Warhammer

Aeon Helikos

I forgot what exactly I was doing but somehow I stumbled upon the image of an epic battle between guys with giant armor and other guys with darker giant armor. Big guns. Blood. Gore. Chainsaw-sword. It looks cool so I decided to look deeper into the image link. It was a "Warhammer" fanart.

I didn't know if it was a game or comic at first so I started googling. I downloaded a bunch of warhammer 40K graphic novels, and godammit it was !@#$ing awesome! I was able to piece together some of the important details of warhammer universe by reading that. Warpstone. Chaos. God Emperor. Space marines. But I want to know what happened before mankind became the dominant force in space. There is too much info on the internet and I didn't know where to start.

Then I remembered a familiar symbol, TEST's pip. Some chaos soldiers has them on their skin/armor. Also if I remembered correctly there a post where Mensa's Dio Brando is wearing a giant golden armor (throne of terra?), the same one worn by the emperium's god emperor. If you guys know a good site or book where I could start that would be great.

tl;dr any warhammer fans out there?

wlTH76o.jpg

I love the series. I've only gotten through a few of the many books so far, though - I believe it's the three or however many included in the first Space Wolves omnibus. I highly recommend the Space Wolves related material.

xzhPlEh.png?1

Pretty sure Dio Brando is from a wholly different media :v

If you want to know how stuff was before the mankind, pretty sure you can start by reading about the older races, like Eldar or even Orks

UedhRvY.png

Warhammer is to... boring for me. All fight fight fight no talk. The only group in the game that uses diplomacy isn't human and therefor must die. Anyways, you should check out the Dawn of War games or Space Hulk: Ascension, I've heard they are pretty good.

UPN has a 30k (read: pre-heresy) theme as well.

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

For the Emperor!! (and Sigmar too!) Warhammer is my one of my favorite franchise. I never played the tabletop game, but I played the video games, and look at the fanworks. I can't wait to Total War: Warhammer to be released. Warhammer Fantasy meets Total War is just a perfect gaming combination.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

For the Emperor!! (and Sigmar too!) Warhammer is my one of my favorite franchise. I never played the tabletop game, but I played the video games, and look at the fanworks. I can't wait to Total War: Warhammer to be released. Warhammer Fantasy meets Total War is just a perfect gaming combination.

Total War + Warhammer?! My head is gonna explode

wlTH76o.jpg

Total War + Warhammer?! My head is gonna explode

i know right. oh my god.

Here's the cinematic trailer. Warhammer Fantasy is less grimdark than 40K and sets in fantasy world with swords instead of sci-fi with guns.

Edited by Bilal the Great
  • Upvote 1

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

I received the Warhammer 40k 7th Edition rulebook as a gift last week. Before that the most recent one I was playing was 4th edition.

7th edition rulebook has a pretty extensive history section about pre-Heresy.

If you're ever interested in wasting thousands of dollars playing/painting the miniatures let me know and I'll help you pick an army. :v

I'm a huge nerd of Warhammer, both 40k and Fantasy.

I currently own in 40k:  1500 points of Space Marines, Orks, and Tyranids, 4000 points worth of Dark Eldar.   I did have a 2000 point army of Eldar, but sold that recently after their newish codex came out.

In Fantasy I have:  4000 points of Skaven and 4000 points of Vampire Counts, as well as around 1500 points of High Elves ( Although this is more of a army I built up to teach new players )

The only game of Warhammer ( Both digital and table top board games ) I don't own is the Iyanden Eldar/Tyranid Invasion one.  Started collecting back during the Rogue Trader days.

If you want to get into the books, start with Gaunt's Ghosts by Dan Abnett.  That series will draw you in pretty hard.  It holds the perspective of a Imperial Guard regiment.

With the video games, Dawn of War ( Either one ) is fun, but the story lines for the first Dawn of War game and the expansion ( Winter Assault ) are probably the better ones.

If you want to get into the table top miniature games, any starting box ( "expensive" ) is the best way to get into the game as it provides you everything you need.  2 small armies, rule book, templates, dice, etc. to learn how to play the game.  It's also the best bang for your buck in regards to the models you get for the price.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

I'm a huge nerd of Warhammer, both 40k and Fantasy.

I currently own in 40k:  1500 points of Space Marines, Orks, and Tyranids, 4000 points worth of Dark Eldar.   I did have a 2000 point army of Eldar, but sold that recently after their newish codex came out.

In Fantasy I have:  4000 points of Skaven and 4000 points of Vampire Counts, as well as around 1500 points of High Elves ( Although this is more of a army I built up to teach new players )

The only game of Warhammer ( Both digital and table top board games ) I don't own is the Iyanden Eldar/Tyranid Invasion one.  Started collecting back during the Rogue Trader days.

If you want to get into the books, start with Gaunt's Ghosts by Dan Abnett.  That series will draw you in pretty hard.  It holds the perspective of a Imperial Guard regiment.

With the video games, Dawn of War ( Either one ) is fun, but the story lines for the first Dawn of War game and the expansion ( Winter Assault ) are probably the better ones.

If you want to get into the table top miniature games, any starting box ( "expensive" ) is the best way to get into the game as it provides you everything you need.  2 small armies, rule book, templates, dice, etc. to learn how to play the game.  It's also the best bang for your buck in regards to the models you get for the price.

3oEduI0OFVIaFIqolW.gif

Just kidding, that's pretty sweet!

xzhPlEh.png?1

I looked up "warhammer table top board game" in youtube, damn that's a big freaking board! the miniatures looks cool and the entire setup is amazing but it looks like actually playing it would be tiring.

Is Warhammer originally a board game?

wlTH76o.jpg

i know right. oh my god.

Here's the cinematic trailer. Warhammer Fantasy is less grimdark than 40K and sets in fantasy world with swords instead of sci-fi with guns.

It's been out for years now. Where've you been?

I looked up "warhammer table top board game" in youtube, damn that's a big freaking board! the miniatures looks cool and the entire setup is amazing but it looks like actually playing it would be tiring.

Yea, it's been around since the '80s. I figured everyone knew that :v Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Yes, but there's many different variations.  Necromunda, Blood Bowl, Mordheim, Kill Team, etc.

What you're seeing is the raw table top game.

• Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven't bought anything yet there's Dawn of War one and two in this bundle (first is a RTS and 2nd is more of a RPG)

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win