Strictness of Moderation

Saru

Agree 100%. If I remember correctly, we had this discussion back in beta and nobody wanted that kind of overbearing moderation.

• Upvote 2

I'll just link to the Alliance Announcements forum itself which states that references to the game are allowed.

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3412-alliance-affairs-forum-guidelines/?p=43043

I recall the discussion, and it was decided that IC/OOC were gone and it was dubbed In-Game / Out-of-game style similar to the way Planet Chris operated.

Also, you'll note that each of the forums are listed as In-Game and Out-Of-Game...

So.  Moderation blundered.

Edited by Micheal Malone

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Guys, the moderators are just doing their best to improve the community as a whole. While I don't necessarily think that calling this a game in an in-game discussion deserved a warn, I think that it is at least partially justified. The rules clearly state which forums are in-character and which are out of character. I think we all need to appreciate how much the moderator team does for us instead of constantly complaining about how 'bad' the decisions they make are. Without the mods, this community would be flooded with inappropriate imagery, constant vulgar, harsh insults, and more. 

• Upvote 1

Guys, the moderators are just doing their best to improve the community as a whole. While I don't necessarily think that calling this a game in an in-game discussion deserved a warn, I think that it is at least partially justified. The rules clearly state which forums are in-character and which are out of character. I think we all need to appreciate how much the moderator team does for us instead of constantly complaining about how 'bad' the decisions they make are. Without the mods, this community would be flooded with inappropriate imagery, constant vulgar, harsh insults, and more. 

Have you been warned for saying the word "game" in a in character sub forum? No then stop posting here.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Have you been warned for saying the word "game" in a in character sub forum? No then stop posting here.

Pump your brakes kid. Neither were you. The rules specifically state "in-character discussion" or "out of character discussion". 

Pump your brakes kid. Neither were you. The rules specifically state "in-character discussion" or "out of character discussion". 

Clearly you haven't read the rules. Could you point me to where it states that? It doesn't. I already linked the rules. Read them again.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

Clearly you haven't read the rules. Could you point me to where it states that? It doesn't. I already linked the rules. Read them again.

Gee, I don't know, it definitely doesn't state in character or out of character at the top of each sub-forum. Yep, I have read the rules, and I just pointed you to where it states that. I have read them multiple times.

Also,

In-Game/Out-of-Game

Forums deemed “In-game†are intended for players to remain in the character of their nation leaders. References made to the game mechanics, alliance forums, and irc, as it pertains to the game, are allowed in these forums.

Hmm, Malone. It appears that you are the one that didn't read the rules.

Also,

In-Game/Out-of-Game

Forums deemed “In-game†are intended for players to remain in the character of their nation leaders. References made to the game mechanics, alliance forums, and irc, as it pertains to the game, are allowed in these forums.

Hmm, Malone. It appears that you are the one that didn't read the rules.

Are... are you being retarded on purpose right now? Cause I kind of need to know before I start cutting you up YOU INSUFFERABLE DUNCE.
  • Upvote 3

q8nfyvc.gif

Are... are you being retarded on purpose right now? Cause I kind of need to know before I start cutting you up YOU INSUFFERABLE DUNCE.

Point out what in my post gives you leeway for you calling me a "retard" and an "insufferable dunce".

Point out what in my post gives you leeway for you calling me a "retard" and an "insufferable dunce".

Read the rules again:

In-Game/Out-of-Game

Edited by Estelle
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

There are several threads like this with the same topic, people wanting more freedom to express something. But there arent any pearls of wisdom or amazing new views being modded out.. Its seems to me that people just want the freedom to say all the shitty things they think of at that moment. There are so many different parts of this forum, to each his own, and still its not enough? Just my 2 cents..