch to the default Google Keyboard and see if that has any issue?

Yep, that fixes it. Strange it's just that page though. I'll Google it today see if I can find anything about it

T7Vrilp.png

I can confirm. For some reason I am starting to have this issue too. I have SwiftKey and I am using LG G2.

Same phone as you and have had same issue for the months I've played, figured it was my phone internet browser itself. 

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Same phone as you and have had same issue for the months I've played, figured it was my phone internet browser itself. 

Are you using Swiftkey?

Looks like it might be a bug with Swiftkey, from the sounds of it.