Either air superiority or ground superiority is screwed up.

Prefontaine

I currently have both air and ground superiority in most of my wars. When I check to do a ground attack it shows their full combat value for tanks. When I go to do an air attack, 2/3rds of their aircraft show up.

scSqPGJ.gif

I currently have both air and ground superiority in most of my wars. When I check to do a ground attack it shows their full combat value for tanks. When I go to do an air attack, 2/3rds of their aircraft show up.

Not sure about land but aircraft was changed so that they get 2/3 instead of 1/2. 

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The combat value of the tanks is never shown, the value is halved but the number of tanks is still present as all tanks still take part in the battle unlike aircraft. 

• Upvote 1

IpHGyGc.png

It seems to be working the way it was coded.

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

Not sure about land but aircraft was changed so that they get 2/3 instead of 1/2. 

I'm aware. The problem is it's showing up for one, and not the other when I'm attacking. I should either get the bonus for both, or neither. Not one or the other.

scSqPGJ.gif

The combat value of the tanks is never shown, the value is halved but the number of tanks is still present as all tanks still take part in the battle unlike aircraft. 

Since Diabolos needs pictures.

kEEZiUR.png

I have both air and ground superiority in that war. Yet the values show only reflect it in attacking for one. 

scSqPGJ.gif

No Diabolos is right, all the tanks work, but they are less effective. Working as intended I think.

Edit: to make it clearer:

2/3rd of aircraft are usable with ground superiority against you.

Tanks combat value is halved with Air superiority against you.

Edited by Phiney
T7Vrilp.png

So basically the same thing intended, but implemented differently. No wonder the confusion. However. I'm pretty sure tanks are only limited in half attacking. In defense they are full value.

Hence the mismatch. Unless that's changed somewhere and I missed it.

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

All tanks participate but are only worth half their normal combat value so that all defending tanks could potentially be destroyed in a single battle. 

You couldn't accomplish the same sort of thing when fighting only half a person's planes.

That's not to say one way is better than the other, but it does add some opportunity for thinking strategically.

Edited by Princess Bubblegum

No Diabolos is right, all the tanks work, but they are less effective. Working as intended I think.

Edit: to make it clearer:

2/3rd of aircraft are usable with ground superiority against you.

Tanks combat value is halved with Air superiority against you.

Well that's a bit asinine? They basically do the same thing, but display differently.  2/3rds being usable versus combat value being halved does the same thing, no? Why not display it the same way?

scSqPGJ.gif

That's not to say one way is better than the other, but it does add some opportunity for thinking strategically.

No, tanks are nearly worthless. They are good solely for score boosting or a slightly better punch when raiding. In alliance wars you're better off without.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

How do tanks opperating at 50% effectiveness differ from having 50% of your tanks be combative? Is it the damage formula that you take? So now I can loose more cus I'm using more?

scSqPGJ.gif

How do tanks opperating at 50% effectiveness differ from having 50% of your tanks be combative? Is it the damage formula that you take? So now I can loose more cus I'm using more?

Yes, that is the difference. 100% of tanks can be lost in a single battle when operating at 50% efficiency... as opposed to losing 50% of one's tanks in a single battle at 100% efficiency.

Using more tanks is also using more resources, but that is not very significant in the grand scheme.

Edited by Princess Bubblegum

No, tanks are nearly worthless. They are good solely for score boosting or a slightly better punch when raiding. In alliance wars you're better off without.

Disagree actually. Tanks are useful in the opening salvo when you want to establish GC to neuter the other guys airforce.

After that, they're less important, especially if you've already cut the opponents tanks down.

• Upvote 2
wF9Bjre.gif

Yes, that is the difference. 100% of tanks can be lost in a single battle when operating at 50% efficiency... as opposed to losing 50% of one's tanks in a single battle at 100% efficiency.

Using more tanks is also using more resources, but that is not very significant in the grand scheme.

On the flip side, when an opponent has ground control on you, its slower for them to actually kill your planes, thus giving ground control a bit of a down side. 

scSqPGJ.gif