World War Three this year? Or.. no?

Franz Von Dietrich

When im drafted to fight the bloody russians ill be perfectly okay with it. But if my poor and broke a** government doesnt pay me for it thats another story

*typo

They pay you good, what they don't do is give you any benefits AFTER the war. they'll slap you either with a dishonorable or medical to disqualify you from any VA benefits...

• Upvote 1

Maybe we shouldn't call the next big war "World War 3." WWII was in some ways an extension of the unresolved conflicts and grievances of WWI (especially regarding the Versailles treaty). There was a logical connection between the two, and therefore a better reason to give them similar names.

The thing people are calling "World War 3" will likely have a more tenuous connection to WWII than WWII did to WWI, as the Axis of WWII (Germany and Japan) are now more allied to the US than to any other major power. The sides and coalitions of any future major war will be markedly different from the previous world wars. The main thing "WWIII" will have in common with WWII will likely be that it's just a really big war.

Edited by elsuper

hxvRjGK.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just realize this topic and just had to put my opinion on this.

WW3 is not going to happen this year or next year or another year.

Russia under Putin is only too happy to get back their former soviet states.

China may sound awesome, but it's just on paper.

USA can't go to war with Russia. USA is owned by China and China will say, "No, we own half of your country and you're not allowed to go to war with our friend Russia."

Now for the rest:

ISIS may have awesome propaganda, but they won't be able to step beyond the middle east. Iran and Saudi simply will not allow it, though Egypt may be sucked into the conflict.

Japan won't go to war, they're too busy with their animes, mangas, doujins, cosplays, maids, comikets and gothlolis. If they go to war, half of them will make the rest of us laugh. Read Gate for example.

Italy will never go to war, they never won a war since the collapse of the roman empire.

France will never go to war. They never won a war that they fought themselves since ever.

Britain will probably go to war, but they'll spend more time sipping tea than bombing people.

If Brazil decide to go to war, we'll see a lot of topless army chicks.

Edited by Alice Lune

Well, there could be a small chance of a war, but I doubt that it would truly be a World War. You have to remember that the big reason the last two world wars went truly global was because, as the Europeans slugged it out in Europe, the European colonies in a Africa and Asia were also shooting it out at each other.

Today, we don't really have those colonies, meaning that a large part of the world is going to sit the whole affair out, as there isn't some colonial power telling them to go fight. Hence, no world war.

Until we can recolonize Africa, that is :P

http://7kingdoms.net/skrp/

^Forum based nation building RP. You should join it^

USA can't go to war with Russia. USA is owned by China and China will say, "No, we own half of your country and you're not allowed to go to war with our friend Russia."

You have that backwards, most of China's industry is owned by foreign (mainly US) nationals. China does own quite a bit of US debt but, then again, everyone does these days.

Obviously, neither has any real hold on the other as to prevent a war between themselves. Both sides just realize the pointlessness of it.

Edited by underlordgc
  • Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Just realize this topic and just had to put my opinion on this.

WW3 is not going to happen this year or next year or another year.

Russia under Putin is only too happy to get back their former soviet states.

China may sound awesome, but it's just on paper.

Now for the rest:

ISIS may have awesome propaganda, but they won't be able to step beyond the middle east. Iran and Saudi simply will not allow it, though Egypt may be sucked into the conflict.

Japan won't go to war, they're too busy with their animes, mangas, doujins, cosplays, maids, comikets and gothlolis. If they go to war, half of them will make the rest of us laugh. Read Gate for example.

Italy will never go to war, they never won a war since the collapse of the roman empire.

France will never go to war. They never won a war that they fought themselves since ever.

Britain will probably go to war, but they'll spend more time sipping tea than bombing people.

If Brazil decide to go to war, we'll see a lot of topless army chicks.

I was relieved that someone finally posted something reasonable in this thread (except for what I crossed out which is completely wrong. First off what do you mean owned by China? Are you referring to the 7.5% of our debt that belongs to Chinese investors? I would hardly call that owning something, especially when Japan owns about the same amount and may even pass China this year. Even if China did own our debt, how would they tell us what to do? They are just as dependent on us buying their stuff, if not more so, as we are on them producing their products. Chinese exports to Europe have tanked over the last several years so where else can they send their products?

Militarily, the only way China wins a war against the United States is if the entire war is fought within China or one of it's neighboring countries. The PLAN would get curb stomped by the USN in open combat which pretty much would limit China to fighting a land war close to home. Russia's navy may be more developed, however they have their own geographical disadvantages to deal with and still aren't as advanced and developed as the USN. So like China, they are limited to ground wars in neighboring countries. They simply don't have the military capacity to fight a world war so they aren't going to start one.

http://www.treasury.gov/ticdata/Publish/mfh.txt

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Russia/United-States/Military

Take from it what you will.

What I interpret this data as saying is that Russia has somewhat of a chance if they managed to coax the US into invading their land, and keeping the fight there (although this is just without any change of size in military on either side, which there obviously would be, inevitable). If the fight goes into the ocean, it's over for Russia.

if they managed to coax the US into invading their land,

Never going to happen.

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

If Russia miscalculates and invades the Baltics there is a good chance we could see a WWIII, at least in terms of Europe/USA declaring war on Russia.  There's no way NATO can hold the baltics, its just too difficult to project power there quickly.  So, Russian troops would occupy them while NATO gathered their forces in Poland, where I think the Russians would be stopped if they invaded, and from where the counter-attack to Moscow will begin.

Once its clear that Russia is going to lose a big war, they'll coup Putin and put a new guy in charge and we'll get a status quo peace with threat of nukes if the USA wants terms.

Duke of House Greyjoy

If Russia miscalculates and invades the Baltics there is a good chance we could see a WWIII, at least in terms of Europe/USA declaring war on Russia.  There's no way NATO can hold the baltics, its just too difficult to project power there quickly.  So, Russian troops would occupy them while NATO gathered their forces in Poland, where I think the Russians would be stopped if they invaded, and from where the counter-attack to Moscow will begin.

Once its clear that Russia is going to lose a big war, they'll coup Putin and put a new guy in charge and we'll get a status quo peace with threat of nukes if the USA wants terms.

More likely, Russia will be kicked out of Eastern Europe, but will be able to prevent the west from counter attacking back into Russia by threatening nukes. The Russians are crazy, and potentially desperate enough to use nukes, NATO, not so much. In fact, I think it was/is even a part of Russian military doctrine to use tactical nukes if it appears that Russia is about to lose a big one.

This, of course, is assuming that Russia is dumb enough to escalate to the point where they actually invade and occupy the Baltics. They may be immoral, possibly psychotic, definitely unpredictable, but not idiots(at least I hope not).

Edited by Director

http://7kingdoms.net/skrp/

^Forum based nation building RP. You should join it^