A Public Call for Action - ESA Requests Assistance

Aksel

esaheader_zpsjbnkemnx.gif

Good people of Orbis,

Over the past several weeks ESA has suffered numerous attacks from the 99% - these attacks are aimed at our weaker members who cannot protect themselves - and because these attacks are attacking our weaker, newer members we cannot reach to assist these members with defensive maneuvers. I know this has been a problem for a few other alliances as well.

It is understandable that some members of this game are uneducated - as they can only receive the knowledge their leaders are passing down to them. However, it is up to the leaders of each alliance in this game to educate and shape their members into respectable and mature players of this game. If the leader fails to step up, they fail their alliance.

Throughout the raids, I have personally reached out to Princess Bubblegum, asking to call off the attacks. One time - I received a response - the other times, I received nothing...

raidpolicy_zpsb0f19bac.png

Although raid policies should appear to be common sense throughout Orbis, there are many individuals who may not understand where new alliances stand - or well established alliances for that matter. Here at ESA, we make it simple.

-If any nation of Orbis attacks any nation within the Earth System Alliance, our fleets will be dispatched to answer that nation with defensive attacks.

-A communication line will be open from a member of our Command Staff to that nation as well as that nation's alliance leadership, should they belong to an alliance.

-Reparations and discretionary damages will be discussed and a plan of action will be agreed upon by both parties and acted upon.

-If there is no diplomatic resolution received, the Earth System Alliance will fully engage the nation(s) attacking and identify the attacks as an act of war against the ESA.

Our raid policy is clear and our policy is public.

Those that do not obey the policy are to be met with the force of the ESA Fleet - however, these nuisance attacks fall beyond where we can assist our members fully - so we turn to you Orbis. We are asking for your assistance in putting these nations, this alliance in its place - help us help the community and Orbis from nuisance attacks on new players of this game.

If you're interested in giving us a hand, please message me for details or find me on IRC #ESA

Edited by The Speaker

Are you asking people to help you out of good will or for a reward, say, cash, resources, etc?

The post does indeed say contact for details - details will be discussed upon contact. I can say, those that wish to help out will be rewarded and that reward will be discussed between both ESA Command Staff and the helpful party.

I read that, I was just poking around to get answers to some general questions here. I can't help you in any case since I am out of their range, except with spies and I doubt they would be of much help to you.

well, none the less - we appreciate your inquiry!

• Upvote 1

Have you tried handling this diplomatically?

Throughout the raids, I have personally reached out to Princess Bubblegum, asking to call off the attacks. One time - I received a response - the other times, I received nothing...

Hard to handle diplomatically if it is a one sided conversation.

Curious, what was PB's response to that one message?
xzhPlEh.png?1

Man, way to make your entire alliance seem weak and incapable of handling its own problems in a single post.

Thanks for your post, please enjoy this small bit of entertainment.

-removed for filter evasion-

• Upvote 3

Curious, what was PB's response to that one message?

I'm at work so I can't screenshot/save an image, but here is a copy/paste. Can provide a screenshot later for verifications purposes.

From: Princess Bubblegum Date: 01/22/2015 Thursday 2:55 pm

I've sent the obligatory request for peace. If he doesn't offer it, you have my permission to stomp him using whatever means. We have no intention of interfering.

what kind of help? do you mean embargo?

help them get out or join them if unable to defend and without proper aid or decided to do so???

we are helping one or two getting out of their war range....so I saw some good result in active newbies

Edited by Arthur James

what kind of help? do you mean embargo?

help them get out or join them if unable to defend and without proper aid or decided to do so???

we are helping one or two getting out of their war range....so I saw some good result in active newbies

wut?

"Mars aeternum."

what kind of help?

I guess I should have spelled it out for the crowd that doesn't quite grasp easy concepts that quick.

1. ESA and other alliances are raided by the 99% on a frequent basis.

2. Diplomatic attempts have turned up no solutions - as PB is not active on the PM system in-game.

3. We are requesting assistance to: a)wipe them out, b)force them back, c)educate with violence

4. We do understand that we cannot reach the attackers as our alliance is mostly 100NS and beyond - it is a problem we are working to fix, but in the meantime (which means now...) we are asking for assistance.

5. The purpose of this post is to: a)bring PB out of hiding for discussions, b)get able-bodied people to help us with our small issue, c)obviously drag out the hordes of people who have no comprehension skills.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like PB gave you the go ahead to smash the guy raiding you. 

Though I'm curious why that person hasn't been kicked yet if the war is on going.

Well - that was for the first raid - we have a few members that show as inactive, only due to college and their work life. I stay in contact with these guys, so its tough to keep that little diamond from changing colors to inactive.

The first message sent from PB was welcomed as I felt the situation was acknowledged, but as we progress to present day there have been a handful of other attacks as well. Lucky enough for them they sit at such a low NS.

Like I said.

The main objectives of this post were to:

1. Bring PB out and talk with us.

2. Find some help to push these raids/raiders back (with compensation of course)

3. Bring to light a nuisance issue that a few other alliances have expressed to us as well.

I'd offer to help arbitrate, but I doubt I could remain neutral on the situation. I do however wish you luck in dealing with this (annoyingly) common problem. 

If it was me, I'd pump your defender full of cash, ammo, and gas. Let him go hog wild. I think TEst has one or two 'new' people who could use some battle training. Maybe ask Pinchy and Phiney to lend them to you for training.

• Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

Have you contacted your own allies about this? If I remember correctly you have a MDAP with BoC and USoT.

You should probably ask them for help other than the general community.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Have you contacted your own allies about this? If I remember correctly you have a MDAP with BoC and USoT.

You should probably ask them for help other than the general community.

Have you wiped your ass today?

^ That's basically what you're asking me - obviously you wipe your ass, because that's the normal thing to do.

BoC and UST are aware of this situation - as they are also dealing with it.

You should probably...wipe your ass.

I'd offer to help arbitrate, but I doubt I could remain neutral on the situation. I do however wish you luck in dealing with this (annoyingly) common problem. 

If it was me, I'd pump your defender full of cash, ammo, and gas. Let him go hog wild. I think TEst has one or two 'new' people who could use some battle training. Maybe ask Pinchy and Phiney to lend them to you for training.

Thanks Jodo. :)

I'll most definitely check them out and see what we can do!

Edited by The Speaker
  • Upvote 2