Government Improvement Catagory

Jefferson Davis III

In the beginning of this game, we really didn't see this issue up until recently, but with nations growing ever and ever bigger, nations are starting to run out of improvements to build. I propose a entirely new category of improvements that are known to be crucial to a city. 

This category would be called government improvements. The list would go like this,

City Hall: This is the center of government in this city and improves overall government communication. As a result, your city planners are able to build better homes. So your city's overall population increases by 2.5% above it's base. The City Hall costs $200,000 + 50 Steel. You can only build 1 city hall per city.

City Park: In order to keep everyone in touch with the environment, You can build a city park, people think about the environment and recycle more, combine that with the amount fresh air in the park, this decreases your cities pollution level  by 2 points, but it also makes people want to move your city, so your city's population increases by 1% above it's base. A city Park costs $200,000. You can build only 4 parks per city.

City Court House: This is the place where crimes are prosecuted, but also where people go to get licenses and other documents, as a result, you city runs more efficiently and crime decreases. Crime rate decreases by 0.75% and Population increases by 1.5% above base. The Court House costs $250,000 + 50 Steel. You can build up to two court houses per city.

City Library: Your people need a place to read and study, so you should build a library, and if your going to build you might as well make it good. The library increases population by 2.5% above base and increases commerce by 2% even if the limit has been reached. You can build up to 5 libraries. A Library costs $500,000 plus 50 steel.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

National Government buildings, You will only see these options in your capital city, but these are much bigger and also more expensive, these also effect the whole nation, kind of like miniature projects.

Parliament: Gives a more secure surroundings for your government and therefore increases their efficiency. City Improvement Upkeep decreases by 3% for all cities. Parliament costs $1,500,000 plus 75 steel.

Capital Home: You as the leader of your nation, already have a place where you live and work, and you do that quite well, however, your HQ isn't really up to snuff, You need a structure that is rivaled only by your ability to lead. This new upgraded home increases population in all your cities by 1% above there base and your capital city by 2.5% above its base, but that's not all, it decreases military cost by 5% which also combines with the stratocracy government type. The capital home costs $3,500,000 plus 75 Aluminum

Edited by Jefferson Davis
  • Upvote 4

"Head-shots for days"

This is a really good idea actually.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Nice idea, I especially like the idea of unique capital city buidings, but I have to say that the city improvements are all pretty underpowered for the price, 1% commerce bonus and 2 point pollution decreases are almost worthless, and with the possible exception of population boosters, I wouldn't say that they're very valuable. On the other hand, the capital city improvements seem really OP for the price, 5% military upkeep reduction for just 2 million is an amazing bargain. With a little balancing, I think these could be a pretty cool addition.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Nice idea, I especially like the idea of unique capital city buidings, but I have to say that the city improvements are all pretty underpowered for the price, 1% commerce bonus and 2 point pollution decreases are almost worthless, and with the possible exception of population boosters, I wouldn't say that they're very valuable. On the other hand, the capital city improvements seem really OP for the price, 5% military upkeep reduction for just 2 million is an amazing bargain. With a little balancing, I think these could be a pretty cool addition.

Well, the reason I did it this way, is because I expect people to by the capital city buildings when they are more so a medium sized nation, but the other improvements are for when people have cities of 2,000 infrastructure or better, and when that is true, a 1% increase on 2,000 infra is a big increase. You really have to look at it this way, ever percent population is pretty much a percent in income increase. but things could be tweaked a little better, and I'll tweak the prices again and just let me know what you think.

"Head-shots for days"

meh

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

meh

I don't want to sound mean or anything, but please, say something useful or don't say anything at all, some of us are serious about these changes and would like valid input. please, Im not trying to be overbearing, but like I said, I take my threads very seriously.

"Head-shots for days"

Sounds like an excellent addition to counter-act the running out of improvements that some of the upper tier are experiencing. I particularly like the capital city improvements, lots of room for expansion there.

As you sow, so shall you reap

There's a reason improvements were limited in the first place. Large nations aren't supposed to be super power-houses that max out their production on everything and export their extra resources. These improvements listed here just make large nations that much more OP. In the top-tiers, where nations are making 4 mil a day, this is what you're going to see:

(I'm assuming stacking bonuses here... bonuses that reinforce each other would just make these numbers even higher)

City Hall: +100k 

City Parks: +160k 

City Court Houses: +120k

City Libraries(if per city): +766k

This suggestion would basically just be boosting the top tiers. Implementing just this solution on its own would make things incredibly unbalanced. However, it could work if the commerce system were re-done like this suggestion. In that event, building these improvements should be fine because nations would essentially be sacrificing economic competitiveness to build these improvements. It would be a more balanced approach that doesn't essentially gift income to large nations (and gifting income like the OP's suggestion would just move the game dynamic further away from the intended one of inter-tier dependency).

I don't want to sound mean or anything, but please, say something useful or don't say anything at all, some of us are serious about these changes and would like valid input. please, Im not trying to be overbearing, but like I said, I take my threads very seriously.

I did, then decided there was no point. And screw you and your "serious" threads, this entire thread is a joke. $3.5 mil and then 75 aluminum? lol wut

My original comment was in-line with PB's though, to &#33;@#&#036;ing overpowered.

Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

There's a reason improvements were limited in the first place. Large nations aren't supposed to be super power-houses that max out their production on everything and export their extra resources. These improvements listed here just make large nations that much more OP. In the top-tiers, where nations are making 4 mil a day, this is what you're going to see:

(I'm assuming stacking bonuses here... bonuses that reinforce each other would just make these numbers even higher)

City Hall: +100k 

City Parks: +160k 

City Court Houses: +120k

City Libraries(if per city): +766k

This suggestion would basically just be boosting the top tiers. Implementing just this solution on its own would make things incredibly unbalanced. However, it could work if the commerce system were re-done like this suggestion. In that event, building these improvements should be fine because nations would essentially be sacrificing economic competitiveness to build these improvements. It would be a more balanced approach that doesn't essentially gift income to large nations (and gifting income like the OP's suggestion would just move the game dynamic further away from the intended one of inter-tier dependency).

Point taken, but there has to be something bigger nation might want to spend their money on. Also, what do you think of the capital city only improvements??

"Head-shots for days"

• 2 weeks later...