Mensa HQ condemns disloyalty

Pfeiffer

So if this is about disloyalty, if someone were disloyal to VE, for instance, Mensa would take the same action, yes?  Or BoC or whatever.  Mensa condemns leaking in general and won't partake in or benefit from it?

If someone leaks something to you will you immediately tell the people they offended via leaking, inform them to counteract the treachery?  Because it's not about the alliance they're in.  It's about disloyalty.  Right?  So if anyone leaked anything to you, by following your logical progression to its conclusion you would have to !@#$ them over.  And possibly attack them.

So either:

A: Nobody will ever leak anything to you because you'll just screw them over and not benefit from their leak.

OR

B: You are intellectually disingenuous and/or are lying about the motivations for this.

Which is it?  Are you stupid or are you liars?  Being liars is fine.  People lie.  But you're in a position where, in order to preserve your lies, you're going to have to lie and pretend to be stupid.  Which is maybe not a wise move.  I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you guys were put up to this, honestly.  Because that seems most likely.  Because if that's not the case, by following this route you've forced yourselves to either say "We're too principled for you to leak to us so never tell us anything." or at some point admit that you don't actually have any of these principles and you're really just liars.  Which will make you look wishywashy because the !@#$ing point of having principles is that you don't violate them.

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 3

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[10:47] you used to be the voice of irc

I hold no official position in Mensa but it's clear that there's no hard and fast rule here.  Mensa are against treachery but we're also geniuses.  We value morals but also look at the bigger picture.

Every case is presumably taken on it's own individual merits.  All factors are to be considered and appropriate action, if any is needed, can come in different forms and timescales.  Even inaction itself can be the logical and correct move in certain circumstances.  Fallacies will not back us into a corner.  We will progress and adapt without fear of contradiction.

I hold no official position in Mensa but it's clear that there's no hard and fast rule here.  Mensa are against treachery but we're also geniuses.  We value morals but also look at the bigger picture.

Every case is presumably taken on it's own individual merits.  All factors are to be considered and appropriate action, if any is needed, can come in different forms and timescales.  Even inaction itself can be the logical and correct move in certain circumstances.  Fallacies will not back us into a corner.  We will progress and adapt without fear of contradiction.

Correct choice.  Way better to be liars than stupid.  Although it was kind of stupid to lie so obviously in the first place, it was definitely less stupid than just picking the stupid choice.

Edited by Ashland

aUel2fG.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mensa's future actions aren't determined by your straw man argument.  There are all manner of ways of maintaining our morals without being stupid or liars, as I'm sure you well know.

Edited by Dan77

Mensa's future actions aren't determined by your straw man argument.  There are all manner of ways of maintaining our morals without being stupid or liars, as I'm sure you well know.

Morals, yes, principles no.  What makes something a principle is that you don't violate it.  If you violate this "Finding traitors dishonorable thing" in the future then it's not a principle.  If someone leaks to you and you don't immediately turn them over and refuse to use the leak to your advantage then this isn't a principle, it's an excuse or at best a convenience.

Nobody's upset that you attacked him.  Whatever, hit him, nobody cares.  People are upset because of your rationale which is just obviously fake (because nobody's going to condemn every leaker and never condone leaks to themselves).  Everyone can see right through it and in one post I got you to admit that it's not a principle despite having claimed as much.  So why not just say what this actually is:

We wanted to hit SAI-40 for the lulz and/or someone put us up to it and if there's a leak under different circumstances we don't care.

Instead of going:

Loyalty to the alliance is important, regardless of what alliance it is.  Leaks undermine that loyalty.  Therefore leaks are bad.  And we're going to punish leakers.

You can claim to have not painted yourselves into a corner.  That doesn't make the paint around your feet any less wet or poorly suited to your cabinets.  Painting yourselves into a corner is just objectively what this was.

EDIT: Also you apparently don't know what a strawman argument is.

Edited by Ashland
  • Upvote 1

aUel2fG.png

I certainly don't believe they did it strictly out of principle, but at the same time, folks who act like this behavior is noteworthy seem a little naive to me. Mensa must have found some benefit to doing this or else it would not have been done. At the same time, every alliance wants to market itself well, so It's no surprise to me how they sought to present it.

Tbh, if you're dumb enough to be caught leaking info, you deserve to be rolled. Unless it's like, really !@#$ing funny or ironic, then you get a pass. Otherwise, yea, get rolled.

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Clearly no one told these guys about Nathan or Hereno. 

RIP Nathan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIVaUcE4kAM

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

ITT: People argue over whether or not an online community that worships a fictional anime character is completly serious and truthful in what they say on the internet...

If you were smart enough to be in MENSA you wouldn't have even had to ask this question

• Upvote 1

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

egocentric?

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

• Wiki Mod

Just a little.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid